Congrats to this UPS driver

Faceplanted

How the hell do people get in so much debt. Especially living in smaller town with a low cost of living.

So worried about keeping up a persona and buying :censored2: they don't need.

I start going crazy when I creep up around even 10k of cc debt and buckle down for a few months. Idk how people can get into the 50-60k range. It's just crazy. I give Uncle Sam a huge intrest free lain ever year, and my wife has her job take our more than she needs to in withholdings but come every feb we have a huge 7-10k check to reset. People like David Ramsey would say this is a stupid system (intrest free gov loan in the same of too much withholdings) it works for me and I usually only have 2-3k of cc debt at any moment in time unless something crazy comes up.

friend David Ramsey. Use common sense, stop trying to keep up with the jones and plan for retirement, with what we make we have no real excuses to be in a crazy amount of debt.

Faceplanted

The old Dave would have justifiably gone off.

The new Dave will walk away.
I hope you are talking about my comment. Cause I would love to hear the other side.

If you don't live in south Florida, ny city or California there is no reason a person making 100k a year should have this much debt. Sorry, I don't feel bad for anybody in that situation.

Medical bills is diff, but that's about the only instance I can think of.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll be flying to Europe next year in business/first to stay in London for 6 days at the Hyatt Churchhill then 7 days to tour Ireland and stay in a couple castles along the way. Wife has the whole thing planned out, the flight alone is worth 14k, the Hyatt we're staying is at the club level is $650 a night. The hotels we're going to stay at in Ireland, barring the castle stays are $200 a night.

Everything I just mentioned will be paid with Chase Ultimate Reward points I've earned though sign ups and everyday spend/catagory spend over the past 2 years.

The only time I've paid interest on a credit card was waaaay back when I didn't plan and had limited choices. So for about 17 years now I haven't paid a dime in interest to a credit card. I pay my credit cards off weekly and don't use my debit card at all.

Dave Ramsey helps those who lack self control or are deeply in debt and need a way out. When he gets a call about those that PIF (pay in full) on credit cards he always says "I haven't met a millionaire who made is money on points" or "why play with snakes when you can just use your debit card, it has the same protections".

Much like alcoholics need to stay away from alcohol, financially irresponsible people need to stay away from credit cards. Dave considers everyone is a possible alcoholic and treats them as such.

Faceplanted

I'll be flying to Europe next year in business/first to stay in London for 6 days at the Hyatt Churchhill then 7 days to tour Ireland and stay in a couple castles along the way. Wife has the whole thing planned out, the flight alone is worth 14k, the Hyatt we're staying is at the club level is $650 a night. The hotels we're going to stay at in Ireland, barring the castle stays are $200 a night.

Everything I just mentioned will be paid with Chase Ultimate Reward points I've earned though sign ups and everyday spend/catagory spend over the past 2 years.

The only time I've paid interest on a credit card was waaaay back when I didn't plan and had limited choices. So for about 17 years now I haven't paid a dime in interest to a credit card. I pay my credit cards off weekly and don't use my debit card at all.

Dave Ramsey helps those who lack self control or are deeply in debt and need a way out. When he gets a call about those that PIF (pay in full) on credit cards he always says "I haven't met a millionaire who made is money on points" or "why play with snakes when you can just use your debit card, it has the same protections".

Much like alcoholics need to stay away from alcohol, financially irresponsible people need to stay away from credit cards. Dave considers everyone is a possible alcoholic and treats them as such.
I finially got an Amex like real bosses do. For somebody who travels as me and my wife do often, the perks are awesome.

Point cards and Amex charge cards give you tons of free :censored2:. I agree 100%

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I finially got an Amex like real bosses do. For somebody who travels as me and my wife do often, the perks are awesome.

Point cards and Amex charge cards give you tons of free :censored2:. I agree 100%
Take a look at the Amex offers you can tie to your cards if you haven't. Things like $5 off $25 at BP credits they had last month up to 3 times. It was basically 20% off gas if you filled right to the $25 mark. They have another offer running now that's $10 off $30 at Carrabba's Grill. You can buy the gift cards there and use them at Outback Steakhouse.

Overpaid Union Thug

Take a look at the Amex offers you can tie to your cards if you haven't. Things like $5 off $25 at BP credits they had last month up to 3 times. It was basically 20% off gas if you filled right to the $25 mark. They have another offer running now that's $10 off $30 at Carrabba's Grill. You can buy the gift cards there and use them at Outback Steakhouse.
Have you taken a look at the new Chase Sapphire Reserve?

rod

Retired 22 years
We live on 2 credit cards-- Visa for air miles and a Costco Visa---------------------BUT--they are paid off automatically every month. I haven't paid one dime in credit card interest in 45 years.