Express raises.

STFXG

I'm sure many of the pilots aren't happy about the 767 purchases. A lot of retraining will be going on for the Airbus/MD guys as those get phased out.

STFXG

I know nothing about those planes. Why would they be unhappy about them? Less crew?
The planes are great. The retraining will suck. You have to be certified for any aircraft you fly. The 757 and 767 are pretty much interchangeable, but the others will have to spend a lot of time and hours learning the new aircraft.

The ALPA and FedEx have been in negotiations for years. Long story short. FedEx has been avoiding a contract for nearly 5 years with the pilots union.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure many of the pilots aren't happy about the 767 purchases. A lot of retraining will be going on for the Airbus/MD guys as those get phased out.

What? The 767 is a far superior plane to either the Airbus/MD products. This would be like being required to drive a Tesla instead of a 1982 Ford Taurus.

fedex_rtd

Our Sr. Told us they would make the announcement at our station next week.
Yeh...I remember back a decade or so ago, when we went from 2 raises a year to just one. Was told that it would help us top out faster. Total BS, and the company gamed the system. I would challenge any manager to put their words into writing.

Buhryein

So my Sr. Didn't show up today even though he said he would make the announcement today...... A co-worker called his friend in another station in our district they were told raises this October...

Topped out - 3%
Not Topped - 6%

Not huge as they all were stating however better then I expected.

Funny how they say it's a huge raise however weren't the raises up to 6% when we used to have performance based raises?

They must think since we started getting these 0-2-3% raises we must not remember getting better raises so this is "HUGE" (my seniors choice of words when he said he couldn't tell us yet but assured it was "Huge")

MAKAVELI

So my Sr. Didn't show up today even though he said he would make the announcement today...... A co-worker called his friend in another station in our district they were told raises this October...

Topped out - 3%
Not Topped - 6%

Funny how they say it's a huge raise however weren't the raises up to 6% when we used to have performance based raises?

They must think since we started getting these 0-2-3% raises we must not remember getting better raises so this is "HUGE" (my seniors choice of words when he said he couldn't tell us yet but assured it was "Huge")
Was told step raises will start next year but I'll believe that when I see it.

vantexan

Topped out - 3%
Not Topped - 6%

Buhryein

Ok my manager just called me said basically the same thing base and top pay get 3%. Everyone else should be getting 6%.

Going forward their plan as stated is new hires will top out in ten years.

Next year's raise is supposed to be calculated in steps where your rate puts you into a bracket, New hires will be at step 10 and they will get a raise to bring them to step 9 and so on till they top out.

The 6% others get will put then in various steps of the 10 step scale.

So in short a new hire will top out after ten years, if you are currently 9 years depending on how that scale works u just might take 7 more years to top out.......

Then again this system starts next year and they may come up with another reason they will have to suspend it when the time comes.

For now I'll take the 6% better then the crap we've been getting.

dezguy

Ten years to top out is still unacceptable, especially from a multi billion dollar company like FedEx. Never, in any place I have ever worked have I seen it take so long for one to reach top rate, certainly not at the unionized places I have worked.

mcutrono

Ok my manager just called me said basically the same thing base and top pay get 3%. Everyone else should be getting 6%.

Going forward their plan as stated is new hires will top out in ten years.

Next year's raise is supposed to be calculated in steps where your rate puts you into a bracket, New hires will be at step 10 and they will get a raise to bring them to step 9 and so on till they top out.

The 6% others get will put then in various steps of the 10 step scale.

So in short a new hire will top out after ten years, if you are currently 9 years depending on how that scale works u just might take 7 more years to top out.......

Then again this system starts next year and they may come up with another reason they will have to suspend it when the time comes.

For now I'll take the 6% better then the crap we've been getting.

This is where this is all a crock of :censored2:. If ive been here 15 years I should be at top pay, not waiting for some hypothetical asinine scale to put me at the top in 7 years. Making it 22 years before i hit top pay in total. Then next year they will say "profits weren't as good as we thought, but we will do the honorable thing and give you 2%" total crock of krap.