You don't HAVE to work

exzackly

I've never seen so many people act as though they are being forced to work at UPS. They act as though they couldn't just walk out the door or not show up. They act as if they will be arrested and in prison if they don't show up. Trust me. No one will come after you and force you to come back to work. No job is worth being that miserable.

GenericUsername

I've never seen so many people act as though they are being forced to work at UPS. They act as though they couldn't just walk out the door or not show up. They act as if they will be arrested and in prison if they don't show up. Trust me. No one will come after you and force you to come back to work. No job is worth being that miserable.
So, who'd you have to help today?

JL 0513

10's millions of people perfectly able to work have recently chosen this path in life. No need to work and the checks keep coming.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Meh most people hate their jobs after they’ve done them long enough.

35years

Gravy route
This is a job most people could love everyday for their career. But with how stupid management is, and how insanely addicted people have gotten to amazon...yeah I'm starting to hate it.
Don't let them ruin it for you.

Ignore the temp employees (management). Go out and enjoy your customers. It is all a mindset. I am smiling everyday.

Amazon just reduces the average box weight.

Great job except in December... with the 9.5 protection.

PPH_over_9000

Go out and enjoy your customers.

It's all love until they "accidentally" let their dogs out the front door and you've still got another 200ft before you get to the truck.

"BE CALM! BE CALM!" the homeowners scream, "They won't bite! Just be calm!"

But most dogs are cool, though. It's the unexpected ones that really get the heart goin'.

35years

Gravy route
It's all love until they "accidentally" let their dogs out the front door and you've still got another 200ft before you get to the truck.

"BE CALM! BE CALM!" the homeowners scream, "They won't bite! Just be calm!"

But most dogs are cool, though. It's the unexpected ones that really get the heart goin'.
Called the sheriff on one, and only one dog owner in 35+ years (I have been bitten 3 times).

That dog (a pit bull) stalked me, hid in the ditch and charged... I barely made it to the truck. I yelled to the owner who ignored me.

When I learned the neighbor who has kids was also charged by the dog, I reported the leash violation.

The next day the irresponsible owner stopped me on the road and called me every name in the book for reporting her dog.

I talked to the deputy sheriff, who I know, after he visited her. He had told the owner he was classifying it as a dangerous animal and it would be put down if one more insident was reported.

Dog has been on a leash ever since.

35years

Gravy route
Other than that one I have become friends with many of my customers. I am invited to their work party's etc.

I know who is related to who, what everyone does for a living, who to use for inexpensive quality plumbing, auto work, remodeling etc.

Florist did my wedding for 1/2 price, found my spiritual director, I keep the shop owners up to date on what is happening in the neighborhood etc.

I feel more a part of the neighborhood than employee of UPS. Could not care less what the boss thinks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Things won't improve if you complain, but complaining is one of the few ways we have to spread the misery back to the people who are causing the problems. It's a natural cycle, no use fighting it.

rickyb

Things won't improve if you complain, but complaining is one of the few ways we have to spread the misery back to the people who are causing the problems. It's a natural cycle, no use fighting it.
actually things do improve if you complain which is why the rich and govt keep lowering peoples expectations if u didnt notice.

My wife disagrees with your sentiment. She says I, in fact, do HAVE to work.

oldupsman

There were 2 things I did every day. I got myself back to the building in one piece
and I got the package car I was driving back to the building in one piece. The rest
of the stuff I just didn't pay attention.

Steamer

This is a job most people could love everyday for their career. But with how stupid management is, and how insanely addicted people have gotten to amazon...yeah I'm starting to hate it.
Dang it, You had to remind me of Amazon. I just ordered a new $46 soldering iron station for $16.39 after all the coupons. My addiction continues.

Prime members only. Amazon is offering a $10 promotional credit with a purchase of a $40+ Amazon Mini Prime Envelope or Prime Day eGift Card with coupon code GIFTFORPD21.

Amazon has the LONOVE 60W Digital Soldering Iron Station Kit for a low $26.39 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "ZXD6D8LY" (Exp Soon). This is originally $46.

711WIeJ+EKS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Est.1998

Dang it, You had to remind me of Amazon. I just ordered a new $46 soldering iron station for $16.39 after all the coupons. My addiction continues.

Prime members only. Amazon is offering a $10 promotional credit with a purchase of a $40+ Amazon Mini Prime Envelope or Prime Day eGift Card with coupon code GIFTFORPD21.

Amazon has the LONOVE 60W Digital Soldering Iron Station Kit for a low $26.39 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "ZXD6D8LY" (Exp Soon). This is originally $46.

View attachment 339939
What are you gonna do with that?