Does UPS care at all about employee morale?

iowa boy

And I thought I instructed you to address me as Sir.....

Just remember Socks,

Respect is earned, not given. Especially by me.

When you start addressing me as "Mr.", I shall be just as cordial to you and address you as "Mr." also.

The only person in my life that has earned the title of "Sir" is my father, and you definitely are NOT my father.

Re-Raise

here : to that $17 hr, add almost $9.00 for health and dental bennies = $26, then add vacation, stat holidays, optional days, wcb premiums, another $6.00 or more = $32.00
Add to that the pension plan.

Now, you need more fleet (more drivers = more trucks), another huge cost.
more trucks = more maintance workers
more trucks = added insurance and registration costs
and lastly more trucks and drivers will also likely add to more accidents.

So, yes, very much cheaper to pay OT, on limited equipment and staff.

What if they lay off a seniority driver 2 days a week to cut a route. They don't lose any benefits do they?

UPSSOCKS

Just remember Socks,

Respect is earned, not given. Especially by me.

When you start addressing me as "Mr.", I shall be just as cordial to you and address you as "Mr." also.

The only person in my life that has earned the title of "Sir" is my father, and you definitely are NOT my father.

I might be your father...... Never know, I got around in my day..........

iowa boy

I might be your father...... Never know, I got around in my day..........

Now I know you are lying.

My father taught me about having respect for myself and others. You do not know the meaning of respecting yourself or others.

This also tells me you have a massive inferiority complex and must act like "billy bad a s s" on this forum to make yourself feel better.

E

eli1mxm

Please don't pity me..Anyone who works or has worked for UPS knows that Atlanta pulls the strings on the puppets, years before it was Greenwich CT. I personally knew ************if that name rings a a bell. He was our District Mgr before heading to Detroit then on to Corporate in Atlanta. I know I know, you could care less about who I knew but I do know that I am happily retired now going on 3yrs and am glad I do not have to see all the poor mngt decisions that to many make no sense.
If only someone would remember Jim Caseys original thoughts, I know you don't:peaceful:
Milkman I remember He said my greatest asset are my employees.

UPSSOCKS

Now I know you are lying.

My father taught me about having respect for myself and others. You do not know the meaning of respecting yourself or others.

This also tells me you have a massive inferiority complex and must act like "billy bad a s s" on this forum to make yourself feel better.

The only thing I don't respect are 95% of the Teamsters, and Oprah........

iowa boy

The only thing I don't respect are 95% of the Teamsters, and Oprah........

So you have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Teamsters then....am I to guess then that you are scared of the union? Why would that be? You said somewhere else that you drove for less than a year before you went into management, was this because you couldn't do the job or just didn't want to work that hard?

I have two supervisors that couldn't handle the work as Teamsters, so rather than quit, they crossed over the line and went into management.

BTW, I understand the lack of respect for Oprah.

jimstud

Banned
how can you not respect oprah after she called ups drivers the sexiest men out there. i guess that is because we bring her choclates to her.

iowa boy

how can you not respect oprah after she called ups drivers the sexiest men out there. i guess that is because we bring her choclates to her.

Personally, I have never liked Oprah. Too much of a fake for me to put up with on a daily basis.....kinda like that SOCKS guy.

Omega man

The day UPSSOCKS becomes a moderator is the day many of us will gladly leave this forum forever. He will only be left moderating himself.

slantnosechevy

I used to deliver to Oprah's house. I saw her several times usually on her way to her helicopter. She always waved and stopped to see if she could figure out what I was bringing from a distance. She asked where the shorts were on a 30 degree day and laughed. She hated the roads in her rural area and always asked,"how do you deal with these roads out here everyday?" I busted so many shocks in that old Ford 5cube that they just left them off. It rode fine after that. She never did get the county to fix them right so she moved.

bumped

I used to deliver to Oprah's house. I saw her several times usually on her way to her helicopter. She always waved and stopped to see if she could figure out what I was bringing from a distance. She asked where the shorts were on a 30 degree day and laughed. She hated the roads in her rural area and always asked,"how do you deal with these roads out here everyday?" I busted so many shocks in that old Ford 5cube that they just left them off. It rode fine after that. She never did get the county to fix them right so she moved.

Any Christmas tips? maybe a new car or something?