World's Most Ethical Companies

UPS Lifer

Going back to the original subject. Ethics goes to the core of the individual and the company. You either have it or you don't! Most folks in our company are ethical and hard working people. Sooooo, do those folks deserve recognition for being part of a company that is considered one of the most ethical companies....you bet they do!

dammor

Going back to the original subject. Ethics goes to the core of the individual and the company. You either have it or you don't! Most folks in our company are ethical and hard working people. Sooooo, do those folks deserve recognition for being part of a company that is considered one of the most ethical companies....you bet they do!

Interesting thread. I can understand both sides of this dicussion. I've worked here a very long time and know for a fact the whole mood of a center can and does change depending on who is running the show. There have been times I thought this center was going to implode. At one time it got so bad the division manager called a town hall meeting at a hotel here before work. It was mandatory that we would attend. Local management was not invited.
I must say I was skeptical going in. I thought it would be another big ole butt chewing. We were used to that. I turned out to be the most amazing interaction between upper management and hourlys I have ever witnessed. They asked for imput and it poured out. I left there feeling better, but still not trusting that it would in fact make a difference. Guess what , it did make a difference. This center started turning around and we still are in the middle of that turn, but I found a new respect for the ones at that meeting that said we hear you and will do our best to address the issues that were dragging the center down.

Point being, ethics are still alive and well. At least they are here for now anyway. It is a fact that one person can help change things. Several here did.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
more did they happen to list the teamsters anywhere?
You should look for a list of unethical management and see where you rank, with more than 4300 posts since you joined in the year 2000 you average about 2 posts a day. Do you deny that you post your underwhelming rants from UPS computers? Should we check the times of your posts? No need you do. Is it ethical to use company time for your opinions? Or is your biased agenda being supported by your boss? Yeah I know I know you use your wireless laptop on your bathroom breaks since you have to squat anyway.... right .

BROWNDAWG

You should look for a list of unethical management and see where you rank, with more than 4300 posts since you joined in the year 2000 you average about 2 posts a day. Do you deny that you post your underwhelming rants from UPS computers? Should we check the times of your posts? No need you do. Is it ethical to use company time for your opinions? Or is your biased agenda being supported by your boss? Yeah I know I know you use your wireless laptop on your bathroom breaks since you have to squat anyway.... right .
SOCAL YOU'RE SO COOOLLLLL:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.

tieguy

Banned
You should look for a list of unethical management and see where you rank, with more than 4300 posts since you joined in the year 2000 you average about 2 posts a day. .

Why Dave does this mean you plan to turn down the class action check you did not earn?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DS

Fenderbender
Interesting thread. I can understand both sides of this dicussion. I've worked here a very long time and know for a fact the whole mood of a center can and does change depending on who is running the show. Point being, ethics are still alive and well. At least they are here for now anyway. It is a fact that one person can help change things. Several here did.
Maybe as a whole,compared to most companies,ups is the most ethical of them all,but its those freelance center managers that have no idea how to use the bundle key
that come in like lions and try to clean house that ruin things for everyone.They generally get fired ,but not before they`ve damaged the lives and careers of otherwise very productive employees.Not too many of them will agree to sit downs like you dammor...if they did it would make us stronger ...

705red

Browncafe Steward
705 - I have only been retired one month.... so that argument does not hold up! I have seen that type of thread in many other comments. A little arogance seems to be shinng through. It seems that anytime a retired person disagrees with comments made that we do not have a pulse on what is happening. Don't forget...one day you will be there also!

You are right, the company isn't the same. I am not happy with Esquew either. Things do need to change but we need to adapt to change and not resist it. You do this through your leadership working with non-management and management folks. There are plently of management folks out there that feel the company is not the same. Each person does make a difference. Again, you can either make a ositive impact or a negative impact....it is your choice!
Thanks for turning your back on us and opting for retirement. Your selfish practice what you preach, (lol) enjoy retirement, when i retire i will never think of this place, other than all the good friends i made through this job.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Why Dave does this mean you plan to turn down the class action check you did not earn?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No it means you surf the net when you should be working you leech. When you return your paycheck and ask to be put to use spongeguy square head I'll see about that check your so envious of. Till then please when using the smiles guy:laugh: one is quite enough, more then that makes you look as pathetic as the idiot who hired you.

I

IntregritySmegrity

I really am disturbed by the response to this post. Moreluck tells us of some favorable publicity UPS receives, and people attack. Trickpony is concerned that "other posters' have expressed concern about UPS ethics. Of course, we have only heard one side of these posts, and can only assume that their view of UPS is limited to a center or district. 705RED apparently assumes that UPS either "cheated this system" or "greased someones palm" to get this award. Tell me, what is your exposure to UPS, and why should I think it is greater than the system that Ethisphere used to rate companies. Just curious, but I do find your off hand implications that UPS is unethical offensive, because there are hundreds of thousands of UPS'ers worldwide who go to work every day and try to do the right thing. I don't know what your local problem is, but I don't think you can raise it to the level that the whole company is unethical because you are unhappy with your job.

Stop your rhetoric. UPS is unethical. I don't know that it has always been. I remember back in the 80's when you did wrong, reported it, and got slammed.

Today, you report numbers close to what is expected, cover up the truth, and get slammed for marginal productivity improvements.

I don't go a day without seeing or hearing something completely outlandish at UPS. I believe this is why we are in the state that we are. We (managment) lie about everything because it is easier to tell upper management what they want to hear than to reveal how we really are.

UPS had integrity.

UPS Lifer

Thanks for turning your back on us and opting for retirement. Your selfish practice what you preach, (lol) enjoy retirement, when i retire i will never think of this place, other than all the good friends i made through this job.

I put in 35.5 years with UPS. I was a manager level for the past 20 years. My goal the last 10 years was to train my supervisors to emulate my values. The things I did the lst 10 years (after the strike) will have a ripple affect as these supervisors get promoted to bigger and better things. That is how you make a difference and keep it going (legacy) after your gone.

Also by posting to this website (lol)

Channahon

705 red - favorite color

Do you know that for a fact. Do you really think UPS pays off anybody in the press.
UPS is a global organization. We sometimes only see what's in front of us and not get the
BIG PICTURE.

Channahon

Stop your rhetoric. UPS is unethical. I don't know that it has always been. I remember back in the 80's when you did wrong, reported it, and got slammed.

Today, you report numbers close to what is expected, cover up the truth, and get slammed for marginal productivity improvements.

I don't go a day without seeing or hearing something completely outlandish at UPS. I believe this is why we are in the state that we are. We (managment) lie about everything because it is easier to tell upper management what they want to hear than to reveal how we really are.

UPS had integrity.

If UPS management is lying, they need to get fired.
I do not agree with your assesement.

Every management person knows they need to report, it is what it is.

There are too many reports and technology that can dispute inappropiate reporting.

And those that try to manipulate the reprorts will no longer be working at UPS.

Brownnblue

Again, getting back to the original theme of the thread.....has anyone seen this article? What was the criteria for the ranking?
You see plenty of those "best places to live" or "world's greatest athlete" stories, but the criteria may only be relevent to the author.

If there was a link, I missed it.

grami72

UPS had integrity.

If you are one of the people who "lie about everything", then you are part of the problem. You should be reporting this through the hotline. I have dealt with some issues in the past that were reported through the hotline, and they are taken seriously. In my book, if you see something unethical, not some decision you merely disagree with, it is your responsibility to report it.
In my 32 years with UPS I saw the vast majority of people trying to do the right thing. Those that didn't, eventually got weeded out. Sometimes it takes while, but it happens.

705red

Browncafe Steward
705 red - favorite color

Do you know that for a fact. Do you really think UPS pays off anybody in the press.
UPS is a global organization. We sometimes only see what's in front of us and not get the
BIG PICTURE.
I dont know it for a fact, but with all this down sizing with non essential personnel im sure we will have our proof soon enough.

Maybe they interviewed the russian managers for ups, that makes sense on how they got that rating.

LKLND3380

If UPS management is lying, they need to get fired.
I do not agree with your assesement.

Every management person knows they need to report, it is what it is.

There are too many reports and technology that can dispute inappropiate reporting.

And those that try to manipulate the reprorts will no longer be working at UPS.

hmmmm... I could probably open a whole can of worms...