Yep. Ground keeps lowering the bar

Fergus Mahoney

There are no background checks done, even at express, anymore. I have done searches of shady employees before and easily found felony crimes that should have prevented employment. But send in the fools that sell the Kool-aid.......

ExizFed

There are no background checks done, even at express, anymore. I have done searches of shady employees before and easily found felony crimes that should have prevented employment. But send in the fools that sell the Kool-aid.......
Another embarrassment for Ground. I know in my area they are still doing background checks. I take it they have done away with it in yours?

Artee

Many people online have the hate for for Fedex and getting screwed with late deliveries and lost packages. But this brings getting screwed to a whole different level.

Working4the1%

So will FedEx or the Contractor pay for this lawsuit. If FedEx continues to pay millions for Contractors.. I could see a rethinking of that relationship

It will be fine

An ambulance chaser will find a reason.
There are reasons to hold employers liable for their employee’s actions, I doubt they work in this case. The rapist wasn’t performing his work duties while he committed the crime. They had to pass a criminal background check to be hired, so it’s not going to fall under negligent hiring. The victims would have to prove some negligence of the employer.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There are reasons to hold employers liable for their employee’s actions, I doubt they work in this case. The rapist wasn’t performing his work duties while he committed the crime. They had to pass a criminal background check to be hired, so it’s not going to fall under negligent hiring. The victims would have to prove some negligence of the employer.
I hope you’re right. Nothing surprises me with these courts anymore though.