Dave Ramsey on ups strike

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
As I was growing up my parents lived and taught me exactly what Dave Ramsey does. This was way before there was a Dave Ramsey. When I first heard Dave I thought “this guy stole my dad’s ideals”. My Dad was a mailman. Mom never worked. They never had a car payment (never) they paid cash. They was debt free at 40 yrs old. Dad retired at 55. He is 86 now so he has enjoyed 31 yrs of retirement with mom. Fast forward to me…. I followed the same lifestyle. My wife didn’t work. I paid cash for all but my first car. I was debt free at 39 1/2 (had to beat dad). After 7 yrs I went back into debt to buy a second home that I paid off in 2 1/2 yrs so at that point I was 49 and debt free again with 2 homes paid for. Owner finance the 1st home. Retire at 57 yrs old. I thank my parents for showing me a way to live that most don’t know.

RTS313

No wonder I clash with you guys. You guys are anti-Christians. Because if you were Christian, you would seek to handle your finances the way The Bible teaches, or at least recognize the truth when you hear it... You bunch of heathens, shame on you. But anyway he said strike payments for 3 months?! More like one week.
IMG_1322.jpeg

I GOT ONE MORE

Dave Ramsey, a Christian radio host and personal finance guru, faces a $150 million lawsuit filed by some listeners of his show who allege they were defrauded by a timeshare exit company that advertised on his program.
Nice….hey if he did, then he should pay.
But your smear has nothing to do with the OP.

A lawsuit search for anything would likely lead to results. People sue for anything and everything these days.
I trip over a lamp cord in the middle of the night while burglarizing your house, I can sue you.

Brownwind

Wow, I somewhat followed Ramsey’s baby steps over the years.
I have zero debt, none.
No mortgage
No car payments
No credit card debt
And plenty of cash to pay cash for anything I want.

You can bang on the guy all you want, but there is an indescribable feeling of not having any debt, regardless of how you get there.
I don’t usually agree with you but it’s a good feeling not carrying heavy debt. Definitely a certain freedom that comes with it.

BigBrownboxx

I was listening to the Ramey show today, and a wife of ups driver called and asked Dave Ramsey on how to prepare financially for a possible strike and he was 100% sure that the strike won’t happen and in case the strike happens, then ups will never be the same .
Do you have the link for the video ?

clean hairy

He tells folks to sell their car and buy a $1,000 car.
I want to know where these $1,000 cars are!
I will buy a bunch and make some serious $$$ off them!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
He tells folks to sell their car and buy a $1,000 car.
I want to know where these $1,000 cars are!
I will buy a bunch and make some serious $$$ off them!

Ramsey is still living in a time before Bidenomics helped us all out. That $1000 car he is talking about is a $10,000 car now. Hopefully he will catch up soon and adjust his talks to todays Biden’s world.