Young Drivers

VTBrown

You're unreal dude maybe that 6th grade education is something to be proud of where you're from but it doesnt do squat for you here....I was explaining how not taking a lunch adds stops to your day and by taking a lunch it would alter the business delivery side of your day....I only spoke of business stops because residental delivery stops never close and can be delivered anytime during the day or evening/night....I never said a word about getting off at 5pm....If you take your lunch during the 4th and 6th hr you cant deliver as many businesses as you can by skipping it and if you cant make all your business stops and miss a few then they would have to lower the business stops on that route...Im not saying screw the company by working slow give an honest days work for an honest days pay and if you cant do it then oh well....Its their problem....

You guys amaze me.....you really do. God...the stupidity that drivels out of most of your keyboards.

I do what is put on the car. It's the same stop count the "bid" driver gets.
When I finish "covering" the route and the "bid" driver comes back? Guess what? He gets the same stop count he always has had.

No one has done any extra work. If you can't comprehend what I'm saying....perhaps you need to question your own education. I don't know where all of these mystery stops are coming from...I never see them.

Guys WANT me to cover their routes....you know why? Because I actually deliver everything. I don't NSN or NI the chasers, the customers find me pleasant and I pick up after myself.

I don't think you have any real clue as to what an honest days work translates into at our salary vs other manual labor jobs.

upsgrunt

VT, I just wonder what makes you think you are always right and others, even those who have done this job 20 YEARS longer than you are wrong? Experience is a strong education that you obviously just don't understand. While you think us old timers are simply on here to gripe, why don't YOU read and understand that we are sometimes trying to get you to see a point that you won't even open your eyes to see.
Getting home to your family is great; donating money to UPS to do so is not. Whatever priority you have is yours and I doubt that it is any different from 98% of the others here in this forum. What I'm saying is eventually you will get older and to the point where you get tired and say it's not worth it because all I do when I get home is crash. I can't tell you when it will happen, but I promise you it will. Just try this for a couple days: take your lunch and see what happens to your dispatch. I was amazed that it goes up quite a bit while the over/under numbers stay about the same. Don't know why, but it did for me, and I have a little more energy in the tank at night and towards the end of the week.
I know you think you are smarter and better than any of us here, so take it or leave it- I do know for a fact that your attitude WILL change in the future if you stay at UPS. When I talk about this job being a marathon, not a sprint, I am referring the the longevity of the job, not the pace in which you do it. As far as be an idiot, I have a degree from a major midwestern University in the Big Ten. If that makes me an idiot then tell me what makes you a founding member of MENSA.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
I hear you brother. There's a lot of old timers that use this forum to bash younger guys like myself. It gets old. I will probably just have to add a forum to my web site so that the newer drivers don't have to deal with the older guys, set in their ways.

We need more guys like you in UPS........hell, we need more guys like you in Iraq right now.

VTBrown

Why are you arguing then? You've got this wonderful education from a prestigious (well not really - not any better then any small state school) college. Yet you have failed to read or comprehend anything in this entire thread.

When or If my body breaks down - I'll bid feeders or go management.

upsgrunt

Why are you arguing then? You've got this wonderful education from a prestigious (well not really - not any better then any small state school) college. Yet you have failed to read or comprehend anything in this entire thread.

I give up--I'm just so sorry that the future of UPS and my pension is in your hands. Try soaking your head in Palmolive- it might soften up slightly.:surprised:

upsgrunt

Sorry, I have to know one thing-what makes you so smart and superior to everyone else? What makes you think that management would even have you and your closed mind anyway, and why is it that you attack any response to your posts with demeaning statements and accusations that we are all "dorks", "idiots", "slow", and that "if we would just read the post" we could clearly see that you are right and we are wrong, but you refuse to follow your own advice. You clearly think that you are the heartbeat of UPS and I just want to know why and how you did it.

Griff

Last time you made a similar statement it was "I'll bid feeders or 22.3", my my my how your plans have changed. Next time you make the statement the feeder bit will be removed from consideration just like 22.3. Why would your body break down though, you and 1989 could do this job for 35yrs easy, it's a cake job. Keep on "burning" those routes up along with your contractual entitlements. Run, Forrest, run!

dirty moose

Had you taken your lunch those extra stops would have had to be put on someone else because you cant be 2 places at once and we all know you DO NOT miss pickups...

in a perfect world, they would take stops off your car.
in the ups world they stay on and you will be out later!
we all know this.

upsgrunt

Still waiting for an answer from VT, the package messiah. I guess he is the one who doesn't read posts. I have another question for the almighty as well: You say you are a cover driver, but post on this site at times like 3 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. during the week. What kind of cover driver are you exactly?

Pickups

Know Before You Go.
Still waiting for an answer from VT, the package messiah. I guess he is the one who doesn't read posts. I have another question for the almighty as well: You say you are a cover driver, but post on this site at times like 3 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. during the week. What kind of cover driver are you exactly?

Man, you guys have way too much time on your hands. How sad will it be, when I'm retired, that I have nothing better to do with my life than come to this site all the time to disect what others have posted. Get over it already.

VTBrown

Well grunt......I was out several days with the flu.
We also regularly can get days off if we want them.

Sorry if your situation is not the same.

Later I'll read what I've missed and you'll get your replies.

upsgrunt

Man, you guys have way too much time on your hands. How sad will it be, when I'm retired, that I have nothing better to do with my life than come to this site all the time to disect what others have posted. Get over it already.

Number 1; I'm not retired.
Number 2; I come on here to LEARN and share if I can
Number 3; I don't come on here to advertise a phony service that is most
likely to get myself into hot water with UPS's legal department for
infringement rights.
Number 4; Did I pull your chain? I asked another member some questions & am simply waiting on a reply. Your rep, or lack of, speaks for
itself. Apparently, not many people are enthused, amused, or
impressed about what you have to say.

upsgrunt

Well grunt......I was out several days with the flu.
We also regularly can get days off if we want them.

Sorry if your situation is not the same.

Later I'll read what I've missed and you'll get your replies.

Where I'm from several days out with the flu requires a doctor's note, but I imagine that is just ignorant also.

DS

Fenderbender
Apparently you have too much time on your hands as well.
You are in your prime and you are wasting it here in the browncafe.
Surely you have better things to do.

S

Scoobypanda

I have a son nearing 18 years old and I have similar conversations with him.We have all been where the youngsters are now, and most of us have learned a lot along the way. Don't ever think you are different from the oldtimers, over the last 100 years an awful lot of men and women have come and gone and every one of us has been a newby. But you newbies have never been vets, so please don't be so self-absorbed as to think you know better. 99 out of 100 of you newbies will look back on your early years and say " if I only knew then what I know now" and many of you will try to advise the newbies down the road and the vast majority of them will ignore your advice......and so on....and so on.....it's the circle of life.