You're joking right?

bellesotico

BOXstar
So I was out running air this morning and it was so nice out that I kept the doors open.

I pulled up to my 3rd stop and some guy standing outside asks me "Hey..where did your doors go?" I'm like.."HUH?" So then he comes up and says "do you guys take your doors off for the summer and then put them back on when it gets cold?"

I just laughed and said.."yeah".
Uhhhhh derrrrrrrr.....:knockedout:

Anyone else get any weird/dumb/annoying questions?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I see it every day. My favorite story was at a residential stop, signature required. Nobody was home so I posted my note the first day. Returned the second day to find a nasty note stating that this person worked and couldn't be home to sign. Continued on and on about what did we think as a company to require them to be home sign, blah blah blah, yatta yatta yatta. At the end of the note in big bold letters was " I will be home at 6:15pm". So I took out my pen and in big bold letters of my own I wrote...

SO WILL I !!!

browndevil

Great story Bubblehead. I had something similar happen to me when a customer needed to be home to sign they wrote " I can't be home I am trying to run a business" I wrote back "so am I":happy2:

H

hseofpayne

So I was out running air this morning and it was so nice out that I kept the doors open.

I pulled up to my 3rd stop and some guy standing outside asks me "Hey..where did your doors go?" I'm like.."HUH?" So then he comes up and says "do you guys take your doors off for the summer and then put them back on when it gets cold?"

I just laughed and said.."yeah".
Uhhhhh derrrrrrrr.....:knockedout:

Anyone else get any weird/dumb/annoying questions?

Had a dude ask me if we had layaway, I said, "yeah, if you don't give me the money, I'm gonna LAY this box in the back of the truck and drive AWAY!!!"

Lobofan5

At the mall during Christmas time.
Standing with a co worker.
Both in full uniform.
Both standing DIRECTLY in front of a 1000.

Lady came up to us...

You know it....

Wait for it....

Wait for it.........

"Do you guys work for UPS?"

drewed

Shankman
At the mall during Christmas time.
Standing with a co worker.
Both in full uniform.
Both standing DIRECTLY in front of a 1000.

Lady came up to us...

You know it....

Wait for it....

And theres your sign!

Wait for it.........

"Do you guys work for UPS?"

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Just to go back to the original post.Lots of people think we don't have doors on the trucks.Have been hearing that for years.Just a side note regarding no doors.I work in Brooklyn and many times have to park in a bus stop.You can't believe how many people think I am the bus and attempt to get on.You can't make this stuff up.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A guy pulled up next to me at a red light, frantically rolling down his window and waving. As the light turned green and my attention was divided between scanning the intersection and trying to figure out what the hell he wanted, I heard him holler out...
"They've got ya pullin' one of those pup trailers, eh?"

I guess I had forgotten what that thing was that was hooked to the back of the truck...:whiteflag:

lost

I am not a driver, but I went to wal mart right after work. I still had my sup shirt you know the Burgundy one with the UPS shield on it, Some woman asked me to get her a bottle of perfume out for her. I realize they are collard shirts but wal mart has blue shirts and does not heve UPS on them!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I don't know if you guys notice but FEDEX express doesn't drive with the driver's door open no matter how hot. Spoke to the driver one day he says they aren't allowed to, weird...!

brownrodster

Had a guy chase me down during peak once trying to get a package I just attempted to deliver. However, he had a fed ex infonotice. DOH.

Had a guy pull up next to me at an intersection and comment to me that my tail lights were bright! He had a beer in his hand...

bellesotico

BOXstar
A few of my favorites:

"Hey! Don't I need to sign something?" as I'm driving away...

or when I hand a customer their pkg.."Whats in it?"

And of course when you hand the diad to a customer for their signature they look at the stylus all confused "I think you gave me the wrong pen..this one doesn't write.."

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
A few of my favorites:

"Hey! Don't I need to sign something?" as I'm driving away...

or when I hand a customer their pkg.."Whats in it?"

And of course when you hand the diad to a customer for their signature they look at the stylus all confused "I think you gave me the wrong pen..this one doesn't write.."

LOL

or when you hand them the DIAD to sign and they immediately turn it over because they think it is upside down.