Bring on the concessions!!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I started as a casual driver in the 80's. Took 10 yrs for full time. They don't lose like a casual ever. Improve them selves if they want to make a living at ups. Otherwise leave

By The Book

No, that's total :bsbullf:.
The Union negotiators rely on the locals to feed them needs and demands.
The Union local rely on the local members to feed them needs and demands.
The meeting attendees, aka drivers, are the ones that feed these needs and demands to their local.
Maybe the dialogue would be different if the part timers voted more than the drivers. The fact that the part timers don't vote is in no way the drivers fault. They need to accept the outcome of their inaction.

By The Book

Who sits across from ups at the negotiation table? Thanks to the union most part timers don't even understand what the union is, how and when to vote. This benefits the union as it keeps a revolving door of workers, it benefits ups as it keeps pension contributions coming in for pt. It's all done on purpose with back door deals

Also let me know when Canadians can complain to the nlrb about union issues....
So, you agree with my post then?, because yours sounds like the Union is to blame for part timers not voting.

Faceplanted

So, you agree with my post then?, because yours sounds like the Union is to blame for part timers not voting.
I believe that the union side of at the bargaining table need to do the right thing

How has part time pay went from more than double minimum wage to minimum wage.

This has to do with the people actually doing the negotiating in my opinion.

I'm so tired of the part timers don't vote excuse. Most at my hub don't stay for more than a few months and they honestly don't even have a clue how the union works so let's stop blaming them.

Part timers voted when they made a decent living wage and stayed at ups for years, now they get paid minimum wage and leave in months. This is directly related and the union has no problems because they can get us full time voters more at contract time hanks to stealing from part timers. It's discussing and like I said this is known by management and th teamsters higher ups.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I believe that the union side of at the bargaining table need to do the right thing

I'm so tired of the part timers don't vote excuse. Most at my hub don't stay for more than a few months and they honestly don't even have a clue how the union works so let's stop blaming them.

Part timers voted when they made a decent living wage and stayed at ups for years, now they get paid minimum wage and leave in months. This is directly related and the union has no problems because they can get us full time voters more at contract time hanks to stealing from part timers. It's discussing and like I said this is known by management and th teamsters higher ups.
Just out of curiosity, what percentage of our jobs is part time? My local voted 19% turnout (embarrassing). Can't be all part timers to blame.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Serious question how much more money goes towards pension and healthcare for those part timers now?

Faceplanted

When the part timers actually vote for exactly who is on the contract negotiation committee we can blame them. Until then it's all irrelevant.

But guess what..... that's not how it works and our union guys don't look out for all brothers, only full time brother when it comes time to talk part time pay and benefits.

Brownslave688

Visious cycle. If they made better pay they could stay longer, get active, and vote.
All I'm saying is it isn't ups fault or the union fault that these kids can't see the value of their TRUE compensation.

Do I think they deserve a few bucks more yes but let's not act like they are grossly under compensated.

Brownslave688

The bigger problem I have is PT progression. The raises are actually LESS than if they just got the general wage increases.

The point is to reward someone for sticking around. Not punish them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"Maybe it's not bigotry but it is morally reprehensible and drivers don't care about the part-timers."
I just wish they wouldn't put their lunch trash and pee bottles in my letter totes.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Tell that to the part timers making 8.50hr in the late 80s living large with their own apt and cars, I have spoken to many og's in my hub and all said the same. Part timers are not sitting across from the bargaining table talking wages. H20 is, and they obviously could care less. You union guys are so out of touch is comical
How about getting full time?

Faceplanted

How about getting full time?
it personally took me 8 years to get full time, most of those spent in school, slinging weed, or getting up shaving and waiting by the phone every morning to see if they needed me to come in and cover.

If I could do it all over again I would not have done it