Working After retirement

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We have to send the pension fund office a notarized form every year detailing any other work. Don't have any idea what they would do if caught being dishonest.
Once the fund approves the job you don’t send anything else unless you change that job.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Once the fund approves the job you don’t send anything else unless you change that job.
My fund requires all employment and total paid hours worked annually. Not a problem for me because I will never work again.:rolleyes: Still have to submit the form every March.

UnionStrong

My fund requires all employment and total paid hours worked annually. Not a problem for me because I will never work again.:rolleyes: Still have to submit the form every March.
Not here. Once you’re approved for hrs and job you’re good. Never say never.

qdg2

We have to send the pension fund office a notarized form every year detailing any other work. Don't have any idea what they would do if caught being dishonest.
I believe you would have to give back a relative portion of your pension.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Just continue to work for the Brown Giant if you're thinking of working when you retire.
You will continue to contribute to the pension fund for me, and you will be fulfilled mentally, physically, and financially with your need to work.

Johney

Don’t need any authorization or approval here and I’ve yet to be sent any form requesting any hours worked. Going on almost a year now retired.

rod

Retired 22 years
Supposedly you can lose your pension. I wouldn't risk it if I was in that boat. Right now I could work anywhere but chose not to.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't retire to work somewhere else. I'm too busy to even volunteer anywhere.
I've got a brother-in-law who is the KING of volunteers for our area. VFW, DAV, Special Olympics, reads to kids in the grade schools,--you name it he is a volunteer. More than once he has tried to rope me into that life. I just tell him NO.

qdg2

I've got a brother-in-law who is the KING of volunteers for our area. VFW, DAV, Special Olympics, reads to kids in the grade schools,--you name it he is a volunteer. More than once he has tried to rope me into that life. I just tell him NO.
Does he have a family?

What does he do for fun?

If he's married, what's the wife think of it?

There is a lot of bureaucracy in "volunteering". For example: UNITED WAY.

I tried teaching adult literacy when I first came to feeders. The hoops were so onerous.....I gave up. Mainly admin(librarians etc) unable to think outside the box with flexibility.

rod

Retired 22 years
Does he have a family?

What does he do for fun?

I tried teaching adult literacy when I first came to feeders. The hoops were so onerous.....I gave up. Mainly admin(librarians etc) unable to think outside the box with flexibility.
My BIL is married. He says if he just sits around he would die---but I think he hates his wife. He has no hobbies. I have no problem "just sitting around" ---for awhile.

UnionStrong

Does he have a family?

What does he do for fun?

🤭

qdg2

My BIL is married. He says if he just sits around he would die---but I think he hates his wife. He has no hobbies. I have no problem "just sitting around" ---for awhile.
What does she(wife) say?

I have a friend that is scared to retire. I used to be. Over-coming our fears sometimes takes another influence to see the possibilities.....I also think we can be very OCD......I also have a friend that his 60th birthday got his wife's attention.....making her realize that they were both 60 and the clock ticking.....and just a short time ago she was saying "retirement...no way".

The home projects I've neglected with 60 hour weeks will keep me occupied for awhile after retirement...I've got less than 2 months....I'm having a hard time going to work. I've never had that feeling.