Would anyone go back for Peak?

Would anyone rehire for Peak?

• Total voters

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yes. In the new IBT/UPS pension there are no restrictions on work. None.
in the western states?

i still have to contact them if i want to work . otherwise i have to wait until age 65 to go back to driving and not be penalized.

it doesn't matter to me cause I ain't driving nomo.

twoweeled

Retired earlier this year. Just received a call from my former center wanting to know if I would be a peak hire at top pay, as they are looking for experienced drivers. After the initial shock I politely declined. (LoL) Would you?
I am 100% positive, I will never be receiving that call.

rod

Retired 22 years
This will be my first Christmas in 41 years that I can enjoy. NO way I would go back.

I bought boxes and boxes of X-mas lights on sale for 50 to 75% off the first year I retired. I had planned to really get into the Holiday sprit. The next year we started going to Texas for Christmas every year. 95% of that stuff is still in the original boxes stored in the basement.

gear-guy

I bought boxes and boxes of X-mas lights on sale for 50 to 75% off the first year I retired. I had planned to really get into the Holiday sprit. The next year we started going to Texas for Christmas every year. 95% of that stuff is still in the original boxes stored in the basement.
LOL , We now go to Colorado for Christmas and don't put up anything. Still better than working all night long!

oldupsman

We have recently retired drivers working at peak. They pay them $40/hr (to compensate for no bennies). They only do resis, that they know, and get a helper. Both made it clear that even a whiff of bs and they wouldn't come back.

I'd got to admit that I would consider that arrangement. What, maybe 3 or 4 weeks? Easy money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd got to admit that I would consider that arrangement. What, maybe 3 or 4 weeks? Easy money.

I tried to get a retiree to come back as my helper. Initially offered him an additional $100/week then bumped that up to $150/week. He asked me how much he would make per hour-----$10.20-----and said "thanks, but no thanks".

Thankfully an insider asked me if he could be my helper. Young kid, hard worker. He will be on car with me starting sometime next week.

It did make me feel old when I realized that his father, who also works here, was my helper 10-15 years ago. It might be time to call it quits when you are going through generational helpers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
842ECA5E-0E81-478C-A908-99868DC02498.gif
I tried to get a retiree to come back as my helper. Initially offered him an additional $100/week then bumped that up to $150/week. He asked me how much he would make per hour-----$10.20-----and said "thanks, but no thanks".

Thankfully an insider asked me if he could be my helper. Young kid, hard worker. He will be on car with me starting sometime next week.

It did make me feel old when I realized that his father, who also works here, was my helper 10-15 years ago. It might be time to call it quits when you are going through generational helpers.

SMH!!