Working inside a Mall

Nike

Depends on the person. Do you want a lot of stops, less bulk, and lots of driving? Or would you prefer lots of bulk, fewer stops, and lots of pickup volume? The uniform alone can get you a lot of attention and some numbers too if you have any game or looks.

GenericUsername

Mall routes can be great - if they leave you with just mall work. Too often they will throw garbage from other routes for you to deliver after you finish your own work.

If they try that stuff, just 100% follow the pickup log within 15 minutes. Footlocker is a 1900 pickup in the board for me. They can have fun making someone come find me in the mall to pickup my air.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Any tips on what it's like working inside a mall? I've been on local sort for about a year and a half now. I passed my road test and ups driving school 6 months ago..and will soon be starting a mall route, just before peak season. Any tips or general info based off experience would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Not a driver but a preloader next to me loads up a mall. Talk to your loader on setting the truck up cuz he has footlocker/footaction/kids footlocker/vans/champs AS BULK alone.

ManInBrown

Filled in for the B driver plenty of times before i left for feeders. B driver is a great gig to fill in for. Center cant communicate with you thru the diad. A driver does all the thinking and you just work as directed and stand around staring at all the eye candy all day.

AndrewK

I
Depends on the person. Do you want a lot of stops, less bulk, and lots of driving? Or would you prefer lots of bulk, fewer stops, and lots of pickup volume? The uniform alone can get you a lot of attention and some numbers too if you have any game or looks.

I'd like to say I have the looks, but no game to be honest. What are my chances?

UPSER1987

How different/difficult in comparsion is a mall route to a normal training route, say for the sake of this convo for trying to qualify

You need to have clarification from your supervisor. We don’t use malls as training routes as it will be very hard to qualify. Get the information up front and in writing if possible as to what the production standards so you able to measure your results. Is it a true mall route or are there other businesses and resi attached? As the others have said, it is important to know the docks and which stores are front and back delivery and/or pickup.