$15 an hour minimum wage.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
center manager was under assumption you were a ft driver working driver hours at driver pay... Which is like at least 70to 90 k. You work like 3.5 hours a day at pt pay. Is that what you think a center manager makes???
3.5 hours a day? I'd love to work 17.5 hours a week and get these benefits. Then I'd be able to get a full time job in addition to my work at UPS instead of just a second P/T job.

Truth is I work about 30 hours a week at UPS, close to 60 hours a week during peak season with doubles and weekend shifts. Seems to me like you don't know jack when it comes to part timers.

3.5 hours a day... LMFAO.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not everyone can take that route. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE. That doesn't mean they should live in poverty in this country. And it won't hurt anyone to bring them out of it.
You don't understand. We couldn't care less about poor people here because we've worked oh so hard for our money by driving a truck...(Sorry does that oversimplify your jobs, kind of like someone who just "flips burgers".)

The poor are poor because they are lazy and stupid and that is no one's fault but their own. A broken educational system you say?, Nonsense! The children with deadbeat parents are just lazy and they deserve to live in poverty, and raise more future children in poverty, because they are lazy and stupid, it serves them right...... God bless America.

I'd weep for the future, if I didn't know the generation of people who hold this kind of attitude towards the poor will soon die off. Good riddance. The times they are a changing.

Last edited:

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
You don't understand. We couldn't care less about poor people here because we've worked oh so hard for our money by driving a truck...(Sorry does that oversimplify your jobs, kind of like someone who just "flips burgers".)

The poor are poor because they are lazy and stupid and that is no one's fault but their own. A broken educational system you say?, Nonsense! The children with deadbeat parents are just lazy and they deserve to live in poverty, and raise more future children in poverty, because they are lazy and stupid, it serves them right...... God bless America.

I'd weep for the future, if I didn't know the generation of people who hold this kind of attitude towards the poor will soon die off. Good riddance. The times they are a changing.
Jesus said to give all your money and possessions to the poor. I imagine you have savings and a 401k while people are going hungry in this country. You selfish selfish person! YOU don't want to help the poor you want the government to do it by taking from the rich. You shouldn't punish someone for learning how to become wealthy rather teach the poor to become more wealthy themselves. The silly liberal arguments that you can eliminate poverty by giving poor people stuff has more people on welfare and food stamps than ever before. This country is encouraging people to remain in poverty and killing their initiative.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Deadbeat parents who live off entitlements rather than unleash their human potential and contribute to society. Liberal policies working their magic.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
3.5 hours a day? I'd love to work 17.5 hours a week and get these benefits. Then I'd be able to get a full time job in addition to my work at UPS instead of just a second P/T job.

Truth is I work about 30 hours a week at UPS, close to 60 hours a week during peak season with doubles and weekend shifts. Seems to me like you don't know jack when it comes to part timers.

3.5 hours a day... LMFAO.
Thank you! I was just talking about this with a driver friend yesterday...i've broke over 30 hours for the past 3 weeks...I usually average between 23-27. I can't remember the last time I only worked a 3.5 hour shift! As much as peak sucks....I love a 50hour check with 25 hours OT..lol
I will, however, apologize to JohnnyFootball....I didn't realize who you were..I just pegged you as a opinionated newbie :)

TUT

$25 an hour minimum wage?? Well, say good buy to Switzerland if this passes.

Right, panic that people actually get paid a fair wage. Don't applaud such humane treatment. You should have went into management. The Swiss economy has been rolling for quite a while now.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Jesus said to give all your money and possessions to the poor. I imagine you have savings and a 401k while people are going hungry in this country. You selfish selfish person! YOU don't want to help the poor you want the government to do it by taking from the rich. You shouldn't punish someone for learning how to become wealthy rather teach the poor to become more wealthy themselves. The silly liberal arguments that you can eliminate poverty by giving poor people stuff has more people on welfare and food stamps than ever before. This country is encouraging people to remain in poverty and killing their initiative.
Didn't Jesus only tell one individual to do that (the rich young ruler)? I could be wrong but I think Jesus was just pointing out that he was too attached to his riches to be a follower.

oldngray

nowhere special
Didn't Jesus only tell one individual to do that (the rich young ruler)? I could be wrong but I think Jesus was just pointing out that he was too attached to his riches to be a follower.

Correct. Jesus was pointing out it was love of money and not the money itself which was the problem. He recognized that rich man loved money more than anything else which is why he told him to give it away. That was just said to that one rich man (although does also apply to others who love money too much) and not to everyone else. Money itself is not evil and can be used for either good or bad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
YOU don't want to help the poor you want the government to do it by taking from the rich.
No, that's what these corporations want not me.... Fast food companies and places like walmart pay below a living wage and they get away with it because their employees just go on public assistance to make ends meet. Walmart and McDonald's LOVE welfare and foodstamps. What I want is for these people to be paid a living wage and be able to support themselves.

Just look at Walmart's fourth quarter earnings report for last year. They clearly stated their revenue was down because of cuts to food stamp programs that went into effect last November. We are subsidizing corporate profit with taxpayer dollars.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
No, that's what these corporations want not me.... Fast food companies and places like walmart pay below a living wage and they get away with it because their employees just go on public assistance to make ends meet. Walmart and McDonald's LOVE welfare and foodstamps. What I want is for these people to be paid a living wage and be able to support themselves.

Just look at Walmart's fourth quarter earnings report for last year. They clearly stated their revenue was down because of cuts to food stamp programs that went into effect last November. We are subsidizing corporate profit with taxpayer dollars.
Theses corporations aren't charities they exist to make profits by selling goods and services to consumers. The reason you say they don't provide a living wage is because prices have gone up. If you force these businesses to raise the minimum wage too high some will shut down and others will raise their prices. They aren't taking advantage of anyone they are paying what the market will bear.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Correct. Jesus was pointing out it was love of money and not the money itself which was the problem. He recognized that rich man loved money more than anything else which is why he told him to give it away. That was just said to that one rich man (although does also apply to others who love money too much) and not to everyone else. Money itself is not evil and can be used for either good or bad.
Most of us in this country are rich to many of the worlds population. I see nothing wrong with working hard, saving, investing, cresting and inventing in order to become prosperous. Jealously of success won't help the poor. This entitlement mindset that grips this country is creating more poverty and will eventually bankrupt us.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Most of us in this country are rich to many of the worlds population. I see nothing wrong with working hard, saving, investing, cresting and inventing in order to become prosperous. Jealously of success won't help the poor. This entitlement mindset that grips this country is creating more poverty and will eventually bankrupt us.
You keep beating up those that are jealous of the successful. That straw man is down for the count.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Medicare and Social Security are the main drivers but all entitlements contribute. But let me guess, you'll say wrong again and point to national defense?
Bingo, and yes military spending is third behind Medicare and Social Security. Neither party is going to touch any of those things, so they distract people by talking about welfare and food stamps. A living wage would not put most people out of business, certainly not Walmart and Mcdonalds. What it would do is get a lot of people off of welfare and SNAP.