Dont want to quit.

trickpony1

UK Guy-

PLEASE (notice the capital letters) personally go speak to your elected government officials. They may be able to pull some strings.

If you are not acquainted with the inner workings of the American government, state level officials (mayor, city council person, etc.) won't be able to help you.

Find out who your State representative(s) is/are. Find out who your Senator(s) is/are.

Personally go speak to these people. When they ask why you didn't renew your papers simply smile and meekly say, "inadvertance and excusible neglect.". If you can't go (because of work) have your wife go, if she can.

The clock is ticking

david cassin

dublinbrown
ups has a brand new centre in the uk.tamworth is one of the biggest hubs outside the usa.they are currently looking for people if all else fails and you don't stay in the uk...
i wouldn't see a problem transfering across.best of luck:happy2:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UK Guy-

PLEASE (notice the capital letters) personally go speak to your elected government officials. They may be able to pull some strings.

If you are not acquainted with the inner workings of the American government, state level officials (mayor, city council person, etc.) won't be able to help you.

Find out who your up (s) is/are. Find out who your Senator(s) is/are.

Personally go speak to these people. When they ask why you didn't renew your papers simply smile and meekly say, "inadvertance and excusible neglect.". If you can't go (because of work) have your wife go, if she can.

The clock is ticking

We contacted George Runner ( up in sacremento) but have not had a response. we make 3 -5 calls daily.
Sacremento is 900 miles away from us.
I really appriciate the advice , but we`ve done everything we can to overcome this problem from writing letters to governers and city representatives (even to president bush) but I left it to late

trickpony1

We contacted George Runner ( up in sacremento) but have not had a response. we make 3 -5 calls daily.
Sacremento is 900 miles away from us.
I really appriciate the advice , but we`ve done everything we can to overcome this problem from writing letters to governers and city representatives (even to president bush) but I left it to late

Once again, state level officials won't be able to help you.
Federal level officials like your state Senator(s) and House member(s) may be able to help you.
I would try faxing the appropriate people. The mail moves too slow.
Good Luck.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
ups has a brand new centre in the uk.tamworth is one of the biggest hubs outside the usa.they are currently looking for people if all else fails and you don't stay in the uk...
i wouldn't see a problem transfering across.best of luck:happy2:

Thats in staffadshire right ? Thats not to far from Shrewsbury where I would be living. Thanks a lot for the info man.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Federal level officials like your state Senator(s) and House member(s) may be able to help you.
Good Luck.

contacted [SIZE=-1]Senator Tom McClintock and assembly member cameron smyth
our federal level senators. we have sent letters to more than 20 officials. the bottom line is that since 9 11 no one wants to touch this issue I was told off the record that I should not waste my time because it would be "political suicide" to go out on a limb for an immigrant who didnt follow the right proceedures.
[/SIZE]

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Good Luck.

I do appreciate you trying to help me though. sincerely.:happy-very:

filthpig

In 17 years I have never once considered applying for citizenship.
but your saying though, if I filled out some forms and took a test on American history to get my citizenship, I would no longer be taking an Americans job because I would be an american. And although I am the sole provider for my American wife and three American children , an american citizen to lazy to find a job deserves to have my job handed to him because I wasn't born here. Perhaps you should give your job to a native American using your own rationality.
I think jobs should be given to the best applicant , and apparently UPS agrees.
Yes, you would be ok to work here had you done the paperwork. After all, you would be an American. If you do not want to be an American, then hit the bricks (or waves, as the case may be). And when it comes to Native Americans, like other groups who claim to be downtrodden by "the Man", if they wanted to work, they could find it. I will apologize to NO ONE for being an American.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Yes, you would be ok to work here had you done the paperwork. After all, you would be an American. If you do not want to be an American, then hit the bricks (or waves, as the case may be). And when it comes to Native Americans, like other groups who claim to be downtrodden by "the Man", if they wanted to work, they could find it. I will apologize to NO ONE for being an American.

Whatever Idiot. thats just a great Idea, In a different post You are bitching about people on welfare , Well what do you think will happen if I move back to my home country ? Your paycheck and everyone else`s in here will be taxed to pay for my wife and our 3 kids. Thats right 4 more wards of the state. Work hard little piggy my family will need your tax dollars to eat go to school etc. I am not an American and will never be one. I refuse to renounce my citizenship to make you or any one else happy. You make no sense . I could easily lie,go tell some judge that I want to be a yanky doodle dandy like my buddy filthpig and never have to apologise to any one because thats my right as a *** **** American.
Becoming an American Citizen would be way easier for me than all the BS that comes with Alien status. But making life easy and pleasing other people are no reasons to straight out lie about the way I feel and who my aligence is to. I am British, I hold a UK passport and my heart and soul belong to MY COUNTRY not yours. I love this country just as much as you do, I follow the laws, pay my taxes and never take advantage of the system. I also work my arse off every day. When I moved here first I had a job in 4 days after a month my AMERICAN wife found out she was pregnent so I got a second Job then a 3rd because 2 jobs didnt pay enough. Why is it that I can work 3 jobs a total of 82 hours a week after being in the country for less than 5 months yet some people say theres no work to be found ? Do you think that now I`m taking 3 americans jobs ? Idiot. I didnt take anyones job, theres work out there if you get off your ass and look and I dont feel guilty for being a hard worker and having the balls and self pride to PAY for my first sons birth when I was 19 years old, Im pretty sure that 90 percent of American Kids in my position would have gone on welfare because its easier. Dont even try to argue because I see it all the time ! I fail to see why you think I am somehow in dept to this country for letting me stay to support 4 of its citizens. Since the day I got hear Ive worked and supported my wife and children never getting expecting or asking for assistance from the government. We applied for WIC after our second kid. I walked into the office took a look around and walked right back out because I have to much pride. ( wic is a great idea and I`m not bashing anyone who may use it, we do what we have to for our familys ) So we got a smaller appartment to save money. I have never asked for a thing from this country not a thing ! ecxept for the right to live here to provide for my family. Trust me if it wasn't for them I would have left years ago. People like you really **** me off man you have no bloody Idea how this world really works do you ? by signing a peice of paper saying I`m American it would be fine for me to stay. Thats the biggest crock of crap Ive ever heard in my life. Tell me miss Piggy , If the terrorists that flew into the twin towers had got there citizenships would America be at war with its self ? Will you be able to sleep better because theres one less hard working Limey here to steel good american jobs.
I'm more all American than 90 percent of American Citizens.
On a positive note though, the UK is 5000 miles away from Dumb Rednecks like you. choke on some FREEDOM fries Idiot.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

YOU AINT THE MAN BUDDY

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Hey....GLAD to help a friend in need. When that FRIEND admits to taking advantage of the country that has protected him with fair laws and regulation, provided him freedoms not found ANYWHERE else in the world AND molded him into the person he is today, refuses to become a CITIZEN of that country despite the opportunity AND yearns for the OLD COUNTRY, I say its time to go back to the Old Country. And there's nothing wrong with that. I saw a number once of the people that come over here from Europe and decide they don't like and return to Europe. Its not a bad thing. Just lose the attitude. -Rocky[/quote]

And while Im venting thanks to filthpigs moronic last post lets get a couple of thing straight with this post. You already took back the "taking advantage" comment , thanks , but "protected me with fair laws and freedoms not found anywhere" this is not the only free world buddy ! and its not fair either especialy when your not a citizen. I`ll tell you something else Rocky, those Laws and regulations didnt help my wifes Mother very much did they. This great country that keeps closing schools and ignores the fact that 14 year old kids are running round shooting old women outside their own homes. This great country that is prosicuting my wife because our kids missed more than 8 days of school last semesta , I guess having your grandmother shot 6 times point blank in the face by an AMERICAN citizen is no excuse for the school to lose money ! just like having your mother in law murdered your wife having a nervous break down your oldest kid dropping from a straight A student to a D- your 8 year old in counceling 3 times a week and wetting the bed nightly and your youngest too afraid to be seperated from her parents because she thinks they will be murdered and waking up screaming every night is no excuse to forget to fill out your immigration paperwork ....
Screw you Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
rocky now your helping me I wouldnt have posted that last comment man My apologies dude I`m just pissed off. Its to to late to delete it.

Got your PM.

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_nationality_law

Dual nationality and dual citizenship

Since the British Nationality Act of 1948, there is in general no restriction, in United Kingdom law, on a British national being a citizen of another country as well. So, if a British national acquires another nationality, they will not automatically lose British nationality. Similarly, a person does not need to give up any other nationality when they become British.

Different rules apply in the cases of British protected persons and certain British subjects. A person who is a British subject otherwise than by connection with the Republic of Ireland will lose that status on acquiring any other nationality or citizenship. Similarly, a British protected person will no longer be a British protected person on acquiring any other nationality or citizenship. Although British Overseas citizens are not subject to loss of citizenship, a British Overseas citizen may lose an entitlement to register as a British citizen under s4B of the 1981 Act if he acquires any other citizenship.

Many other countries, however, do not allow dual nationality (see Multiple citizenship). If you have British nationality, and are also a national of a country which does not allow dual nationality, the authorities of that country may either regard you as having lost that nationality or may refuse to recognise your British nationality. If you are a British national, and you acquire the nationality of a country which does not allow dual nationality, you may be required by the other country to renounce (give up) your British nationality in order to retain the other citizenship.

Under international law, the Master Nationality Rule states that a State may not give diplomatic protection to one of its nationals in a country whose citizenship that person also holds. For example, if you have both British and U.S. nationality, a British Consul in the United States cannot give you diplomatic help.

A British person who acquired foreign citizenship by naturalisation before 1949 may have lost British nationality at the time. No specific provisions were made in the 1948 legislation for such former British subjects to acquire or otherwise resume British nationality, and hence such a person would not be a British citizen today. However women who lost British nationality on marriage to a foreign man before 1949 were deemed to have re-acquired British subject status immediately before the coming into force of the 1948 Act.

I don't understand what this stuff means. Do you?

Last edited:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
To everyone here. Sorry. The last few months have been a nightmare for my Family.
Its been one thing after another, the immigration thing is just the tip of the Iceburg.
Im gonna take a valium and go to bed. I feel like taking the whole bottle, but knowing my luck I would just get real sick. My wife hid it from me any way. lol
One way or another We ll figure it out.

helenofcalifornia

Good luck UK Guy. Doesn't look like things are going your way right now. I hope everything works out for your family and you one way or the other. I don't understand narrow minded people like filthpig. Report back tomorrow with results from your daily phone calls or meetings. This whole thread is kinda depressing when one of us is being dealt with like this. My thoughts are with you.

satellitedriver

I am not an American and will never be one.
Becoming an American Citizen would be way easier for me than all the BS that comes with Alien status. But making life easy and pleasing other people are no reasons to straight out lie about the way I feel and who my aligence is to. I am British, I hold a UK passport and my heart and soul belong to MY COUNTRY not yours.
Nice rant,
now, have your body connect with your heart and soul in your motherland.
Then, you might feel complete as a Brit.
How dare you feed on the teat of America and then complain that it is only a piece of paper that is saying you must leave.
The USA welcomes hard working, family building people that are willing to accept the rules that apply to gaining citizenship.
Go to the country you belong to and thrive.
I am being harse, but, if you are not willing to be an American , then stop your complaining.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Nice rant,
now, have your body connect with your heart and soul in your motherland.
Then, you might feel complete as a Brit.
How dare you feed on the teat of America and then complain that it is only a piece of paper that is saying you must leave.
The USA welcomes hard working, family building people that are willing to accept the rules that apply to gaining citizenship.
Go to the country you belong to and thrive.
I am being harse, but, if you are not willing to be an American , then stop your complaining.