Customers wanting to open packages before signing.

BrownBrokeDown

UPS doesn't recognize tape that is labeled that way....

just as they don't recognize "arrow" stickers, "fragile" stickers, "do not stack" stickers
UPS doesnt have to recognize it as UPS isnt involved in it. The supplier says we had a label for the receiver to check receiver didnt check how do we know they aren't lying. They dont give a :censored2: about UPS policies. i have been in warehouseing for a over decade longer than working at UPS it was after i started at UPS that i learned that the receiver is not supposed to open the box and was totally shocked to hear it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ok listen, you guys dont obviously dont understand/have been driving at UPS driving to long. I see if from both sides (per my companies rules as we resale a lot of product) some companies use the signature as proof it was delivered in good order and it is on the customer to prove otherwise. The corporation goes ahead and pays the invoice. The little man that signed for it get wrote up/terminated if the cost is enough and the higher ups then institute a policy of check before signing. But they choose to stay with the same vendor because they can get the product cheaper with that vendor than someone else. the guy that you are delivering to has no say in a lot of instances and higherups only care about the $'s on a sheet. Its also the pot calling the kettle black when UPS has the same policy and it is on the shipper to prove it was shipped in good order and packed like it was 15th century pottery from the ming dynasty and even then ups will deny any and all damage claims unless it was caused by getting wet.

Just gotta go off topic briefly to say that in your quote at the bottom, it should be you're not your

Turdferguson

Just a turd
UPS doesnt have to recognize it as UPS isnt involved in it. The supplier says we had a label for the receiver to check receiver didnt check how do we know they aren't lying. They dont give a :censored2: about UPS policies. i have been in warehouseing for a over decade longer than working at UPS it was after i started at UPS that i learned that the receiver is not supposed to open the box and was totally shocked to hear it.

If UPS is delivering it they are involved

Rack em

Made the Podium
Probably a crapload of typos and bad punctuation. been a bad day for full time job certainty. Just found out we are being bought out.
Talking about this quote "
A person's worth and integrity is not based on their income. $100,000/yr doesnt mean your not a selfish, self-righteous d!ck."
And who is being bought out by who?

BrownBrokeDown

not sure what my quote has to do with me explaining to the drivers why some of box opening issues happen and i dont make 100000 with both jobs combined. also, its my division of a multinational company being sold to the top company in the US in the market my division competed with.

upschuck

you don't but they say by not marking as damaged it was received in good order. it is on the customer to prove otherwise. upper management says "pay we cant do anything about it, BRING THE HAMMER DOWN ON THAT POS PEON THAT DIDNT CHECK IT!!!!" and so forth

I have seen it at multiple companies from the receiving end and seen it from more from the shipping end. Its not that uncommon of a policy for companies that dont use insurance but ship items worth more than $100. and there is more than you would think of those as well.
You want UPS to pay for the company's cheapness in properly insuring packages?

BrownBrokeDown

Packages have to be packed properly to be paid on, you order from cut rate companies, you get cut rate service.
proper packaging and ups rules are 2 seperate things. I have looked into the testing required to be automatically paid for damages without the refusals and hassles. its quite frankly ridiculous and too expensive for most companies. basically it needs to be able to be thrown 20 feet land on a corner and not even crease the cardboard.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scare tactic, I've seen a lot of labels on boxes that we do not recognize, ever see "Rush", or "Overnight", or many other labels? you can not open box, but we can mark if box in bad condition.

That is the supplier problem, we still give them damage claim if it is damaged.

How about the shippers who put "Signature Required" stickers on the package without paying for that level of service?

BrownBrokeDown

try one last time. you guys do realize that it is possible the person you are delivering to has a boss in a different state and may not even know where the purchasing department is located? has no control of over the situation. Has to do SOP of the company he is working for even if they dont coincide with UPS's and no im not saying you should ignore UPS's

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The manager of our local SUNY bookstore asks me to note in the remarks any issues with any of the packages that I deliver to him. He say that our notes help the receiver when dealing with the shipper on any packages that may be damaged.

BrownBrokeDown

I thought it had to withstand a four foot fall. Two inches of cushion on all sides and new or like new packaging
thats not all. they do edge pressure tests, corner pressure tests, and lengthwise throws not just drops. basically it was put to me that a 35 lb box needed to be double walled and have the foam insulation for a package of writing pads inside a box to pass.

BrownBrokeDown

The manager of our local SUNY bookstore asks me to note in the remarks any issues with any of the packages that I deliver to him. He say that our notes help the receiver when dealing with the shipper on any packages that may be damaged.
it does and its a huge help. unfortunately many many times its not there.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Ok so lets go over this scenario... There is a $20,000 painting insured for the full amount, packed in a wooden crate with 2+ inches of packing around all sides, AND with shock detectors on all sides of the crate. When the package gets to the receiver, all the shock detectors are red meaning the crate was mishandled... Do you let the receiver open the crate to see if the painting they just spent $20,000+ on is damaged?

This really happened 2 years ago