Driver follow up

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
895 planned work, 1025 actually doing it(125 over)
204 stops, 232 total stops with PU.
22.5 stops per minute.

getting there

I'm guessing you meant 22.5 stops /hour, not minute lol. 22.5/hour is a rather speedy pace. You should have no problem qualifying with those numbers. After you qualify though, slow down a little. You can still wow them every so often, bit if you do it day in day out, you'll be exhausted

OPTION3

I'm guessing you meant 22.5 stops /hour, not minute lol. 22.5/hour is a rather speedy pace. You should have no problem qualifying with those numbers. After you qualify though, slow down a little. You can still wow them every so often, bit if you do it day in day out, you'll be exhausted
......and you will be EXPECTED to do it........thus receiving more!

tacken

Hello is me again.

so today was my 10th day with 205 stops, I was doing fine by lunch i have 108 stops done and 97 more to go( all DR) but my super came and said on my route is only 170-180 stops to scratch, i finished 175 stops in 8.51 hours of work, the planned day was 7.98 so i was over by .53 clicks(shame on me).

anyways my question is, so far i have got 2 drivers follow ups, i ask my super how to do it, but im guessing he is just busy on other stuff because he always tell me, we will do them one day.

1 driver follow up says " i delivered a pkg for someone who use to live there" and the second say " I delivered the pkg in the front door"

are this bad, or is just regular stuff that happen to all other drivers?
what if the time frame to do this expire and I have not yet do it?

Thanks for all your help[/quoThe more you deliver the more work they will give you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No problem qualifying with those numbers? He's a buck and a quarter over. The only reason they would qualify him with those numbers is that they are in desperate need of drivers. UPS expects scratch or under, know they usually won't get it, but over an hour over won't cut it.

Thebrownstreak

I was told....28ish years ago....its called that because of streets that don’t allow trucks....it’s not a truck its a package car.....Ups can fight the ticket and win
I always found it funny that the no truck sign they put on the side of the road is an old 800 package car.

Siveriano

Im pretty sure i can scratch but the problem, is they are bringing extra packages every day at lunch time and on places i had already been, so i have to drive back to deliver those packages, and also i did notice a big waste of time doing my pickups,

i go to this 1 place and i have 8 pickups there, so 4 are at 1700 and 4 at 1725, and is far from the area Im delivering at the time of PU.

but i wont give up, today one of the old drivers explained how he use to do this route and it really cut at least 20 minutes.

Siveriano

No problem qualifying with those numbers? He's a buck and a quarter over. The only reason they would qualify him with those numbers is that they are in desperate need of drivers. UPS expects scratch or under, know they usually won't get it, but over an hour over won't cut it.

125 clicks over but i have no handtruck (someone stole mine :( ) and we were hold by preload for about 55 clicks. call time was 840 and leave at center at 920

JL 0513

Report from yesterday

895 planned work, 1025 actually doing it(125 over)
204 stops, 232 total stops with PU.
22.5 stops per minute.

getting there :).

also thanks for those who previously told me to hold on to UPS instead of going USPS, doing overtime everyday here is kind of fun.

I'd like to know what kind of route does 204 stops and 28 p/u's in a 9 hour day. That's nuts. How many miles? What's the business/residential ratio?

JL 0513

By the way, how do you sheet a DFU in the board to get credit for it? Driving a year and a half and wasn't even aware of this. Never trained, just like so many other things.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
125 clicks over but i have no handtruck (someone stole mine :( ) and we were hold by preload for about 55 clicks. call time was 840 and leave at center at 920
That puts you about half hour over. Should be good enough. If they bring you in and go over your numbers, make sure you keep track of your AM time and other factors like no hand truck...etc. Keep at it. As time goes by, you usually do better. Until you qualify, know the customers, and spend an hour a day socializing.

Z

ZQXC

Leaving the bldg. w/o a hand truck is a classic rookie mistake.
Just before you close that bulkhead door in the morning and prepare to put :censored2: in seat, verify that you do have a hand truck.

oldngray

nowhere special
By the way, how do you sheet a DFU in the board to get credit for it? Driving a year and a half and wasn't even aware of this. Never trained, just like so many other things.

Enter the whole 1Z tracking number written on the follow up and then mark the package type as a DF.

Z

ZQXC

Now if we could just get them to give us the original tracking # of a package being picked up using a call tag, instead of the highly detailed description (return goods).