Express raises.

Code43

Our station has been in turmoil since I transferred here a few years ago. Can't keep new hires much longer than a month. There's a constant line of tenured couriers leaving. Manager goes in his office and cries on a daily basis. #FedexPride

SmithBarney

I don't think my station has EVER been overstaffed. But we're definitely short on vehicles. Hard to keep vehicles on the road if they're in the body shop. Lol.

All our vehicles are running...I think one is at the shop...
LWOPs and Guarantee pay for all, I've had Guarantee pay for the last 6 weeks straight... I'll take free money, but I'd sure like some OT...

El Morado Diablo

Our station could easily lose 1/3 (or more) of our couriers in the next few months. People are just tired of the never-ending late freight, poor management, constant OLCC's, you name it. Peak could really suck if they all go at the same time. :(

Buhryein

While a few months ago my regional manager was the one to state that they were working on a big plan but saying that this year's raise would be across the board 2 or 3% and they would make an announcement of the plans going forward which will top people out in a set amount of time. "All within the companies ability to do so". Looking at the salary screen it says my next eligible rate change is 10/04/15 and the change percentage is 2%.

Now my senior manager recently said this year's raise plan was the most significant raise he has seen while working for FedEx.

The announcement is supposed to be made this month so we will see...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
While a few months ago my regional manager was the one to state that they were working on a big plan but saying that this year's raise would be across the board 2 or 3% and they would make an announcement of the plans going forward which will top people out in a set amount of time. "All within the companies ability to do so". Looking at the salary screen it says my next eligible rate change is 10/04/15 and the change percentage is 2%.

Now my senior manager recently said this year's raise plan was the most significant raise he has seen while working for FedEx.

The announcement is supposed to be made this month so we will see...
Best advice I can give you is don't get your hopes up. Every Express station is so full of many sad promises.

Buhryein

Oh I'm only counting on the 2% lol

I have a feeling that what the Sr. Manager is seeing is a plan but not one that will take effect this year, and think it's more like what the district manager said and its just an announcement of what's in store for the future. With the disclaimer "within the companies ability to do so" which gives them a loop hole to back out at any time.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to a real raise lol but won't hold my breath.

fedex_rtd

We won't know about our raise for a while. First the Pilots have to get their contract finished...not sure what scraps will be left for us, but the other day at least 10 aircrews called out and really caused a heck of a lot of wrong day lates.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We won't know about our raise for a while. First the Pilots have to get their contract finished...not sure what scraps will be left for us, but the other day at least 10 aircrews called out and really caused a heck of a lot of wrong day lates.

Did they call out today too? Our Memphis flight had no crew this morning.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our station could easily lose 1/3 (or more) of our couriers in the next few months. People are just tired of the never-ending late freight, poor management, constant OLCC's, you name it. Peak could really suck if they all go at the same time. :(

I ran into an RTD doing heavyweight today and we were comparing notes. He says many 10+ year RTDs are jumping ship, which sounds about right compared to what I've been hearing about other locations. They don't have enough people, so they've been doubling-up Heavyweight routes, and forcing FT RTDs to do Heavyweight. Nice...

My station is still down a significant number of couriers, and I know of at least 5 more that have already given notice. I expect 3 or 4 more to just walk-off the job. This is addition to losing several managers. Our new and remaining managers don't look like happy campers, and we're short routes every day on both the AM and the PM. From what people are telling me, this is almost everywhere in the system.

4X10? LOFL.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did they call out today too? Our Memphis flight had no crew this morning.

Sounds like Fred isn't willing to negotiate, so the pilots are showing some leverage. Our pilots are generally a bunch of jerks who live the high life at our expense, but good on them for playing games with Smith.

I never hear a thing about negotiations, their benefit package, or anything else. They're all like clams.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The pilots were making threats last Peak, so negotiations aren't going well. I'd wait until this Peak to do my sick calls if I were flying for The Weasel. Drive the knife in deeper and leverage his ass to the max.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like Fred isn't willing to negotiate, so the pilots are showing some leverage. Our pilots are generally a bunch of jerks who live the high life at our expense, but good on them for playing games with Smith.

I never hear a thing about negotiations, their benefit package, or anything else. They're all like clams.

It's nice to know that SOMEONE has leverage. While I'm not looking forward to the long day tomorrow, I think it's funny as hell.