Worried about my pension

Box Ox

"Worried about my pension"

What I do: Pretend there will be no pension by the time I reach retirement age, and shovel money into the Roth IRA and 401K accordingly.

rod

Retired 22 years
No you didn’t pay for your current government assistance. You were plundered by your parents and the government. Just like you rob me and I’m suppose to rob the next.

When I’m your age I won’t feel entitled to the next generation’s money and government sanctioned plunder.

If you work hard all your life I GUARANTEE you will feel entitled to it. (oh- to be young again and live in a fantasy world))

Box Ox

and a "get off my lawn".

34pb701.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
If you work hard all your life I GUARANTEE you will feel entitled to it. (oh- to be young again and live in a fantasy world))
I disagree with you and think it’s hypocritical to patronize millennials who want to plunder the working class as well.

They call it universal income/healthcare, you call it social security or Medicare/caid.

Honestly I’d rather be subsidizing the early years of people’s live rather than the later. More of a pay off in my opinion, not that I want taxes imposed to subsidize either one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I disagree with you and think it’s hypocritical to patronize millennials who want to plunder the working class as well.

They call it universal income/healthcare, you call it social security or Medicare/caid.

Honestly I’d rather be subsidizing the early years of people’s live rather than the later. More of a pay off in my opinion, not that I want taxes imposed to subsidize either one.
We agree to disagree then. My father in law always said he couldn't understand why seniors got a discount on everything. He said the young people should get it because they were the ones who couldn't afford full price. I was lucky. I've had a job since 4th grade except for about a month or two after I got out of the Army so I could always buy most anything I wanted. I even had a moped starting in 5th grade--everybody else rode bikes but not everybody else had a paper route and worked shoveling :censored2: on a mink ranch on weekends. Most kids barrow money from their parents when they are growing up and starting a family. I on the other hand I gave my parents money when they needed a new refrigerator while I was in the Army.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
We agree to disagree then. My father in law always said he couldn't understand why seniors got a discount on everything. He said the young people should get it because they were the ones who couldn't afford full price. I was lucky. I've had a job since 4th grade except for about a month or two after I got out of the Army so I could always buy most anything I wanted. I even had a moped starting in 5th grade--everybody else rode bikes but not everybody else had a paper route and worked shoveling :censored2: on a mink ranch on weekends. Most kids barrow money from their parents when they are growing up and starting a family. I on the other hand I gave my parents money when they needed a new refrigerator while I was in the Army.
I turned down a free ride through college after high school.

It made me laugh when you told me to repay my college loan.

It’s been hard not to pick up the phone and call daddy saying I’m ready to go to college now, UPS is too mean.

My father was also in the military and his military benefits expanded into subsidizing my college under the Hazlewood Act. I still didn’t go.

I guess I’ve always been a right wing prick even to myself, so don’t take it personally if I scold you or anyone else who takes handouts.

Taking a handout is one of the worse feelings in the world and I think I’d rather be dead than living off of them.

rickyb

I turned down a free ride through college after high school.

It made me laugh when you told me to repay my college loan.

It’s been hard not to pick up the phone and call daddy saying I’m ready to go to college now, UPS is too mean.

My father was also in the military and his military benefits expanded into subsidizing my college under the Hazlewood Act. I still didn’t go.

I guess I’ve always been a right wing prick even to myself, so don’t take it personally if I scold you or anyone else who takes handouts.

Taking a handout is one of the worse feelings in the world and I think I’d rather be dead than living off of them.
yea but youre still getting handouts. being in america is a handout compared to less developed countries.

El Correcto

god is dead
yea but youre still getting handouts. being in america is a handout compared to less developed countries.
You’re right Ricky what was I thinking. I’m currently on Expedia booking a flight to Somalia so I can live a virtuous life like you.

Maybe I can find a Somalia mommy that will let me crash on her couch and buy me veggie taco’s until I’m 30.

rickyb

You’re right Ricky what was I thinking. I’m currently on Expedia booking a flight to Somalia so I can live a virtuous life like you.

Maybe I can find a Somalia mommy that will let me crash on her couch and buy me veggie taco’s until I’m 30.
you still get stuff for free in america, just not as much as other western countries.

ive made use of free roads, cops, libraries, parks in america.

El Correcto

god is dead
you still get stuff for free in america, just not as much as other western countries.

ive made use of free roads, cops, libraries, parks in america.
You’re misinterpreting “free”.

That’s the problem with left wing voters, you think the government fairy’s go around paying police wages, libraries, parks or roads. I contribute to each one of those things.

rickyb

You’re misinterpreting “free”.

That’s the problem with left wing voters, you think the government fairy’s go around paying police wages, libraries, parks or roads. I contribute to each one of those things.
sure but you know what i mean. paying for tuition is not the same thing as getting it "free". ones a handout, and one less so or not at all.

Zowert

There is no way social security should be underfunded. Almost ever year more social security money was collected than paid out. Ronny friend'ing Reagan put the SS money in the general fund.

That’s right, he borrowed $2.7 trillion from social security and never paid it back. Imagine if that money was left alone to gain interest after all these years.