Driving under influence and permits

UPSGUY72

You need to have a license not permit. I suspect your saying a hardship license that has restrictions (like only for work)? I would suspect the anwser is NO but don't quote me on that.

Billy

Restricted license for work are acceptable if you got a DUI and have been through the SAP. Is that what you're asking about?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
If you have a change in your license, you must inform your management team. Failure to do so is grounds for termination.

sportywolf

Yes i have gone through the sap and everything that i am suppose to, i even go to AA meetings which are very helpful. I am suppose to get a restricted driving permit hopefully sometime in the next two weeks.

Billy

Good luck with your recovery. Keep going to those meetings if they help you. If you're already a driver you'll be fine, but if you're not... sorry

UPSGUY72

Good luck with your recovery. Keep going to those meetings if they help you. If you're already a driver you'll be fine, but if you're not... sorry

If your not a driver your going to have to wait 3 years UPS checks your driving recorded for the past three years.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
In most states, the permit is to go to work and back only, not to drive while at work. Your center team will have the answers for you on that. Most likely, even if your state allows it, UPS wont.

As 88 mentioned, you HAVE to tell your center team about the restrictions and the DUI. Otherwise you will be terminated.

If it is your first violation (assuming it was not in a UPS truck), they should provide inside employment for time, until you get your regular license back.

Cut Klein some slack, He was drinking on the clock, not driving under the influence. While not the brightest bulb in the pack, even I dont think he would be that stupid.

d

ups2000

we have a guy got dui . went to the classes now he can drive a ups truck but he decided not to get one of those things u breath in to drive personal car. not sure how that works. anytime he wants to take dive he has to find ride home.

959Nanook

... Cut Klein some slack, He was drinking on the clock ...

Not so long ago that it used to go on occasionally at our Center after sups went home and drivers returned to the building (wait, that is most every night). Like Klein, they were on their lunch or a break but they had not clocked out yet when they took their first pull...