Can't do anything right

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Wrong. "Immediately" means right away. "Timely manner" is totally subjective and implies something be done within a reasonable amount of time.

My opinion: the driver called in the helpers condition injury in a timely manner. When the helper's condition began to deteriorate and show signs of an injury, he immediately put an end to her day and informed the center team.

Any attempt at disciplinary action to the driver, needs to be squashed and rebuked immediately. The center manager can go fork himself along with any others b!tches who look too deep into this incident, trying to blame this on the driver. Driver did his best in harsh conditions.

Thank you! I only had her best interest in mind. I didn't give 2 :censored2:s about the 100 stops I had left at 6pm. I didn't care that she repeatedly said she didn't want to stop working and that she felt fine. She said she was perfectly fine but the last thing I wanted for her was to risk another fall in conditions that were quickly deteriorating.

I am seriously thinking about filing a harassment grievance for the ridiculous phone call from the center manager.

MethodsMan

Your on car not letting Tim know in a timely manner about the fall is not your problem. I don't forsee any discipline coming your way as a result of your helpers fall, but as others have written, make sure you have your steward present Monday morning.
How were you to know she suffered a concussion? Maybe before peak next year all drivers should be trained in concussion protocol with the appropriate acronym to help us remember it.
Look at the bright side. You won't have to load your own package car Monday morning, as they should run your satellite out of the center.
See you on route. Is that pontoon still on the water?:balloon:

Ask
Rub
Squeeze
Interrogate
Notify supervisor

bumped

Wait and see what he has to say tomorrow morning. Hopefully he has taken the weekend to think about what happened and the way that you handled the situation.

The center manager won't make him come to the building off of his satellite route to tell him he did the right thing.

blkmamba

I would agree if the employee in question were a regular employee. We are talking about a seasonal helper here. Let's say she did know what the injury reporting procedures were---what do you think the first thing the member of mgt who takes the call is going to say? "Let me talk to the driver." Like it or not, drivers are responsible for their helpers.

Technically, wouldn't be HR and managements responsibility to make sure each employee knows the injury reporting procedures. Safety 101. if you do get hurt what should you do?

I think the driver made the correct call, they are not a doctor and cannot diagnose anything, if a person's says they are fine, why should a driver think any different?

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Update: center manager just sent me a text saying I can start at my satellite location tomorrow at my normal start time and he will call me when he has all the information.. RIDICULOUS!

oldngray

nowhere special
Update: center manager just sent me a text saying I can start at my satellite location tomorrow at my normal start time and he will call me when he has all the information.. RIDICULOUS!

He was just making noises with his mouth before his brain started functioning before. After he thought about it he realized you did everything you could have reasonably done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...which tells me he was blindsided by the phone call and reacted without thinking...

If it were me I would report to the satellite center but would put 0800 for my start time.

over9five

Staff member
You know what? Forget that. You show up at the center with your shop steward and tell that maroon to his face exactly what you think of that phone call after it happened. He owes you a very big APOLOGY, and I think you should get it before you start work Monday.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, coming from you, that must be a joke!

Well, that was my thought, too. Just a few hours ago in another thread he was saying how all the drivers in his center were going to follow the contract to the letter, and shove it up the new CMs butt.

That didn't last long.....

NOW the contract is just words on a piece of paper. I think Upstate should leave the "following the contract to the letter" stuff to the real men. If there are any in the BOG.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, that was my thought, too. Just a few hours ago in another thread he was saying how all the drivers in his center were going to follow the contract to the letter, and shove it up the new CMs butt.

That didn't last long.....

NOW the contract is just words on a piece of paper. I think Upstate should leave the "following the contract to the letter" stuff to the real men. If there are any in the BOG.
I have a feeling that Upstate is the exception rather than the rule in the BOG....