Driver follow up

oldngray

nowhere special
Since you're retired you would not know this, but they finally printed the barcode on the DFU sheet.

They did that for a while and always could do it but my center stopped doing that. I don't know if they started doing that again and if they do how long that will last.Printing the barcode always made more sense but when did that matter in the world of UPS?

Z

ZQXC

They did that for a while and always could do it but my center stopped doing that. I don't know if they started doing that again and if they do how long that will last.Printing the barcode always made more sense but when did that matter in the world of UPS?

Roger that.

When you scan a COD pkg. why doesn't the collection amount drop into place? Why does the driver have to manually enter it? One more opportunity to hang the driver.

oldngray

nowhere special
Roger that.

When you scan a COD pkg. why doesn't the collection amount drop into place? Why does the driver have to manually enter it? One more opportunity to hang the driver.

COD's not having amounts embedded in the barcode was always one of those issues that cheesed me off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

COD's not having amounts embedded in the barcode was always one of those issues that cheesed me off.

You would think that with all of our technology that they could put the COD amount and form of payment in the barcode. I don't get a ton of COD's (<5) but it still would be nice if the info auto filled.

upschuck

They have that technology already implemented in Int brokerage fees. No reason not to do that on CODs. Then it wouldn't matter if they obliterated the COD amount or not.

CHALLY9TX

They have that technology already implemented in Int brokerage fees. No reason not to do that on CODs. Then it wouldn't matter if they obliterated the COD amount or not.

Yeah it's sucks when the amount is covered by the PAL or is illegible and you have to call the center to get the cod amount.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah it's sucks when the amount is covered by the PAL or is illegible and you have to call the center to get the cod amount.

If I can't read the COD amount I bring the package back and let the clerk get the amount for me. I don't have time during the day to call the center to get the COD amount.