Will Trump allow a strike against UPS?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Nope but it does help to show your ignorance.

The discussion is Trump declaring that UPS is too important to the US economy and security to let it be struck.
This has happened in the past.
The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 authorizes the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency, a reaction to the national coal miners' strikes called by the United Mine Workers of America in the 1940s. Presidents have used that power less and less frequently in each succeeding decade. President George W. Bush invoked the law in connection with the employer lockout of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union during negotiations with West Coast shipping and stevedoring companies in 2002.
Truman invoked the law 12 times.

Clinton was considering invoking the law in the 1997 but was dissuaded by the Labor Secretary Alexis Herman.

The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 authorizes the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency

View attachment 196371

The Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 authorizes the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency.
Good luck with that. A work slow down is not illegal. Believe it or not, we can produce a mind numbingly slow work pace, if we put our minds to it. Lol, we’ll just disrupt 5 % of the economy, and still get paid.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Good luck with that. A work slow down is not illegal. Believe it or not, we can produce a mind numbingly slow work pace, if we put our minds to it. Lol, we’ll just disrupt 5 % of the economy, and still get paid.
Of course staying out until 10 pm at turtle pace will get old for the minority of drivers that go that route.
You know UPS will not adjust the workload.

Regardless, still so much faster than IE Sups can deliver/pickup. :wink-very:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Of course staying out until 10 pm at turtle pace will get old for the minority of drivers that go that route.
You know UPS will not adjust the workload.

Regardless, still so much faster than IE Sups can deliver/pickup. :wink-very:

How much work load do you think UPS will have during labor strife? They may not have choice but to adjust it. So what are they going to do arrest us if we go on strike? Hold a gun to our heads to make us work?

542thruNthru

Wow I would love to see the chaos if there was a work Slowdown. Heck we are already being told we are slow and unproductive multiple times a week.

I think my manager would have a heart attack if half the centers SPORH was cut in half.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Yes. And he will easily be able to spin a story that we all make $90k a year and want even more. The public wont be on our side after learning what our hourly wage is.
Eh, if he did do that I don't think it would fair well with his base. Whether he means it or not he is the working man president. Saying that UPS warehouse workers who work their asses off especially the lower level loaders for $11hr are terrible for striking wouldn't sit well with the working class that voted for him. IMHO

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
How much work load do you think UPS will have during labor strife? They may not have choice but to adjust it. So what are they going to do arrest us if we go on strike? Hold a gun to our heads to make us work?
What the friend:censored2: are you talking about GooberTurd?
Did you take your nighttime meds at noon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Right? This ain't the robber baron days, they aren't gonna call in the Pinkerton's!
I wish they would call the Pinkerton's.
Good old fashioned curb stomp them goons.
Burger_fa8638_780591.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Eh, if he did do that I don't think it would fair well with his base. Whether he means it or not he is the working man president. Saying that UPS warehouse workers who work their asses off especially the lower level loaders for $11hr are terrible for striking wouldn't sit well with the working class that voted for him. IMHO
They (UPS warehouse workers) didn't vote for the strike power ... the strike vote was by the long-term drivers making $75,000 PLUS per year that authorized the strike vote. SMH

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
A) How much work load do you think UPS will have during labor strife?
B) They may not have choice but to adjust it.
C) So what are they going to do arrest us if we go on strike?
D) Hold a gun to our heads to make us work?
A) Same as normal
B) UPS will direct drivers to get off businesses first ... resi's last.
C) That's a goofy question ... of course, for you, that's normal GooberTurd!
D) Ditto