Car and Bike Talk

clean hairy

Anyone in the DFW area, I know of a weekly Friday evening cruise takes place near Arlington.
PM if interested, might be able to get a few from BC to meet up or just car junkies on our own......

upsgrunt

IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG

This belongs to a guy on my route- it's the neatest car I've ever seen close, and the stories with it are incredible! I've got a video of it starting; I'll try again to get it posted.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I delivered to a pro football player's house yesterday and he had a Dodge Challenger or Charger in the driveway with the ugliest paint job I've ever seen. It was matte black that had a lot of sparkle in it, but it felt very rough. Is that a new fad in paint?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok just discovered this thread. Nice to see some upsers are into cars! My center has zero car people so it makes for boring conversation. Here's my ride. 86 regal t type. Same as the GN. I'm willing to bet it would take 99% of any of y'all's rides on here.View attachment 71216
At one time we had his & hers Buick Regals. We both had Benzes and moved onto something more American. I had a green\blue one and he had a gold one. We loved our Buicks.....'86 or '87

moreluck

golden ticket member
I delivered to a pro football player's house yesterday and he had a Dodge Challenger or Charger in the driveway with the ugliest paint job I've ever seen. It was matte black that had a lot of sparkle in it, but it felt very rough. Is that a new fad in paint?
I've seen that both in some parking lots and on Counting Cars......I think it's ugly too....but it looks 'gangsta' to some.

clean hairy

It is I believe known as dipping your car.
Check it out on Youtube, as I do not wish to be promoting any product.
Supposedly, you can change the color of your car for far less than a paint job, and peel it off when you want to go back to factory color with no damage to the paint.
I personally have not used it, as I think the results look worse than an Early Scheib paint job when they were $29.95 back in the early 70's

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok just discovered this thread. Nice to see some upsers are into cars! My center has zero car people so it makes for boring conversation. Here's my ride. 86 regal t type. Same as the GN. I'm willing to bet it would take 99% of any of y'all's rides on here.View attachment 71216

I had an 86 Regal T-Type. Nice car and sportier than a regular Regal. Not even close to as fast as a Grand National though.