Bloodbath

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I got a feeling it’s gonna be a little longer.
Wah waah
1703655551791.gif

Cheesypurpletees

Let’s hope not but honestly who knows. This year will be quite telling for our future. We can sit here and split hairs over Amazon being our competitor or not but the fact remains, they’re growing while we’re shrinking.
Bargaining Amazon is a top priority for sure, with that said, E-commerce spend is forecasted to triple by 2030. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom if ups is able to continue to capture some of that growth

PreTrippin’

Let’s hope not but honestly who knows. This year will be quite telling for our future. We can sit here and split hairs over Amazon being our competitor or not but the fact remains, they’re growing while we’re shrinking.
How are they growing while we’re shrinking? Honest question not being snarky.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They’ve become the default online platform for e-commerce. The numbers we are now pulling is what we were doing 6-8 years ago. If you were here then you remember the difference in our stop density compared to just two years ago. Route once went out with 300 stops on an average peak day. Now it was a struggle just to reach 200.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hey how did you get :censored2: through the sensors??? And I didn’t see your post but I said the exact same thing. We limit volume and they still have to ship their extra out so it goes fedex or usps. We are just making it so easy for the competition…damn brown.

PreTrippin’

They’ve become the default online platform for e-commerce. The numbers we are now pulling is what we were doing 6-8 years ago. If you were here then you remember the difference in our stop density compared to just two years ago. Route once went out with 300 stops on an average peak day. Now it was a struggle just to reach 200.
Hmm I don’t know. Amazon has been the default online platform for a long time. And delivering is different than selling. My building is… unique, but we’ve added routes and drivers over the last two years. Maybe that’s an isolated thing tho. Not sure about stop density. That seems hard to measure with so many different drivers at different sporh and 9.5 etc.

My guess is that Amazon is going to fizzle out of the delivery side of things. I saw a few Amazon vans in my delivery area for a while. Then one. Then none. Now I see 5 fedex vehicles doing the work of 1 ups driver.

nWo

The day after Christmas is generally pretty light. But yes Amazon is going to continue to eff us. Just like they are effing everybody else.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Hmm I don’t know. Amazon has been the default online platform for a long time. And delivering is different than selling. My building is… unique, but we’ve added routes and drivers over the last two years. Maybe that’s an isolated thing tho. Not sure about stop density. That seems hard to measure with so many different drivers at different sporh and 9.5 etc.

My guess is that Amazon is going to fizzle out of the delivery side of things. I saw a few Amazon vans in my delivery area for a while. Then one. Then none. Now I see 5 fedex vehicles doing the work of 1 ups driver.
I think organization and efficiency is the only thing keeping us up business wise. I live in the boonies and usually have 2 or 3 Amazon vans delivering to my house in a day. Then when you ask the one guy what he’s got he’ll say 80 stops and that he’ll be out all night. Meanwhile I do 225 in one area in 8 hours. UPS owning and controlling everything outright instead of contracting out helps too. However it kills us on pricing. People don’t care about having the same guy everyday, in a nice uniform, in a clean car anymore. They want their stuff and want it now cheaply. Once FedEx and Amazon clean up their dispatching and consolidate it’ll be trouble.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone else get sent home today? We had about 12 seasonals this peak, all let go, will never see them again. All low seniority drivers, sent home. We went from about 60 routes to 25, never seen this before
Why did any drivers go home? Stay, get your eight!

Anthropomorphic Cow

we won’t know how bad this spring is going to be until the end of the month. Today was light because a ton of businesses are closed and we’r
I think organization and efficiency is the only thing keeping us up business wise. I live in the boonies and usually have 2 or 3 Amazon vans delivering to my house in a day. Then when you ask the one guy what he’s got he’ll say 80 stops and that he’ll be out all night. Meanwhile I do 225 in one area in 8 hours. UPS owning and controlling everything outright instead of contracting out helps too. However it kills us on pricing. People don’t care about having the same guy everyday, in a nice uniform, in a clean car anymore. They want their stuff and want it now cheaply. Once FedEx and Amazon clean up their dispatching and consolidate it’ll be trouble.

Just commenting on the pricing line… FedEx is very close and depending on the individual contract with the carrier is frequently more expensive.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Truth is we are from a by gone era, customers no longer care who brings their packages. All they’re focused on is getting their K-Cups as fast and cheap as possible.