bye bye Lawnside NJ

ManInBrown

MEANJ day sort ain’t going anywhere. It’s located within 2 miles of one railroad and 4 miles of another one. Many of those loads have to be processed on the day sort and the trains come between 10 and12 and barely get back to get processed in time on the day sort. If they start bringing those loads to Bayonne getting stuck in traffic , it won’t work.
Not what I heard. If the processing is that tight maybe you’re right. There are traffic issues.

Last edited:
MEANJ day sort ain’t going anywhere. It’s located within 2 miles of one railroad and 4 miles of another one. Many of those loads have to be processed on the day sort and the trains come between 10 and12 and barely get back to get processed in time on the day sort. If they start bringing those loads to Bayonne getting stuck in traffic , it won’t work.
The company does not care

this isn't the hurdle you think it is; we can OTR those rails and pick up a day of TNT, or just play shuffles games with the origins until there are no rails

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
No, already that plan was dumped in other NJ locations. They closed shifts but they are back running. The lack of information by the OP tells me this is a big nothing burger.
Is that automated building in bayonne fully running or partially completed?
It’s like an hour and a half away from LAWNJ. Lawnside is a massive building. Bye bye? No way. I don’t believe it, and it’s nowhere near falling apart like meanj. Meanj day sort is definitely gone and soon.

Catstalking you working on that resume? Your days are definitely numbered.
The company plan seems to be automated hubs and I bet the non automated buildings will go away or be local sorts eventually

Supposedly we are getting one of these superhubs here in New England in grafton ma right next to worma...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

The company plan seems to be automated hubs and I bet the non automated buildings will go away or be local sorts eventually

Supposedly we are getting one of these superhubs here in New England in grafton ma right next to worma...
They can’t even properly staff some of these so called automated buildings…. Continually see “ups is hiring” banners outside these locations.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

It's up and running. No sorting, just loaders and unloaders.

ManInBrown

Partially completed as far as inside last time I was there. It’s a massive building and one side is completely operational, the other side was still under construction

ManInBrown

They can’t even properly staff some of these so called automated buildings…. Continually see “ups is hiring” banners outside these locations.
It’s really bottom of the barrel down on their luck people taking these hub jobs. Bused in, we had a PTer in a satellite building living in her car. I read an article a few months ago that projected Amazon would run out of prospective warehouse employees within the next few years. Revolving door.