cut backs cut backs

UPSSOCKS

If you mean cutting start times, that doesn't save anything. We just end up finishing later, load quality suffers more, drivers get sort/load time. Or we just get mad and load slower, i mean safer.

I know adjusting staggers doesn't work. I take it at the end. See the older generation knows better. They give. I cut everyone and let the 15+ employees finish up. The higher senioties give because they know it equals more time for them in the long run.

clueless

While the Salvation Army may be on the low side. I think any of these making more than $200-250K a year is a little too much, particularly if their travel expenses, etc. are paid by the respective charity. I don't believe we pay our politicians this much. Where is the "spirit of sacrifice" from these CEO's?
agreed--it's supposed to be a charity for Heaven's Sake!!! I like the idea of just giving to the local food bank, etc. At least you know where your money is going.

I think most people would be not only surprised, but shocked at the remuneration paid to the CEO's and to administer these non-profits in general. My point was most (not all--the Salvation Army was the exception, not the rule) non-profit 'charities' have what the 'common' person would view as excessive compensation. United Way is one of many and that, sadly, is more the rule than the exception.

reydluap

You know whats a shame. It's poster like UPSSOCKS. I've read threads on here for years and have agreed with some and disagreed with others. But never in my life have I ever had the opinion that I have for this poster. He's just truely a jerk! No nicer way to put it. He needs a dose of the Integrity dude.

UPSSOCKS

he is a part time sup making 20000 a yr and will never get ahead ive been there 25 yrs and he will never make it that long

You bash part time sups but a first year part time sup makes as much as a part time teamster with 10 years seniority. What would you do if your were fresh out of high school. Wait ten years to make 20k or take it at 19 years old and dress nice.

UPSSOCKS

he is a part time sup making 20000 a yr and will never get ahead ive been there 25 yrs and he will never make it that long

By the way if you have been at UPS for 25 years, you would have to be atleast in your forty's. I don't know many 40 year olds that put "lol" in their posts. Your a flaming tool, and probably in your twentys.

UPSSOCKS

You know whats a shame. It's poster like UPSSOCKS. I've read threads on here for years and have agreed with some and disagreed with others. But never in my life have I ever had the opinion that I have for this poster. He's just truely a jerk! No nicer way to put it. He needs a dose of the Integrity dude.

He is so nasty. I hate guys like him. I bet he lays money around his building and hides. As soon as someone picks the cash up he fires them.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
agreed--it's supposed to be a charity for Heaven's Sake!!! I like the idea of just giving to the local food bank, etc. At least you know where your money is going.

I think most people would be not only surprised, but shocked at the remuneration paid to the CEO's and to administer these non-profits in general. My point was most (not all--the Salvation Army was the exception, not the rule) non-profit 'charities' have what the 'common' person would view as excessive compensation. United Way is one of many and that, sadly, is more the rule than the exception.

You know folks, I think it is important to understand that these charity organizations are just as big and complicated as many businesses. They have lots of employees, have complicated missions, and huge budgets for their clients. Rather than concentrating on their CEO salaries, look at the bigger picture of overall administrative costs. What percent of the money collected goes to the clients?

Recently, complaints were made concerning the local UWay CEO making ~130K per year. Well, he has leadership responsibilities for a $30 million organization. He makes a LOT less than the people he deals with at local companies, including UPS. He's making less than a division manager, counting MIP and such.

I've worked with these people, and they do NOT live high on the hog.

Remember that these charities need to compete for talent with private businesses. I am always amazed at the level of talent and commitment that they can attract, for relatively little money.

If you have beefs, sign up to volunteer for the boards of these groups. Then you can have direct information on how they are run and what they are doing. United Way is always looking for more volunteer effort on their Community Investment Board. Step up and help make the funding decisions.

It's easy to snipe from the bushes, and make decisions based on anecdotes. Any organization made up of human beings will make mistakes. But, overall, most non-profits do a fine job of trying to make things better in this world.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader

Believe me your not alone, I'm starting to think UPSSOCKS doesn't even work for UPS and he's on here just to get into arguments. He's not contributing to this forum, he's just writing shock statements to get noticed. UPSSOCKS's replies in this post have angered me and I'm sure numerous others as well.

NHDRVR

Wanna make some money for United Way?

Every year at my building, we ADA (dispose of) a few old package cars. Right now, there are three old non power-steering P-5's and a P-10 that are getting ready to go to the junkyard; they are stripping any useful parts off of them and spraypainting over the UPS logo before they get crushed.

Nothing would make me happier than to be allowed to take a few swings at those pieces of s$%t with a sledgehammer before they get hauled off. I would't hesitate to drop $20 to UW for a dollar a whack. I would even pay an extra $10 to cut the worthless lap belt out, soak it in gas, and set it on fire. Imagine how much $$ we could raise for United Way if all of us were able to give those worthless POS's the love they really deserve.

I would spend a few dollars for that chance...

chopstic

You know folks, I think it is important to understand that these charity organizations are just as big and complicated as many businesses. They have lots of employees, have complicated missions, and huge budgets for their clients. Rather than concentrating on their CEO salaries, look at the bigger picture of overall administrative costs. What percent of the money collected goes to the clients?

Recently, complaints were made concerning the local UWay CEO making ~130K per year. Well, he has leadership responsibilities for a $30 million organization. He makes a LOT less than the people he deals with at local companies, including UPS. He's making less than a division manager, counting MIP and such.

In capitalistic America that is the acceptable practice. The more money you are responsible for, the more you demand in your paycheck. But charity is a vastly different career choice. These are the people who are suppose to inspire us to donate our money to a better cause. And looking at his salary figures, you can see what side of the fence he is on, capitalism vs charity.

His "responsibility" for millions of dollars does not justify such a salary. If that were the case then our soldiers, police officers, fire fighters, etc.. would all be millionaires for they carry much more responsibility than this guy does.

By the way if you have been at UPS for 25 years, you would have to be atleast in your forty's. I don't know many 40 year olds that put "lol" in their posts. Your a flaming tool, and probably in your twentys.
I'm well over forty and I use LOL in my posts, the idea of a forty year old doing that isn't far fetched. You must have very limited contact with people over 25, the average age of a PTer?

Believe me your not alone, I'm starting to think UPSSOCKS doesn't even work for UPS and he's on here just to get into arguments. He's not contributing to this forum, he's just writing shock statements to get noticed. UPSSOCKS's replies in this post have angered me and I'm sure numerous others as well.
Now that you have him figured out, why let him get to you? You should know that the things he claims on here would never fly in a UPS center. If he gets by with as much as a third of what he says it's because he is dealing with PTers with little to no working experience. Here someone would kick his :censored2: and be done with it.

sano

Remember that these charities need to compete for talent with private businesses. I am always amazed at the level of talent and commitment that they can attract, for relatively little money.

Very good point.I would not want to give to an organisation that handled millions of dollars with a part time volunteer ceo.
If working for a charity meant making much less than your counterpart in the private sector how would charities attract the great minds needed to run these complex organisations?