Workmans Comp/Cenral States Ins.

zzupschuck

I was told by a member of management that it is in the National contract that UPS will pay health plan benefits for an employee out of service on workman's comp for up to one year. After one year the company will no longer pay for any health benefits, and the employee must pay for their own through a type of Cobra coverage...even though that employee has not been released by their doctor. I can't find it in the contract...anybody have any info?

Inthegame

I was told by a member of management that it is in the National contract that UPS will pay health plan benefits for an employee out of service on workman's comp for up to one year. After one year the company will no longer pay for any health benefits, and the employee must pay for their own through a type of Cobra coverage...even though that employee has not been released by their doctor. I can't find it in the contract...anybody have any info?
Art 14 of the National outlines work comp. Not sure what supplement you're under but in the Central, Art 14, Sec 7 requires 52 weeks of H&W coverage.

Johney

Where I'm at they only cover your benefits for a year on comp it has always been that way. 1 year for benefits and 2 years for comp pay.