Working vacation week is it time in a half?

Funtimes

If someone works their vacation week do they make time in a half and after 8 hrs do you make time in a half on top of the time in a half you are already making?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Here it depends if you are forced or volunteer.

Btw, it's time AND a half. Not time in a half. The time in a half of a football game is 30 minutes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If someone works their vacation week do they make time in a half and after 8 hrs do you make time in a half on top of the time in a half you are already making?

Nope.

You are paid for your vacation (45 hours) in a separate check. You are then paid straight time for the first 8 hours and OT for any hours worked beyond that each day.

WorknLateHuh

Forced during vacation? I've honestly never heard of this. What circumstances or scenario warrant someone giving up planned time with their family? this is bs

Are we talking FT and PT or what here?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You can't be forced in during vacation.
They can ask you but there is nothing they can do about it.
It's a labor issue and especially a big no-no in a union shop.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Forced during vacation? I've honestly never heard of this. What circumstances or scenario warrant someone giving up planned time with their family? this is bs

Are we talking FT and PT or what here?

You can't be forced in during vacation.
They can ask you but there is nothing they can do about it.
It's a labor issue and especially a big no-no in a union shop.
I never saw it. My supplement has language for it is all I'm saying.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Working during vacations is not allowed at our center.

It is no longer allowed in ours either.

Reason being, Bob took a certain week of vacation. Joe wanted that week also but could not get it because there were no slots left.

Months later, Bob decides to work through his vacation, the same week that Joe got closed out of.

If Bob was not going to take that week off, he never should have selected it. Joe could have got the week he wanted.

I know issues could come up changing Bob's mind to work through his vacation, but he still ended up working and not taking the week off, the week Joe wanted.

There are people on Bob's side, saying he has the seniority, screw Joe.

The local put an end to this conflict. There will be no one working through their vacations. Period.

PACNW

Here "force in" is s relative term. If they are short drivers, they may call and ask you to work some of it for time and a half. Some guys will if they didn't have plans, some guys won't. Never heard of someone actually being "forced" though. Occasionally someone will say they need to work for whatever reason during their vacation, and that is paid at straight time.

StoptheAct1212

Nope, and if you needed to work for financial reasons. And nobody grieves that you are working.. you get paid like a normal day.. anything over 8 is time and a half...

hyena

The first part of your questions been answered. For the second part you can't pyramid overtime.