Would anyone go back for Peak?

Would anyone rehire for Peak?

• Total voters
Agree, cant wait first Christmas no ups. Plus I like where I work now. And customers like me, and I seldom get yelled at. And only occasionally do we get treated like children. And the heaviest thing I lift all day is a sack of feed. And I see dogs, every....single.....day. and all friendly on leashes.
Is your body feeling better?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In feeders yeah, I would do it for few extra bucks if I sorta needed the money and I was bored. And of course I would use my new found leverage (they need me more than I need them) to work only the hours that I want.
FYI we don't do this in my area, at least I've never heard of it.
Jones, they do it here. But its limited to 8 hrs a day. And you are on call. Call in every day.

trickpony1

Do the retired feeder drivers that come back to help during peak get stuck on the run that no one wants?

EDIT: ....and driving the tractor no one wants?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Is your body feeling better?
Yes. I have not gained any weight, but havent lost any. My knees work much better. My shoulders and elbows dont feel like they are going to fall out of the sockets, Lol. And no chest pains caused by anxiety. I miss the friends I made, and my driver friends. But I stay busy between work, friends, kids and grandkids, but I also have me time. And I have much more quality time as I am not trying to do everything in recovery mode.

Yes. I have not gained any weight, but havent lost any. My knees work much better. My shoulders and elbows dont feel like they are going to fall out of the sockets, Lol. And no chest pains caused by anxiety. I miss the friends I made, and my driver friends. But I stay busy between work, friends, kids and grandkids, but I also have me time. And I have much more quality time as I am not trying to do everything in recovery mode.
Good
I'm glad to hear that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Good
I'm glad to hear that.
Thanks gumby! you always had my back. It was a great ride til the end. But I went when I was ready, not when they decided I should go.
I made my point and I didnt return for my send off. I know it affected no one, they didnt care. But it sent a message I hope. Other drivers couldnt believe I didnt show up. To me it would have been letting them win. And in my mind I won. Now I just try and remember all the good times I had. I try to never allow myself to relive all the adversity. But it was a lesson.
Rainbows and unicorns now, and dogs.

Thanks gumby! you always had my back. It was a great ride til the end. But I went when I was ready, not when they decided I should go.
I made my point and I didnt return for my send off. I know it affected no one, they didnt care. But it sent a message I hope. Other drivers couldnt believe I didnt show up. To me it would have been letting them win. And in my mind I won. Now I just try and remember all the good times I had. I try to never allow myself to relive all the adversity. But it was a lesson.
No excuse for the way they treated you. You give your entire adult life to this company and they treat you like :censored2:.
I have a couple more years to go and can't wait to go.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones, they do it here. But its limited to 8 hrs a day. And you are on call. Call in every day.
Does the union suspend their pension for the period they work? That's what would happen here and for anyone with a 30 year pension that would mean a big paycut, especially if they only worked 8 hours a day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Does the union suspend their pension for the period they work? That's what would happen here and for anyone with a 30 year pension that would mean a big paycut, especially if they only worked 8 hours a day.

Good point. If the pension were suspended it might end costing people more to work than it would to just stay home and sit in your recliner drinking eggnog.

oldupsman

There are two of us retiring on the same day and neither of us plan on going back for their send off party.

I didn't think they had send off parties anymore. Happy for you toonertoo.
Another gets out alive.

over9five

Staff member
We just had one retire a couple weeks ago. They do get a cake.
Also, I'm sure he told me he used his last 2 sick days, and then they paid him 8 for his last day and he stayed home.