Edison NJ

tieguy

Banned
Hope this is good enough for you now, tie:

I did see that on the tdu site thus I was looking for that secret inside information that had you posting the following in your previous post

"There are some safety issues , no doubt.

Time or package numbers per hr for loaders.
And actually even some pc drivers.
Leaving home at 7am, returning at 9pm. And all the stress inbetween."

I think you should take this inside info you have and correct TDU which is missing these vital details.

Ah crap don't tell me you were making those things up:peaceful:

p.s. anyone else notice how Klein desperately runs to google for something to post when you challenge him on the details.

island1fox

Hell no on the excellent thing!!!!! I started in 1989 at 8.00 an hour(minimum wage was something like 4.75 an hour) and got full benefits 30 days later. It is unbelievable that 20 years later the starting rate is only .50 higher when you consider how much more expensive everything is now compared to 20 years ago. And no benefits for a year? I can't believe the union has not addressed the pay scale in the contract negotiations. With minimum wage at 7.75 an hour the part time jobs should be starting at at least 13.00. In twenty years the workload hasn't gotten any easier too which makes 8.50 an hour un comprehensible in my opinion. In a better economy UPS will find it wont be able to get anyone to walk thru the door for part time employment and will have to address the "killing yourself in the hub for minimum wage" issue.

Everyone seems to agee that things have changed ----Look at the average drivers wage --over 100,000 !!! I friend you want the partimers to be given more and drivers less --that is what contract negotiations are about. Ups was able to pay the p/t's well over the minimum because they could. With the increase in friend/t wages and demands for combo jobs along with Fed x and other competition ---including the post office protecting their people by unfair competition --one price -one box -anywhere --wake up !!

Lets pay all the partimers thirteen bucks an hour :dead: tomorrow with full benefits immediately !!!!
Sounds like a great idea -----within a matter of a few years ----400,000 more people out of work !!!!!

UPSGUY72

Nobody is ever happy you could give them $100 hr and they still find something to bitch about. As I see it we all make choice in life you either choose to work for UPS and put up with the BS or you can go find another job.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Your right --things have changed ---I started at $2.19 an hour ----today I am a multi ,multi MILLIONAIRE !!!!!
Go cry to someone else ---I have been there and I have done it !!!!!!

Also I AM extremely familiar with the Edison Hub ----I worked Midnites there:wink2: probably before you were born sonny ! In fact I remember when the midnight hub was closed and sent up to Meadowlands.
So I am familiar with Edison ----A country club to other places and buildings I have worked ---try working a hub in LA or in Harlem !!!
Tsk, Tsk, Tsk!

Tie, he doesn't use Google. Don't you know Canada has a vastly superior web search engine. Canaoogle.
Ha Ha Ha!

Everyone seems to agee that things have changed ----Look at the average drivers wage --over 100,000 !!! I friend you want the partimers to be given more and drivers less --that is what contract negotiations are about. Ups was able to pay the p/t's well over the minimum because they could. With the increase in friend/t wages and demands for combo jobs along with Fed x and other competition ---including the post office protecting their people by unfair competition --one price -one box -anywhere --wake up !!

Lets pay all the partimers thirteen bucks an hour :dead: tomorrow with full benefits immediately !!!!
Sounds like a great idea -----within a matter of a few years ----400,000 more people out of work !!!!!
I'm average and I don't make anyways near 100k. I think you're inflating the numbers a bit, fox. I'm not trying to badger you or call you out, I'm just saying that you're getting pretty awnry for someone that supposed to be filled with wisdom and experience.

upsgrunt

I'm average and I don't make anyways near 100k. I think you're inflating the numbers a bit, fox. I'm not trying to badger you or call you out, I'm just saying that you're getting pretty awnry for someone that supposed to be filled with wisdom and experience.[/QUOTE]

I don't make that much either and for a while I thought maybe UPS was holdin out on me or something:happy2:

tae111

The only way I would work for UPS part time is if I was trying to get in full time. Lowes, Home Depot, Fed Ex, Burger King, all pay more than $10 per hour to start and you will never work as hard.

tae111

To make $100000 as a driver you have to work an average of 17 hours overtime a week or 3.4 hours a day. Not too many drivers doing that these days. I would guess that the average driver makes mid 70's

island1fox

To make $100000 as a driver you have to work an average of 17 hours overtime a week or 3.4 hours a day. Not too many drivers doing that these days. I would guess that the average driver makes mid 70's

:wink2:Sorry for any confusion I might have caused.
If we follow all of this thread ----especially when I was referring to the financial health or even the very existence of UPS --you have to talk BOTTOM LINE.
Could you picture the union informing the Company that those "cheap" benefits you provide are no longer needed. There would be no problem of what the "Hourly " wage would be. I assure you --my statement is correct --I was being kind when I even said average. 100,000 is a good number.
An old rule of thumb --Take your hourly wage and divide it by two(just add 50% to your wage} that is what you actually earn per hour !!!!

P/t was always looked upon as a "Gateway" job --something you did until you finished college or went into the military or moved on to whatever you were going to do with your life. It was and always will be a "part time job"
People that consider themselves "career" part-timers --I actually feel sorry for.
For anyone that feels that Burger King or whatever are 'easier" or have better pay and benefits --should go .Spend your life at Jack in the "BOX"
I was never concerned about my starting rate of 2.19 an hour -----I always knew --much bigger and better jobs --my career --was just around the corner !!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

People that consider themselves "career" part-timers --I actually feel sorry for.

I agree with you on this for the most part, the exception being those part-timers hired during the early 80s who are making very close to FT driver wage today. We have a few of these in my center and they make $35-40K working part time.

tieguy

Banned
The only way I would work for UPS part time is if I was trying to get in full time. Lowes, Home Depot, Fed Ex, Burger King, all pay more than $10 per hour to start and you will never work as hard.

Yep, thats why they kind of consider a part time job an entry level job. How's home depot do as far as offering you the chance to bid into full time jobs and what do those jobs pay?

tieguy

Banned
Hope this is good enough for you now, tie:

Plane Buzzes CEO with Message from UPS

November 12, 2009:
Anticipating a visit by CEO Scott Davis, Local 177 booked a plane to circle UPS’s Edison hub with a banner: “UPS Stop Mistreating Your Employees.”
Outside the hub, Local 177 officers distributed leaflets in the parking lot with the same message.

Local 177 members are fed up with contract violations and company stonewalling in the grievance procedure.
The local has thirty arbitrations scheduled on supervisors working violations—each one dealing with serial violations by individual supervisors. Management has dragged the first hearing out for five days with no end in sight. And that’s just on the first arbitration. There are 29 to go!
Production harassment and ridiculous write-up of package drivers is another major issue—just like it is across the country.

As the plane circled the building, top regional management descended on Edison in a panic. (You can see their worried faces and cell phone scramble and worried faces in the video.)
It shouldn’t take an airplane banner to get management’s attention.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101221022852/http://tdu.org/node/3429

How you doing with that inside information Klein.

This opens up a whole new arena in the labor wars. Can yous see the company running a full page ad in usa today or flying some banners everytime there is a scandel in one of the union locals. :peaceful: