Will saturday ever become a ground delivery day to.

It would be kind of nice to work tues through Sat. You could have monday to get things done that you cant on a weekend day.
My building has Feeder runs that are Tuesday through Saturday and runs that are Sunday through Thursday. Package car is Monday through Friday unless you take a day off in the middle of the week and can work Saturday Air.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We've got T-S FT drivers as well as FT 22.3s. I enjoyed working Saturday because Saturday air was easy money, easiest money of the week. Beats any regular weekday. Also, having Mondays off was nice.

Is there language in your supplement for an alternate work week schedule?
A couple of package car drivers are saying if they take a day off during the week they get to work Saturday to make it up regardless of seniority. Yes there is language to work an alternate schedule. Contract used to say Saturday was time and a half and Sunday double time. Now it says your 6th day is OT and 7th day is double time. Hub Day sort works Sunday through Thursday and have for years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A couple of package car drivers are saying if they take a day off during the week they get to work Saturday to make it up regardless of seniority.

They would have the opportunity to work, after scheduled Saturday air drivers.

And then, it's still in seniority order.

-Bug-

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I would sign up for a Tues-Sat shift in a heartbeat.

So many things I could do on Monday...

Wouldn't Sunday /Monday off. Mean the same as Saturday /Sunday? Still just 2 days off. I would rather like to have 4-12 hr days with 3 days off. Then it would feel like an extra day off

HBGPreloader

It's already been addressed----read your supplement.
As the others have mentioned, not all supplements address this in detail.
Ours merely states...
"Part time employees will work off the part time employee seniority lists at each Center. Only part time employees hired after August 1, 1987 for the hub only, may be required to work a six (6) day operation."
And, lets not forget that the needs of the business comes first. So, the company can push to have the contract modified to fit those needs.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Right now air is the only thing allowed to be delivered on Saturday. Does anyone think that Saturday will ever become ground delivery too. Which will force full time drives in and part time loaders in. Just wonder peoples thoughts.
yes, then sundays, then holidays, then Christmas, then forced off vacations, then no sick days.then the company will force congress to eliminate the HOS rules.then on call 24/7, then DEATH.

then they will force you to sign over your children to work after they turn 18 in your will.

you heard it first.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
yes, then sundays, then holidays, then Christmas, then forced off vacations, then no sick days.then the company will force congress to eliminate the HOS rules.then on call 24/7, then DEATH.

then they will force you to sign over your children to work after they turn 18 in your will.

you heard it first.

It is heading that way. Considering this was the first year I was forced to work the day after Thanksgiving.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm being really facetious but there is an element of truth in facetiousness.

a lot of us have been here long enough to witness the takeaways. first it was the lowly Christmas turkey. I raised hell because I knew if you give them an inch they will want a mile. then they took away the safe driving gift catalog. its all small potatoes but it adds up.

I understand the company has to compete and do business by offering service the day after thanksgiving , Saturdays, and probably eventually sundays and other holidays but they should add MORE EMPOYEES!

the managers have it worse than we do. now most managers are doing the job of 1.5 to 2 managers of 10-15 years ago. they want drivers to do the same . they wait to see the push back and when they don't see very much resistance the takeaways become greater and the work gets piled on.

I've seen the writing on the wall for years now but when I try to explain this to other drivers in my hub its like talking to that wall.

jbg77

Ive worked my full time job sundays and mondays off. It isnt that bad. Enjoy part of the weekend and take care of personal stuff on monday. you could always bud into monday thru friday im sure.