Edison NJ

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How's a public labor war helping your stock?

Not sure, but you seem really concerned.
Maybe you could pull some strings and get your boys in New Jersey to start playing fair and start abiding by the contract.
You talk to the Edison management team and I'll see what I can do about getting that plane to fly backwards and take it all back.

tieguy

Banned
Not sure, but you seem really concerned.
Maybe you could pull some strings and get your boys in New Jersey to start playing fair and start abiding by the contract.
You talk to the Edison management team and I'll see what I can do about getting that plane to fly backwards and take it all back.

Your guys panicked not mine. Maybe you can talk to your guys. They seem to think the grievance process includes an airplane. :happy-very:

tae111

I love how you say they didn't violate the contract. Why do you think the grievances were filed in the first place. UPS works within the grievance process because they know they can postpone and it goes to the national commitee. Maybe one or two years later it is heard. All the while doing what they know is not right. You say we are sitting around all day plotting against managment. Too get back at them for what? It's not happening. If we were allowed to just do the jobs we were paid to do. You know the one that you signed a contract outlining what the rules of the jobs are. We would have a lot less problems. UPS is the big guy here. They are supposed to set the example. If they can't act with integrety how can you expect their employees to act. The Teamsters actions here are REACTIONS to the willfull disregard of the contract. The managment people are not stupid. They know full well that their actions are not following the agreement That James Maloney and John McDevitt signed. Yet they do it anyway because they can. The fact is that their are managment people who sit around all day and plot how to get around this contract and over on the union.Thats their job and they get paid well to do it.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Greed in an indirect way. Political greed by our politicians being influenced by the greed of special interest groups.

But clearly the housing bubble was caused by excessively loosening up the credit standards. Thus many people got mortgages that could not reasonably afford them. Lending institutions that did not make those loans available were sued or embarassed into submission. Those that over leveraged their buying power with interest only loans or those that bought houses they could not afford were the first to default. Those that lost their jobs after the economic collapse were next.
Nothing reinforces this point more then our government tightening lending requirements this past April. Something that would normally be unthought of during an economic recession when loosening the flow of money is needed to recover.
Yes you are correct. Lending institutions that failed to make loans that people couldn't afford were black-mailed by the Federal Government. It all comes down to personal responsibility. If people had not taken on mortgages they knew they had no hope of repaying, none of this would have happened.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yes you are correct. Lending institutions that failed to make loans that people couldn't afford were black-mailed by the Federal Government. It all comes down to personal responsibility. If people had not taken on mortgages they knew they had no hope of repaying, none of this would have happened.

I disagree.
If you are offered your own home, for less rent then you pay... now who wouldn't take that ?
And, basically promised a profit, by the house being more worth in the future.

Just alone, less mortgage then rent... would get anyone interessted.

The banks put out such a bait, that almost any fish would have biten !

I seen the whole story about that.
Wall Street, Financial and mortgage companies selling housings funds to make a PROFIT... , only problem was, more and more invested into it, and they needed more realestate. So, they started selling to almost anyone.
(all thanks to deregulation from Ronnie R).

It came to a burst.
Anything that is highly invested in, comes to a burst.
Such as tech stocks in 2000.

Gold might be ready to burst soon, too.
All depends on the US dollar now.

If it manages to stay steady, so will gold.
But, if it keeps diving... then the US dollar will be replaced, by probably the Euro for commidity trading (and gold will burst).
If the dollar heads back up to where it was... Gold will also burst.

It's a fragile market out there.

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Originally Posted by Bubblehead
Don't think so, PARTNER!!!

Oh man, stop the madness.

You hate the Company.
You hate Management.
You hate the way things are run.

You will not sell your stock $$ :greedy:.

Typical Teamster, you don't know what you want.:clubbing:

Omega man

It is certainly easier to find a dirty manager than a dirty hourly.

Did you just wake up? Cause you live in one heck of a fantasy world.

In my 28 years every manager I've dealt with but maybe one was dirty in some way, shape or form. The one who tried to act like a human being has been stagnant in his career. Managers routinely have willfully violated our contract, hidden missed pieces, encouraged some drivers to lie for them, encouraged some drivers to violate UPS policy (like driver release) to make them look better, shaved time cards, dishonestly code 5 drivers, falsified training reports and on and on…… So yes, it is very easy to find managers who are dirty. The only option we have to deal with them is leave them alone if they leave us alone or for us to call the 800 number on them when they don’t.

Cezanne

I understand what you are saying, seen alot in my many a year. To give credit in what is happening in today's management ranks is that the incentive to cheat, back stab and lie is slowly being taken away. Gone are the days when current middle management will be retiring millionaires without actually being productive. The golden carrot is being dangled farther and farther away. That is why the ERI was basically taken away for the majority of the workforce, the real downfall was adding the remarks comments and the willingness of it's employees to use it. Just too much negative statements to be putting in a written document.

Remember the banner of the plane was not only about union employees, that is why I see alot of fear in the eyes in ground level management. They know alot more about the going ons and mindset of their current leadership and alot of them are praying for the opportunity to leave.:whiteflag:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You hate the Company.
You hate Management.

Frustrated aren't ya?
That's it?
Thanks for the investment advise.
Thinking my minimal sharehold is worth the loss considering it entitles me to criticize your lack of managerial skills.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You hate the Company.
You hate Management.

I'm typical, so take it easy with that blanket.

You would criticize even if you didn't hold stock.
I won't criticize you, though I would have after your first few posts on Brown Café. You sounded like quite the um, "supe/mngr". Now you sound like a pretty decent person that's at least a little open minded. Honestly dragon, aren't good, honest, fair supes/mngr's few and far between? I don't mean nicey nicey, I mean good, honest, and fair.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Frustrated aren't ya?
That's it?
Thanks for the investment advise.
Thinking my minimal sharehold is worth the loss considering it entitles me to criticize your lack of managerial skills.

That is being awfully gracious of a job description for an entry-level, bargain basement supervisor role. ;/

tieguy

Banned
In my 28 years every manager I've dealt with but maybe one was dirty in some way, shape or form. .

I've often thought bigotry was based on a persons insecurities. The need to find a reason to feel superior to someone.

I think your outlook is really just another form of that mindset. You have a need to feel superior to the guys that are in position to manage your operation so you find reasons to believe they are all dirty.

If you applied the same outlook to the guys and girls you work with you could easily manufacture a reason to believe they are all dirty too.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That is being awfully gracious of a job description for an entry-level, bargain basement supervisor role. ;/

You know Dragon?
I just assumed by his posts that he sat to the right hand of Scott Davis himself.
Your right though if his title is as you say.
Those guys don't manage, they facilitate, and that's a shame.
Contrary to his assessment of me:

1. I don't hate the company, but don't like it's change of direction in recent years. This company still provides me the opportunity to provide my family a good life.

2. I don't hate management, at least not the ones I know first hand. I do hate the fact that the ones I know aren't afforded the latitude to make crucial front line decisions.

3. The only one he got right is I definitely do not like the way things are run. This era of trickle down management stinks.

Does that make me a typical Teamster...probably.
I most assuredly know what I want but am wise enough to know that it will make very little difference at UPS.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I disagree.
If you are offered your own home, for less rent then you pay... now who wouldn't take that ?
And, basically promised a profit, by the house being more worth in the future.

Just alone, less mortgage then rent... would get anyone interessted.

The banks put out such a bait, that almost any fish would have biten !

I seen the whole story about that.
Wall Street, Financial and mortgage companies selling housings funds to make a PROFIT... , only problem was, more and more invested into it, and they needed more realestate. So, they started selling to almost anyone.
(all thanks to deregulation from Ronnie R).

It came to a burst.
Anything that is highly invested in, comes to a burst.
Such as tech stocks in 2000.

Gold might be ready to burst soon, too.
All depends on the US dollar now.

If it manages to stay steady, so will gold.
But, if it keeps diving... then the US dollar will be replaced, by probably the Euro for commidity trading (and gold will burst).
If the dollar heads back up to where it was... Gold will also burst.

It's a fragile market out there.
Well there are many sides to any issue. I can see your point of view. With then Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's positive views, the ever rising stock markets, and the innovative no-down, interest only loans; it was near impossible for anyone to resist. And most who really studied the fine print figured they could sell their homes for a good profit before the loans readjusted.

By the way, there is a big move underway to replace the dollar as the currency of record in the oil market. Possibly by mid 2010 oil will no longer be traded in US dollars but in Euros.

Things are fragile!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
HTML:
1. I don't hate the company, but don't like it's change of direction in recent years. This company still provides me the opportunity to provide my family a good life.

2. I don't hate management, at least not the ones I know first hand. I do hate the fact that the ones I know aren't afforded the latitude to make crucial front line decisions.

3. The only one he got right is I definitely do not like the way things are run. This era of trickle down management stinks.

Does that make me a typical Teamster...probably. 
I most assuredly know what I want but am wise enough to know that it will make very little difference at UPS.

Bubblehead I agree on all 4 points. Insightful and thought provoking reply to my post. :whiteflag::whiteflag: