DIAD V Revealed

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Hey Diz, how about making some skins for the DIAD V?
DiadSkins2.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Awesome skins Diz. Maybe we can convince the powers that be to desogn us some. I'll take the Florida and the Dalmation. I'd also carry the Swiss Army one. Let's see if you can come up with one for Klein.

Big Babooba

I'm curious to know how robust these will be, last week i used my Diad to hit my starter motor in a bid not to have a road call and to hammer in a pin to hold my door handle on.
Out here, our mechanics belong to the International Association of Machinists. We have a gentleman's agreement - Machinists don't deliver packages and Teamsters don't fix trucks.

NHDRVR

Yeah, operating any DIAD with 'chicklet' buttons is hard enough and damned near impossible with warm gloves on.

Just Lurking

DiadDude,

How feasible would it be add the the ability to flag packages that you scan not in your EDD.

For example, your pre-loader cross loads a RDR stop between their two cars. When you scan the mis-loaded package it would flag "This package not in your EDD. Continue Y/N?" I know that you are to read every label but I see this no different than scanning a wrong address for "Address does not match. Continue Y/N?" prompt.

Am I kinda making my self clear?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DiadDude,

How feasible would it be add the the ability to flag packages that you scan not in your EDD.

For example, your pre-loader cross loads a RDR stop between their two cars. When you scan the mis-loaded package it would flag "This package not in your EDD. Continue Y/N?" I know that you are to read every label but I see this no different than scanning a wrong address for "Address does not match. Continue Y/N?" prompt.

Am I kinda making my self clear?

Yes but your request would be redundant. Both statements basically say the same thing, that the address on the pkg you are scanning does not match the address of the active stop.

Just Lurking

Upstate

if you scan package from another loop (mis-laod) it just adds it to the active stop. EDD only keeps track of packages that are contained in your DIAD.

Try scanning a package from your truck and then scan a package from any other truck in the AM. It will just added to your stop.

So its not redundant.