Cut 'em at their throats

BrownTexas

We get trailers full of it everyday. Half of our air is Amazon. Just because your route is that way doesn't mean it isn't like that everywhere.

Any executive that makes a conscious decision to turn away profit earning business should not be running a company. They do not have the shareholders in mind.
I'm just going off of my centers information. Hence the reason I shared on a forum. To get more information for debate.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That's not a bad idea. I honesty just think that by doing nothing we are helping to create our next competition.
Just the shear size of UPS and the name recognition alone, it would take Amazon decades to catch up to us or FedEx for that matter to be considered competition.

BrownTexas

Just the shear size of UPS and the name recognition alone, it would take Amazon decades to catch up to us or FedEx for that matter to be considered competition.
I have 3 decades left at this job. And would like to have a pension after that point. I revert back to my Surepost statement. Amazon has found a way to make it cheaper on them and that was cutting us out and taking the load themselves.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
if they have their stuff. And eventually the means to deliver it all. What keeps them from bleeding over and offering there delivery services to others.
It goes against their business model! The air network they are building now is to bring volume from their distribution centers to central delivery points for induction to the USPS system. Even their ground network is limited. They know to put the infrastructure in place that we or fedex has costs massive money. But if they can minimize costs within so many miles of major metro areas they are going to do it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have 3 decades left at this job. And would like to have a pension after that point. I revert back to my Surepost statement. Amazon has found a way to make it cheaper on them and that was cutting us out and taking the load themselves.
Amazon isn't going to kill your pension, the system is doing that for you.

BrownTexas

It goes against their business model! The air network they are building now is to bring volume from their distribution centers to central delivery points for induction to the USPS system. Even their ground network is limited. They know to put the infrastructure in place that we or fedex has costs massive money. But if they can minimize costs within so many miles of major metro areas they are going to do it.
While we have had some genius come up for access points that is just as big of a waste of time as satelliting routes and the failure known as ORION.

JL 0513

So in the mean time we just keep doing what we are doing and slowly allow them to deliver their own goods and cut us out completely.

It's called the "free" market. While our free enterprise system is severely handicapped by the bureaucracy of big government, companies are still allowed to grow.

If Amazon somehow made a deal to merge with FedEx, there's nothing UPS could really do about it. They would then expand themselves to the point of being the exclusive carrier and UPS and USPS would be screwed.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I hear what you are saying but remember UPS and it's pensions were around long before Amazon and they will be around long after Amazon and whomever comes up along the way. You should be worrying about your pension at each new contract. It's your colleagues now and in the future you have to worry about.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wonder if Amazon can really continue to grow or if their peak is approaching or past. I am starting to read on other forums and FB that more and more people are not renewing Prime. Too many instances of waiting over a week for an item.

I still see plenty of Amazon on the routes I cover and expect to see plenty of it at peak. The route that I am covering this week is mostly rural and I would bet that even the NDA savers are money losers. We don't make money on single package resi stops, needs to be 2-3 packages to make money on a resi stop.

rod

Retired 22 years
A
I wonder if Amazon can really continue to grow or if their peak is approaching or past. I am starting to read on other forums and FB that more and more people are not renewing Prime. Too many instances of waiting over a week for an item.

I still see plenty of Amazon on the routes I cover and expect to see plenty of it at peak. The route that I am covering this week is mostly rural and I would bet that even the NDA savers are money losers. We don't make money on single package resi stops, needs to be 2-3 packages to make money on a resi stop.

Amazon is failing--Google is falling apart--Facebook is losing the younger crowd-- Youtube is boring--Stupid Videos gave up----I've read it all on the internet so it must be true.

Well the part about Stupid Videos is anyway

Indecisi0n

So we should give up the revenue because they're making a business decision? What do you tell the drivers who are laid off because we lose the account? Oh well they were going to be done with us in 5 years anyways.
Honestly we barely make anything off of amazon with the large discount we give them.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
While we have had some genius come up for access points that is just as big of a waste of time as satelliting routes and the failure known as ORION.
Leave my satellite route out of it! I usually only see a member of my management team two or three times a year. Don't have to shave, wear UPS socks or regurgitate the DOK.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I think UPS should tell Amazon, we want exclusive rights for 10 years or deliver your own crap. All or nothing. We are allowing them to slowly vamp up their own deliver system.
I don't know about that, but playing the peak season card might help?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Are you really concerned about an Amazon deliver driver? Around here, I see them driving on the wrong side of the road, wrong way up one ways, leaving packages at the wrong address and in the flower bed. If all the crap UPS preaches to us about being accident free and injury free really matters, then they will be a disaster in no time.

Are you really concerned about an Amazon deliver driver? Around here, I see them driving on the wrong side of the road, wrong way up one ways, leaving packages at the wrong address and in the flower bed. If all the crap UPS preaches to us about being accident free and injury free really matters, then they will be a disaster in no time.
UPS drivers or Amazon drivers?