Will UPS CEO Carol Tome sacrifice for the team?

Let’s me honest here, Drivers are overpaid. That is in accordance to the industry standards, not mine or the company. Therefore, why continue to hire expensive labor, and guarantee them 40hrs when the labor is only needed for a few days/weeks/months. Rightfully so, UPS has decided to not do that, but instead work the overpaid drivers and etc..

And this is the very Thing I dislike about the union mindset is that they want their ice cream with all the toppings and to eat it too. You can have your pay, you can have your pension and you can have your benefits. But you can’t have anything else your way.
@BadIdeaGuy give this guy a troll banner

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
That might be true but you would have to take that up with Jim Casey who allowed the Union in the door. Does the company really want to see if we can’t have anything else come August 1? By the way it’s not all or nothing! Trade offs have occurred!
Regardless how the union got into the company is pointless. The problem here is that UPS binds over backwards to please the union, but in return it does not help the company, it helps the person. The person who complains about why they don’t have equipment that functions correctly. Why they have to work so many hours. And so on and so on.

Pullman Brown

Regardless how the union got into the company is pointless. The problem here is that UPS binds over backwards to please the union, but in return it does not help the company, it helps the person. The person who complains about why they don’t have equipment that functions correctly. Why they have to work so many hours. And so on and so on.

It’s called a contract. This about doing what two parties agreed to plain and simple. Have you read the contract?

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Well thank God it’ll be a fair contract for both parties cause the past few have favored the company.
Like how?
Your pension is still there
You continue to get guaranteed 40 hours
You continue to get double time if worked 8 hours before last shift.
You continue to get free healthcare.
The company can’t force you to retire.
You continue to get pay increase even though you’ll are over paid.
The company is forced to hire based on seniority
The company cannot have contingent resources.

I can go on… I don’t think you can though.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Obviously. That wasn’t the point. You think UPS got the bad end of the deal in this current contract?
100% the contract how it is appears that the union negotiating with themselves. It should not be this hard to fire bad employees. But with out fail, the union brings them back.

Johney

Like how?

And the company is still making record profits. Don’t be upset you took that part time sup job. I know you’re regretting it.

Pullman Brown

Like how?

Then why were they willing to go back to the table in 2018 instead of last and best offer. Profits are highest they’ve ever been. That metric has to count for something.