Bloodbath

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This will be like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Our peaks keep getting lighter, it’s not just the economy or loss volume because of contract issues. This is a seismic shift in our business model and the impact on it by our largest competitor, Amazon. A lot of layoffs will be permanent. Hell, we had guys laid off right up to November this year. Low seniority drivers might want to think long and hard on where they see themselves 10, 20, or even 30 years out.
I wouldn't say lighter, they have added more drivers and pvds and extra days to get stuff in and out

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Bargaining Amazon is a top priority for sure, with that said, E-commerce spend is forecasted to triple by 2030. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom if ups is able to continue to capture some of that growth
There is enough volume to sustain all 3 companies, not one company can handle it all

some1else

Banned
And how long will your pension stay healthy with less contributions coming in?
I’ve always wondered that is the pension fund like social security where I’m paying for current retires or if contributions cease is there enough in it to pay what is owed? Social paid people out immediately that did not pay in their whole career but the pension fund veryone collecting paid in so if it needs the next generation to keep going where did all the money go?

browned_out

Being number 1 comes with a price tag, it’s extremely expensive to maintain. I believe Carol is content being number 2 or 3 because it takes the pressure off us. We hopefully can concentrate on bringing back lost volume, and pick and choose what we want for future volume. I certainly think that a total restructuring of this company from the top down is overdue, times have changed and our future depends on it.

Faceplanted

Being number 1 comes with a price tag, it’s extremely expensive to maintain. I believe Carol is content being number 2 or 3 because it takes the pressure off us. We hopefully can concentrate on bringing back lost volume, and pick and choose what we want for future volume. I certainly think that a total restructuring of this company from the top down is overdue, times have changed and our future depends on it.
COPE

Crosscutters

This will be like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Our peaks keep getting lighter, it’s not just the economy or loss volume because of contract issues. This is a seismic shift in our business model and the impact on it by our largest competitor, Amazon. A lot of layoffs will be permanent. Hell, we had guys laid off right up to November this year. Low seniority drivers might want to think long and hard on where they see themselves 10, 20, or even 30 years out.
Did you really think the massive Covid increase in packages would stay ? With Amazon opening more warehouses and stores reopened I think we’re doing pretty well here actually.

Crosscutters

They’ve become the default online platform for e-commerce. The numbers we are now pulling is what we were doing 6-8 years ago. If you were here then you remember the difference in our stop density compared to just two years ago. Route once went out with 300 stops on an average peak day. Now it was a struggle just to reach 200.
You also have 6 day delivery now compared to then.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
IMG_1450.gif

Did you really think the massive Covid increase in packages would stay ? With Amazon opening more warehouses and stores reopened I think we’re doing pretty well here actually.
Guys in my building who had been DQ’d 2 or 3 times previously qualified during Covid. They were suddenly good enough to do the job. Truth is the company overhired during Covid so now they gotta trim the fat. Starting with the seasonal help. I can get done faster without a helper. He seemed like a nice guy and all but sucks to suck.