Workers comp issue

The center offers TAW as a way to lower their DART numbers.

You need to follow up with LM to make sure that they have the correct injury date so that your payments will not be delayed.
I called LM and spoke with my case worker. She said that she would have to confirm with my supervisor that I have been off of work then put a request in to the lost time adjuster? Does that sound pretty standard? She said she would call back by the end of the day.

If this is a flair up of the previous injury then the requirement for being off 7 days/14 days is satisfied by the first time you injured it, ask your hotline. Realize that any lost time counts...overtime is lost if they only gave you TAW for 8 hours a day. You should be compensated for overtime if your State has the same rules as mine.
I was told that the 7/14 day rule would only have been satisfied previously if I received lost time compensated by workers comp during the last incident. I was on TAW the whole time because it was so close to peak. And I usually got more hours than 8 because I was driving misloads and helping with preload.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

This happened to me. Your supervisor/manager didn't report it correctly to liberty mutual. Your adjuster at liberty mutual is the person to update everything with daily if u need to,and u should. They have different adjusters for no lost time and lost time, and you by now should have lost time adjuster. As far as losing your insurance this is also a result of ur manager incorrectly submitting the time sheet code for ur absence. Your manager can fix it with a simple call to his HR higher ups. Communicate with liberty mutual about everything. Your manager is an idiot

The LM case worker didn't consult with my supervisor today like she was supposed to and I haven't heard anything. I was really hoping she would get things done. Today is 2 weeks without any income. I'm kind of at a loss now of who to talk to to make this finally happen.

This happened to me. Your supervisor/manager didn't report it correctly to liberty mutual. Your adjuster at liberty mutual is the person to update everything with daily if u need to,and u should. They have different adjusters for no lost time and lost time, and you by now should have lost time adjuster. As far as losing your insurance this is also a result of ur manager incorrectly submitting the time sheet code for ur absence. Your manager can fix it with a simple call to his HR higher ups. Communicate with liberty mutual about everything. Your manager is an idiot
If you don't mind, how long did it take for everything to be resolved?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Will do. I have a 3 year old in therapy and our insurance was denied because of this whole mess. I'm hoping it will resolve itself so he can get back in it before he has to miss too much.
That's ridiculous, your management team has really dropped the ball. You need to explain this to ur manager, not supervisor in am

35years

Gravy route
The LM case worker didn't consult with my supervisor today like she was supposed to and I haven't heard anything. I was really hoping she would get things done. Today is 2 weeks without any income. I'm kind of at a loss now of who to talk to to make this finally happen.
You are getting the run-around, plain and simple.
It happens all the time with Liberty Mutual.
You need to contact your State Dept of Labor Workers' Comp immediately.
It is completely unacceptable that your 3 year old miss his therapy.
It is completely unacceptable that you have not received your first check.
Contact your State Workers' Comp and file a complaint/request a hearing.
Liberty Mutual will cave in and cut a check if faced with a hearing.

Contact your Business Agent at the Union to straighten out your manager- about dropping your insurance.

Consider talking to a lawyer.

35years

Gravy route
Good luck. You have all the advice you need. It is now a mater of if you will let them continue to give you the run-around.

No.
The acting manager will take care of this or you go to his boss; the labor manager or division manager.
The acting manager literally said "I don't know anything about that." UPS is blaming LM, LM is blaming UPS. No one will give me copies of the paperwork. Calling HR tomorrow to try to get that and the insurance settled. Calling LM again then on to an attorney.

Returntosender

The acting manager literally said "I don't know anything about that." UPS is blaming LM, LM is blaming UPS. No one will give me copies of the paperwork. Calling HR tomorrow to try to get that and the insurance settled. Calling LM again then on to an attorney.
If it's the injury report?
Your state workers comp division is suppose to have the injury report on file. They should be able to provide with a copy of the report.

35years

Gravy route
Good luck. Classic run-around.
I really would encourage you to call your State Workers' Comp hotline.
The advice is free and well informed. They called LM and pressured them for me.
They are legally obligated to provide a copy of the report. Request it in writing. Document EVERYTHING from here on out. No talking to the manager without a Steward. Do everything in writing when possible. Keep a log with dates, names, etc for every interaction with UPS or LM.

35years

Gravy route
2013-2018 UPS National Master Agreement

ARTICLE 14. COMPENSATION CLAIMS Section 1. When an injury is reported the reference number will be given to the employee and when requested, a copy of the injury report will be furnished to the employee within two (2) working days of such request. A copy of the injury report will also be furnished to the Local Union if requested by a Local Union official. The Employer agrees to cooperate toward the prompt disposition of employee on-the-job injury claims. No employee will be disciplined or threatened with discipline as a result of filing an on-thejob injury report. The Employer or its designee shall not visit an injured worker at his/her home, without his/her consen