Before it's too late!

Irishman Collins

All good points on breaks, can we get back to electing a new IBT president in 2016, a lot of names have been thrown out, who is best for Ups members? Junior is definitely starting to worry about his legacy. Teamster Magazine can only spin so much. Teamsters. org can only spin so much? We as working teamsters feel the rug being pulled out from under us. I jave noticed Hoffa loyalists that I have to deal with in hearings and meetings, seem exhausted with trying to praise a concessinary contract

Sent using BrownCafe App
I think Bugs Bunny would be a better choice than Jimmy or anyone in his crew at this moment. At least we would know that Bugs would take great pleasure in annoying and harassing U.P.S.

Irishman Collins

It's an argument the company uses.

"Why create more full-time inside jobs, we can't get people who want to work 8 now."

My only point being, there are people who want a full-time inside job....

and watch (some) current ones, walk out every chance they get.

It's tough being me.... :biggrin:

-Bug-
Ok, I get it, but frankly I could care less what the company wants. Full time jobs must continue to be a top priority for our Union negotiators now and in the future and the company can shove it where the sun doesn't shine if they don't like it.

710 steward

Ok, I get it, but frankly I could care less what the company wants. Full time jobs must continue to be a top priority for our Union negotiators now and in the future and the company can shove it where the sun doesn't shine if they don't like it.

You are absolutely correct. That's always the goal. The problem is junior let UPS out of Central States so it doesn't matter how many jobs could be created it will never affect the fund in a positive way. Right now I'd take the kid asking "would you like fries with that?" over him and Hall every time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This guy illustrates the mentality you are describing.

Yep.

If the members were more involved.... your point would be moot.

I could care less what the company wants. Full time jobs must continue to be a top priority for our Union negotiators now and in the future and the company can shove it where the sun doesn't shine if they don't like it.

Ok, I get it.

It takes more than talk (on BrownCafe) to affect a change.

What have you done today, to involve your fellow co-workers ?

Just asking....

-Bug-

upschuck

What we need is to make sure the ones already negotiated are still manned, and being created, but local only has the locals number, and does not access to national numbers, or so they say.

10 point

What we need is to make sure the ones already negotiated are still manned, and being created, but local only has the locals number, and does not access to national numbers, or so they say.
National numbers? Talking about 22-3 job number per job?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Accountability.

And verifiable maintenance.... of current jobs.

Yep.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was referring to the International, not the locals.
So was I.
If the jobs can be moved to....wherever, who should shoulder that burden of tracking their movement?
Also, Article 22 states that no full time job can be replaced by part time labor.
Did the work move with the job in your local?

upschuck

So was I.
If the jobs can be moved to....wherever, who should shoulder that burden of tracking their movement?
Also, Article 22 states that no full time job can be replaced by part time labor.
Did the work move with the job in your local?
The Internationals, silly.

It was a couple of air driver combo jobs, that the air driver part was "not needed" and believe not replaced with PT, so they moved the 22.3 to a different building out of local.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Internationals, silly.

It was a couple of air driver combo jobs, that the air driver part was "not needed" and believe not replaced with PT, so they moved the 22.3 to a different building out of local.

It's 2015 Chuck, if each job has a number, why not have a transparent computerized system that any member can see?
Each local rosters the job #'s in their local.

A second year computer student could write that program.

Irishman Collins

Yep.

If the members were more involved.... your point would be moot.

Ok, I get it.

It takes more than talk (on BrownCafe) to affect a change.

What have you done today, to involve your fellow co-workers ?

Just asking....

-Bug-
I have done quite a bit over the years. I am not going to list them because it would reveal my identity. Nice try though, lol. It is important that I remain anonymous on Brown Cafe. In the real world I am active and will remain active for the remainder of my years at U.P.S..

upschuck

It's 2015 Chuck, if each job has a number, why not have a transparent computerized system that any member can see?
Each local rosters the job #'s in their local.

A second year computer student could write that program.
I totally agree. No reason not to have transparency on this issue.