Will UPS CEO Carol Tome sacrifice for the team?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wrong Poindexter if the company wants to continue to force overtime on a six day, they will have to compensate us for the loss of our valuable time more than just time and a half.
Lol, Work as directed. Stop whining.

Or have a local where they cannot force a sixth day...

Thebrownblob

Lol, Work as directed. Stop whining.

Or have a local where they cannot force a sixth day...
I would agree with you about working as directed in the confines of the contract on a five day work week schedule.

The continual forced 6th days is morale and soul and family crushing.

And the biggest issue is the company really doesn’t need to deliver all that volume on Saturday they are advancing a lot of Mondays work for no reason.

Thebrownblob

Actually, won't you just accept what they give you? At the worker level, not at the bargaining table, (where they'll agree to many things you'll be unhappy about). It won't be any different than any other time.
I was speaking in terms of contract negotiation times.

I believe we will be rid of the 22.4 and everyone will be a five day work week by seniority M-friend or T-s and that will fix a lot of forcing six days. If the company still needs people, they should be paying double time. Or more.

I would agree with you about working as directed in the confines of the contract on a five day work week schedule.

And the biggest issue is the company really doesn’t need to deliver all that volume on Saturday they are advancing a lot of Mondays work for no reason.
They advance a ton of Monday's work

I was speaking in terms of contract negotiation times.

I believe we will be rid of the 22.4 and everyone will be a five day work week by seniority M-friend or T-s and that will fix a lot of forcing six days. If the company still needs people, they should be paying double time. Or more.
If they would pay double time they'll get a lot more volunteers.

Thebrownblob

When I was in feeders and before Saturday delivery came to be, 90% of our Monday work was there by Saturday morning I remember having to “secure the yard” as they called it, parking trailers end to end so the local varmint couldn’t break in over the weekend.
Yep that’s exactly right. Most of the Saturday problems is simply poor management planning. And the few yahoos on here pretend it’s the workers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Locals should say no. After next summer no more forced.

FozziesDeliveries

The Butt licking flavor.
Yup.... my dumb driver brain can only take so many dumb comments. Listen i don't care if you are management or not, if you worked here or fedex or whatever, i think interesting interactions can happen on this forum. Your posts have all been negative, non-productive, venomous posts so....

homelander-gif-2.gif

Welcome to the ignore list right along side qdg2

Johney

I bet Carol is home this weekend working on UPS's best offer
You really have to wonder what upper management must think Division managers, Regional managers wise, I mean for years the CEO was taken from within the ranks. How do they feel about having no chance? You could look back and see a lot started as package handlers and worked their way through the ranks to become CEO. Now they take from outside? No wonder this company is in the shape they’re in.