Bring Your Wife/Significant Other On Car Day

I'm sure UPS would never approve this but what do guys think of a day in which your could bring your wife/significant other on car with you for a day to see what we do and how hard we work.

I don't think people really understand how mentally and physically tiring this job is and the rate of speed and efficiency with which we have to move to get things done.

I think it would be cool for my long time girlfriend to see exactly what I do as a package car driver so she understands why I am so drained when I get home. Don't get me wrong she knows it is tough as I'm sure your gf's/wives do but I think they would be amazed if they saw it for a day.

Sent using BrownCafe App
She'd quit by eleven.

iowa boy

My wife has issues getting her nails dirty in the garden, I could only imagine how bad she would be on car for a day sitting in a dirty, dusty jump seat with no cushion and all the dust blowing in from the gravel roads.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm sure my wife would have no problem doing this job. She's tougher than most men. I think she mostly understands it as well since we have been together for just a few month shy of how long I have been at UPS. So she's been here to hear it and see it all.

Re-Raise

I bought a new truck the other day with separate temperature controls for the driver side and the passenger side. She still reaches over and changes the temperature on my side... I love the woman but I couldn't work with her.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would take my dog, shes rough and tumble, and theres not a dog with a brain that would challenge her,
I would not take my husband, he would be beating someones aarse every time I walked off a stop, Actually he would never make it out of the building. And I would be picking him up from the lockup.

My wife would be overanalyzing everything and remarking out loud why someone would be so incompetent as to run a business this way.

And she'd be wondering why there'd be a shovel in the back without a delivery label on it

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Wtf? Really? Are you that p whipped at home that you need to validate your work? Sheesh. Do this instead: work your ass off, bring home your fat paycheck everyweek and lay some wood- like a man. If that's not enough, sorry bruh-you're just a welcome mat and the #2 batter.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Exactly why would you want to be stuck up each others :censored2: 24-7. Both parties need their freedom sometimes. But always remember a happy wife is a happy home lol.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Exactly why would you want to be stuck up each others :censored2: 24-7. Both parties need their freedom sometimes. But always remember a happy wife is a happy home lol.
That's not the OP's point. The idea is to get a driver's spouse to see firsthand how hard they work everyday...and all the BS they have to wade through. No outsiders really understand how it is to work for the devil...

Packmule

I'm sure UPS would never approve this but what do guys think of a day in which your could bring your wife/significant other on car with you for a day to see what we do and how hard we work.

I don't think people really understand how mentally and physically tiring this job is and the rate of speed and efficiency with which we have to move to get things done.

I think it would be cool for my long time girlfriend to see exactly what I do as a package car driver so she understands why I am so drained when I get home. Don't get me wrong she knows it is tough as I'm sure your gf's/wives do but I think they would be amazed if they saw it for a day.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Both my kids ran Christmas helper one year. Son with me, daughter with another driver. Neither could hardly get out of bed in the morning.
Try that with the sig/other next peak.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My wife jumped for me one peak when she was between jobs, we had a great time. She's a pretty serious athlete and had no issue running off stops and working hard. When it was all over she said she understood now why I didn't always feel like going hiking on Saturday morning, and I've never heard a peep since about me just wanting to relax all weekend.