Express raises.

vantexan

This is where this is all a crock of :censored2:. If ive been here 15 years I should be at top pay, not waiting for some hypothetical asinine scale to put me at the top in 7 years. Making it 22 years before i hit top pay in total. Then next year they will say "profits weren't as good as we thought, but we will do the honorable thing and give you 2%" total crock of krap.
Exactly. I quit in 2013 at $18.17hr after almost 15 years since rehired in 1998. What do they do for all the people who did without but hung in there for a very long time, working side by side with those who were making much more just by virtue of being hired when they topped out faster? We're the ones who sacrificed for this company so that they could build Ground. As a rehire back one year I don't expect much for me, but wouldn't have quit if I hadn't been screwed over and lied to so many times. Would have stayed even with poor pay if they hadn't screwed us on the pension. Anyone knowing the track record of FedEx better hope you make it to top out before they reneg on this new plan. Then you can be one of the ones like the current topped out employees, watching everyone else get screwed like they did to midrange employees since 1998.

Slick silver

If it is true I really don't see many people staying around much longer. The trust between hourly employee and management is completely gone. No matter how much apologize and making up they do, everyone from what I see and hear from here on this board and at my station is pretty much ready to move on. This might get some people to stay, but until Fred and the rest of upper management leaves the trust will never come back.

mcutrono

If it is true I really don't see many people staying around much longer. The trust between hourly employee and management is completely gone. No matter how much apologize and making up they do, everyone from what I see and hear from here on this board and at my station is pretty much ready to move on. This might get some people to stay, but until Fred and the rest of upper management leaves the trust will never come back.

And the
Exactly. I quit in 2013 at $18.17hr after almost 15 years since rehired in 1998. What do they do for all the people who did without but hung in there for a very long time, working side by side with those who were making much more just by virtue of being hired when they topped out faster? We're the ones who sacrificed for this company so that they could build Ground. As a rehire back one year I don't expect much for me, but wouldn't have quit if I hadn't been screwed over and lied to so many times. Would have stayed even with poor pay if they hadn't screwed us on the pension. Anyone knowing the track record of FedEx better hope you make it to top out before they reneg on this new plan. Then you can be one of the ones like the current topped out employees, watching everyone else get screwed like they did to midrange employees since 1998.

And whats even more comical is that you could get rehired at almost your same rate. Im just trying to get the hell out before I end up needing knee surgery and they give my route away after 45 days...

fdxsux

Must be tiring coming up with so many ways to pretend to top us out quickly. Wasn'the the quartile system supposed to do this? And the annual raise instead of the bi-annual? Bunch of bs same as usual. There is no way any new hires are topping out under this plan. I give it a couple years max before they come out with the new plan to reduce top out times.

DontThrowPackages

And the

And whats even more comical is that you could get rehired at almost your same rate. Im just trying to get the hell out before I end up needing knee surgery and they give my route away after 45 days...
Can't believe they are willing to fire an employee from his/her rte for being out past 45 days. Image getting hit by a bicyclist riding on the sideway and receive a broken arm? You've just lost you job because of something you had no control over. Yeah, we should always carry our magical crystal ball with us to know that bike was coming around the corner and onto the sidewalk but sometimes the wife needs it. That's not a good rule.

Buhryein

Must be tiring coming up with so many ways to pretend to top us out quickly. Wasn'the the quartile system supposed to do this? And the annual raise instead of the bi-annual? Bunch of bs same as usual. There is no way any new hires are topping out under this plan. I give it a couple years max before they come out with the new plan to reduce top out times.

I'd like to see it get pass the first year even.

As far as the 45 day thing we were told by HR that the manager has the option to post a rte after 45 days however if you notify them that you will return prior to 90 days they have to let you retain your rte.

Buhryein

So they posted this and said the numbers used aren't finalized but this would help to demonstrate the 10 step system they are planning. So like I said depending on what bracket you fall in you're still likely to top out the same time as a new hire would.

Attachments

• IMAG2352.jpg
    IMAG2352.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 549

It will be fine

So they posted this and said the numbers used aren't finalized but this would help to demonstrate the 10 step system they are planning. So like I said depending on what bracket you fall in you're still likely to top out the same time as a new hire would.
Are they defining anywhere when you are allowed to take another "step?" Or are they just implying it will be annually so they can freeze everyone when they feel like it?

Buhryein

Your step would determine your raise bracket at the regular October raise time, however the note also states that the structure may change annually. So no promises there

slowdriver

So the new guys "top out" in 10 years. Where does that leave drivers that already have 10 years in and still very far from "top range"?
Asked my manager, sounds like whatever step we we fall under after the 6%, we advance to the next one in 2016. So if this year's 6% puts you in or near step 3, you advance to step 4 next year. Kinda sucks for those of us that have been here between 10-15 years, but a lot better than I thought...

Buhryein

By the chart posted if it stays that way I'll be in my 10th year when it goes into effect and ill end up in step two so, a new hire will top out in 10 years I will top out in 9 more years lol. So I'll get to top out one year before the guy that starts next year....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I wish there was a way to find out how much FedEx has saved in the past 7 months on insurance, with many of us canceling procedures or staying away from the doctor, because we can't afford to pay for them.

Code43

This is all too little too late for me. Had a job interview this week. Just waiting to hear back. They could top me out in 5 years and It still wouldn't change my mind about this company. Without some kind of union contract this new "plan" means nothing.

Nolimitz

We had the dog and ponies show this am w SM. What a joke. Multiple questions on future steps. None answered as. No definite plan is in place.... But I figure it will take a full 10 more years for me to top out. After 5.5 years I am barely above current starting wage. What a joke