Worst Day Ever?

D

dont want to be known

Try being bitten by a large dog, spending 2 hours at the doctor getting it cleaned up and then having the front tire BREAK OFF the package car on the highway!
Then my wife drives by and sees the wrecked P-5 nose down and stops to see who it was.......................................................

filthpig

November 10, 1999..The day Ups announced plans to offer 10% of their stock to the public believing the UPS stock will rise to heights unimagined....well.....we're still waiting.
UPS stock remains one of the safest stocks you can invest in. FedEx stock by comparison is much more volatile then UPS . Our company is one of the most financially sound in history, and as an employee you can buy this stock at a 10% discount. Shrewd investment to say the least.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I clocked out on 15, I still am waiting to take my road test on the big doubles. I have years of time driving them. It is my understanding that most of the runs come out of Worcester Ma. With 20 years on the road, I have seen a lot and learned.

C

chicagobrown

hey worthless.....you're pretty good at math !!!!! how long have you been driving ????? i'm not one of those drivers that lets the helper do all the work......i sort he runs , i get 20 to 30 sorted we both run em off (do the math now) 2 people at 35 to 45 stops each per hour = 70 and 90...........same route for 21 years ....... its not that hard !!!!!! BEAT YOU'RE HELPER DOWN HE SLOWS DOWN......TREAT HIM OR HER RIGHT, YOU GET PRODUCTION !!!!! i'm sorry i meant a p600 (six cube as it's known here) i bet you could'nt get 15 off per hour if they lined up behind you're truck.......it's a little different in the BIG CITY......the houses are closer together and you dont have to drive as much....the tighter the area the better SPHOR.....at peak they cut my route in half and i still have twice as many stops as usual......and the other half does another 250 to 400 more stops...... i don't care about bonus(if i make it it's not by much) during PEAK i average 25 to 35 miles a day (12 of which is to and from the bldg) my route is about 1 1/2 miles sq. at peak (how many stops per city block is that worthless ?????)get a real route and then i might take you're coments to heart !!!!!!!! real drivers deliver in bigger cities, not the little HAY SEED towns......worthless are you really WORTHLESS ?????????

bones

It's up 295% since then. About 30% a year.

It was over $70 within the first 2 weeks of going public, it is around $73 now, FDX was around $40 then and is in the high $80's now. Our stock up around 5% in almost 9 years, FDX more than doubled. Go to MSN and do a 10 year chart on both. In the last year or 2 I think our stock has done better than FDX but I have to agree with a previous poster, day we went public one of worst days ever for UPS.

mrvngrdns

November 10, 1999..The day Ups announced plans to offer 10% of their stock to the public believing the UPS stock will rise to heights unimagined....well.....we're still waiting.

That's the best day I've ever had...I had to wait 6 months to sell 1/3, another six to sell the 2nd 1/3, then another six to sell the last 1/3. Big, big capitol gains, but reinvested the rest, and all is well.

bones

It was over $70 within the first 2 weeks of going public, it is around $73 now, FDX was around $40 then and is in the high $80's now. Our stock up around 5% in almost 9 years, FDX more than doubled. Go to MSN and do a 10 year chart on both. In the last year or 2 I think our stock has done better than FDX but I have to agree with a previous poster, day we went public one of worst days ever for UPS.

sorry, meant 10 year chart on each stock

I beleive it went public at $50 (closed in the 70's on the IPO)after a 2 for 1 split so your cost basis before going public was $25 or less. $70 (because of todays second warning) divided by $25 cost = 280% divided by 9.3 years = 30.1% a year. Look a one year chart, you didn't want to buy FDX last April.

Jim Kemp

hey worthless.....you're pretty good at math !!!!! how long have you been driving ????? i'm not one of those drivers that lets the helper do all the work......i sort he runs , i get 20 to 30 sorted we both run em off (do the math now) 2 people at 35 to 45 stops each per hour = 70 and 90...........same route for 21 years ....... its not that hard !!!!!! BEAT YOU'RE HELPER DOWN HE SLOWS DOWN......TREAT HIM OR HER RIGHT, YOU GET PRODUCTION !!!!! i'm sorry i meant a p600 (six cube as it's known here) i bet you could'nt get 15 off per hour if they lined up behind you're truck.......it's a little different in the BIG CITY......the houses are closer together and you dont have to drive as much....the tighter the area the better SPHOR.....at peak they cut my route in half and i still have twice as many stops as usual......and the other half does another 250 to 400 more stops...... i don't care about bonus(if i make it it's not by much) during PEAK i average 25 to 35 miles a day (12 of which is to and from the bldg) my route is about 1 1/2 miles sq. at peak (how many stops per city block is that worthless ?????)get a real route and then i might take you're coments to heart !!!!!!!! real drivers deliver in bigger cities, not the little HAY SEED towns......worthless are you really WORTHLESS ?????????

Dude you sound like a real piece of work. Seems that I touched a nerve. Are you sure you are not really a sup? I Don't use a helper I am on an extended route I do 40 miles just del air. You go be the real man and run your butt off and see where it gets you. I will just run my little "Hay seed Town" but next year when I am retired and sitting on the beach I will think about,however so briefly.
As as for being worthless, we are all worthless in the eyes of your sup. He might laugh and joke to your face but you are just a means to his end. In the over thirty years I have been here I have never recieved any kind of decipline. I have never had a warning letter, Heck I have never even had a talk with.
I run scratch every day(for what it's worth).
I am a "Circle of Honor" driver.
I have never misdel.a pkg. I have never missed a pickup, I almost never have a driver follow up.
I even got a reward once for going 10 years without being late or calling in.
MAN, I'AM GOOD
So if you think thats worthless you must be a sup.

One more thing, Just remember I make just as much in my "Hay seed Town" as you make on your "Real mans Route"

I don't think I have had a worst day. There was a week of WTO protests, dodging tear gas. 40 straight days of rain. A bum pissing on my stair in an alley. Being bumped off 2 routes while on road. A few snow incidents. A couple mud incidents. I think the bum was the worst.

C

chicago brown

hey worthless its me again..........no you did'nt hit a nerve,i just don't like people ,like you,who just can't believe that the driving methods that are taught actually work.....this time you did'nt coment on the post i made on my peak days!!!!!!! you told me how easy you're route is... is it really hard to believe that my 70 to 90 stops per hour is unatainable with helpers???? just as i have never done a rural route,i am thinking you may have never have done a city route...these are two different worlds....you do the miles i do the stops....circle of honor,congrats,i'm also 3 and 1/2 years from that goal myself(i've never had a accident)DFU'S i'm one of the best in the DISTRICT not just my building......pulled in the office just 2 times,once to be made an example out of(the center manager told me he wanted the other drivers to know he pulls in ever good drivers to his office) attendance i have never been late either....call offs,thats the only way we get days off around here....our routes are completly different,you don't have to deal with heavy city traffic,we get hit while parked,broken mirrors, crap thrown at our trucks etc.....its hard to avoid the accidents every day...but you have the many miles driven in good and bad weather,that too is hazardous...that being said,i guess we don't have any idea of each of our routes +'s and -'s each day....we should have a post CITY VS RURAL how different are they? do we share the same pressures,which is better getting home early in the city or staying out late in the rural areas....we get paid the same,but really how different are we???????again i did'nt mean to sound so mean,but we really can get that much off at peak....until we've walked in each others route we do'nt know much....good luck on the beach next year...you earned it !!!!