World Series Predictions

local804

Local, I'll see ya in '08 buddy:thumbup1: Yankees are D-O-N-E done!

Brownie,
I am really not impressed with the Yankees taking ANOTHER series from your first place "league best record" Red Sox. They just cant seem to get it done, I think they are worried.Someone woke up the sleeping giants.

browniehound

Local,
What do you think of my new avatar? I changed it just for you buddy! I look forward to more heated debate as the season progresses:thumbup1:

P.S. How many games in front are the Sox? I'm talking 2007 here not the 1920's.:lol::lol:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Wow Seems like the bosox cant figure out how to beat the Yankees anymore. 705, I was a bit amused by the dugout scuffle between the two team players on your clowns oh I mean Cubs.
Local have you seen whos playing the best baseball right now? Its not the yankees!

Go CUBBIES!

local804

Hey Brownie and 705,
Sorry for the late response, but it is hard for me to read all the new posts on this site with my job, son, and the best team in baseball in my state. I think your avatar is cute but I almost puked when I first looked at it.As for 705..... I have no clue what team you are watching but the cubbies have the same record as the Yankees in the past 10 games so best baseball? lmfao lol lol

HazMatMan

While it is still early in the season I thought it would be a good time to see what some of my UPSers think.

AL Champs NY Yankees
NL Champs Atlanta Braves/New York Mets
WS Champions (once again) NY Yankees

Ok, here we are 2 months after this prediction, Yanks are still double digits out of first, Clemens 2 months older. Pettitte 2 months older, oh most importantly, Mets still in first place..I hope and pray A-Rod breaks both the home run record and runs batted in record AND they don't make the playoffs, it will prove what i've said all along, A-Rod is useless.
Can't wait to see what Boras throws on the Yankees table if A-Rod did in fact break the home run record, 35 million perhaps, if he breaks hr mark and they win the world series on an A-Rod home run? 45 million?? 50 million per year??? Simply unbelievable!!

local804

Ok, here we are 2 months after this prediction, Yanks are still double digits out of first, Clemens 2 months older. Pettitte 2 months older, oh most importantly, Mets still in first place..I hope and pray A-Rod breaks both the home run record and runs batted in record AND they don't make the playoffs, it will prove what i've said all along, A-Rod is useless.
Can't wait to see what Boras throws on the Yankees table if A-Rod did in fact break the home run record, 35 million perhaps, if he breaks hr mark and they win the world series on an A-Rod home run? 45 million?? 50 million per year??? Simply unbelievable!!

Hazmatman,
Last time I checked, the lead was 8!!!! Remember what happened in 78? lol ask browniehound lol
Btw Mets were a half an inch from signing Arod before the yankees got him. The deal breaker was they wouldnt give him his personal airplane or a place to sell his merchandise. Did you forget about that????? Well I didnt. HAte him all you want when he isnt on your team but love him if he was??????? lol lol Just remember, he is the best player as of now in baseball, end of discussion.
your turn....
Ps look into the stats to the subway series since interleague came to play.
Pretty amazing, and not the mets either.
ttfn

HazMatMan

Hazmatman,
Last time I checked, the lead was 8!!!! Remember what happened in 78? lol ask browniehound lol
Btw Mets were a half an inch from signing Arod before the yankees got him. The deal breaker was they wouldnt give him his personal airplane or a place to sell his merchandise. Did you forget about that????? Well I didnt. HAte him all you want when he isnt on your team but love him if he was??????? lol lol Just remember, he is the best player as of now in baseball, end of discussion.
your turn....
ttfn

Yeah I guess I did forget about the Mets getting A-rod, I think young men named David Wright or Jose Reyes (wherever A-Rod was going to play) made me forget. Also last time I checked Bucky Dent was retired. lol.. Checking those stats now, but what good does that do for anything happening right here right now?? They split this year. Boston is toying with them. I don't hate A-Rod, I just think he is severely overpaid just like almost every other player in the league.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hey Brownie and 705,
Sorry for the late response, but it is hard for me to read all the new posts on this site with my job, son, and the best team in baseball in my state. I think your avatar is cute but I almost puked when I first looked at it.As for 705..... I have no clue what team you are watching but the cubbies have the same record as the Yankees in the past 10 games so best baseball? lmfao lol lol
17 and 5 over the last 22 games! It really sux that we wont be able to beat the hated yankees for the series this year, but im sure whan girardi takes over next year we will see you in the playoff picture again real soon. Not this year!

local804

Hazmatman,
your turn....
ttfn

Sorry guys, the lead is 7.

local804

Hazmetman,
I was talking about the huge lead that boston had on the Yanks and it disapeared just like this one is going to. Put on your seatbelt, its going to be a real bumpy ride. Btw I agree we split with you this year, even though we put up football number against you, we still own you in our history and ate you for breakfast when it counted in 2000.
good day sir.

HazMatMan

Hazmetman,
I was talking about the huge lead that boston had on the Yanks and it disapeared just like this one is going to. Put on your seatbelt, its going to be a real bumpy ride. Btw I agree we split with you this year, even though we put up football number against you, we still own you in our history and ate you for breakfast when it counted in 2000.
good day sir.

Yeah, I remember that year I was only 9 years old, but I do remember one thing, that I hated the Yanks even back then. Ate us for breakfast in 2000? that was a long time ago. Typical Yankee fan, harping on the past, hey, remember when Ruth hit 60 home runs?? lol..

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hazmetman,
good day sir.
Didnt tampa bay put up some football numbers this weekend on the yanks?

local804

Sat 7/21 Yanks won 7-3
SAt 7/21 Yanks won 17-5
Sun 7/22 Yanks won 21-4 all vs TB

It actually looks like you have the teams all messed up again. The yankees put up a few touchdowns. 21 runs????? lol
Where are you getting these fabricated stories from?