Abortion

rod

Retired 22 years
n
Religion, politics and abortion are three subjects guaranteed to start a fight. Just playing devils advocate here---I'm under the belief that there is an abundance of kids that don't get adopted now-------who the hell is going to take care of 1,370,000 more? Don't answer -I know. I don't see the pro-lifers beating down the doors of the adoption places to take on 1-2 or a dozen more kids. And another thing---why is it its always some nut case guy who is all concerned and blows up an abortion clinic? Guys should stay out of it---this is a womens decision to make.

I really expected to be ran out of town on a rail for what I posted. Gee--it got 2 "agrees" and one "winner". There is hope for America after all.

10 point

Religion, politics and abortion are three subjects guaranteed to start a fight. Just playing devils advocate here---I'm under the belief that there is an abundance of kids that don't get adopted now-------who the hell is going to take care of 1,370,000 more? Don't answer -I know. I don't see the pro-lifers beating down the doors of the adoption places to take on 1-2 or a dozen more kids. And another thing---why is it its always some nut case guy who is all concerned and blows up an abortion clinic? Guys should stay out of it---this is a womens decision to make.
A friend of mine was/is going thru the adoption process. When he told me how much it cost I could hardly believe it.

Is there a route to adoption that is affordable?

10 point

Surrogacy?
I'm talking about children that are alive now and adoptable.
If the adoption process was extremely affordable you'd see a tremendous jump in adoptions. From what I'm witnessing, to adopt A child is out of reach for many families. Maybe the affordable route is not common knowledge? This is the biggest problem I've been told.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If the adoption process was extremely affordable you'd see a tremendous jump in adoptions. From what I'm witnessing, to adopt A child is out of reach for many families. Maybe the affordable route is not common knowledge? This is the biggest problem I've been told.
I have family who went the foster care route, eventually they were able to adopt them (brother and sister). I'm sure it was a long process though.

10 point

I have family who went the foster care route, eventually they were able to adopt them (brother and sister). I'm sure it was a long process though.
What a great thing to do.
I had a friend that he and his wife flew to Russia to adopt two siblings because it took seemingly forever here in the US.

I can't imagine being a young child and thinking that no one wanted me. That's a sad way to start your self image.

moreluck

golden ticket member
159636_600.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I know I family that has adopted 3 foster kids. They also have 2 of their own. Four of the 5 are under 8 years old. They basically don't have a pot to pee in (husband works 2 crappy jobs-wife babysits others) but there is a lot of love in the family. They seem to always be on Facebook asking for someone to donate something to them. You would think being able to provide a financially stable home situation would be a requirement to adopt but apparently its not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are not talking about going down to the pound and getting a new puppy. We are talking about adopting a human baby so, yes, the process should be extensive and expensive.

I still contend that surrogacy or IVF are the way to go.