Express raises.

El Morado Diablo

We heard the announcement this morning. One of the things we were told was that they are taking away the Frontline (FPP) bonuses. So, as usual, yet another takeaway for the hourlies. No mention whether or not they are taking away management bonuses <sarcasm>. We were also told that we need to be nice to new hires so they'll stick around since turnover is such a problem in the company. That got a lot of laughs. It's nice to hear management finally admitting we have a turnover problem.

MAKAVELI

We heard the announcement this morning. One of the things we were told was that they are taking away the Frontline (FPP) bonuses. So, as usual, yet another takeaway for the hourlies. No mention whether or not they are taking away management bonuses <sarcasm>. We were also told that we need to be nice to new hires so they'll stick around since turnover is such a problem in the company. That got a lot of laughs. It's nice to hear management finally admitting we have a turnover problem.
But management will never admit that they are the cause of the high turnover. My guess is by announcing the step raise program that it's all a scam meant to keep midrange employees from quitting before peak and to keep new hires on. More than likely next year they'll find an excuse why they can't put this plan into place and continue with our straight percentage raises.

mcutrono

Only way this company could have any credibility with me anymore is if they made the announcement that in October all 10+ year employees not at top pay will be put at top pay. Then they can put their 10 step program to use. Otherwise, I for one will find it highly offensive that I will have to be here for 20 years to be at top pay. I take this as all smoke and mirrors from Memphis because you know what happened the last time with that whole quartile crap

dezguy

At least you guys have heard about raises. Nary a peep up here about our total rewards package for this year...

vantexan

But management will never admit that they are the cause of the high turnover. My guess is by announcing the step raise program that it's all a scam meant to keep midrange employees from quitting before peak and to keep new hires on. More than likely next year they'll find an excuse why they can't put this plan into place and continue with our straight percentage raises.
It does beg the question of why not start the 10 step plan this year? If they don't come through next year however any shred of trust left will be gone and so will many fedup employees.

El Morado Diablo

I really enjoyed the talking points our manager was asked to pass along like it will cost the company $445 million a year to implement the step raises. They could have paid for the first 9 years of the plan if they had just used the $4 billion dollars they used to buy back our company stock. We were told, "Remember, all of our cost cutting, our overtime reduction, our bonus eliminations, etc were done to make this happen. It's up to us to do our best going forward so the company can do this for us". One of our old-timers was laughing and told the manager to "keep going, just stick to the script". It was pretty funny.

FedexCares

Are they defining anywhere when you are allowed to take another "step?" Or are they just implying it will be annually so they can freeze everyone when they feel like it?
We had a managing director at our station that was going over the new step program as well as the raises coming in October. The MD said something very interesting when it came to the step program 10-year top-out plan. When responding to a 10 year veteran who he estimated would fall into step 6-7, he said "IF these steps are done annually, then it would only take 3-4 more years for you to top out". Now, im not even sure he realized he said this, but it seemed pretty evident to me that ANNUAL steps are far from certain.

MAKAVELI

We had a managing director at our station that was going over the new step program as well as the raises coming in October. The MD said something very interesting when it came to the step program 10-year top-out plan. When responding to a 10 year veteran who he estimated would fall into step 6-7, he said "IF these steps are done annually, then it would only take 3-4 more years for you to top out". Now, im not even sure he realized he said this, but it seemed pretty evident to me that ANNUAL steps are far from certain.
This is a major reason why so many are distrustful of FedEx. Just like policies, the pay structure changes with the wind and management can NEVER give a straight forward answer. If these steps aren't at least ANNUAL, turnover will be even worse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wait until they announce that our Medical "Plan" will have increased costs. Effing scumbags. I tell every new hire the absolute truth, and I'm happy to say that several have quit directly due to my "counseling". They don't dare send out new people with anyone but Purple People, and there are very few of those morons left. If management wants me to lie for them, that isn't going to happen.

Serf

Well it's a start. Albeit, late in the game. I can concur and corroborate all that was said here. At least from my neck of the woods.
* Front line payout is going to be eliminated.
* 3% for employees on the bottom and top pay scale.
* 6% for employees in midrange.
* A "defined" 10 year top out plan.
* Our Senior says Medical will NOT go up, (at least this year.)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There was no definition of this plan and all questions raised were not answered as SM had no definition of said plan or implementation of said "plan" Smoke and mirrors... pure and simple

This would be the correct answer. There has been no defined plan, and until there is, all of this is conjecture. Judging from past Express behavior, your net "raise" will be zero anyway. Consider the following.

1. FedEx has already announced it's intention to have everyone FT on 4x10. No OT.

2. #1 means massive hiring of part-timers...if they can find anyone who wants to work here.

3. The Frontline payout has been eliminated, which should tell you that they're already looking at ways to take any "raise" right back.

4. How many new people will even stay 10 years if the theoretical "10 year plan" is real? Besides, 10 years is still way too long to top out. Another big hint that your net gain will be zero.

5. Medical won't go up? Sure. How long have they been milking "soaring health care costs"?

There's more, but I'll have to do it later. I need a beer.

optikz

Well it's a start. Albeit, late in the game. I can concur and corroborate all that was said here. At least from my neck of the woods.
* Front line payout is going to be eliminated.
* 3% for employees on the bottom and top pay scale.
* 6% for employees in midrange.
* A "defined" 10 year top out plan.
* Our Senior says Medical will NOT go up, (at least this year.)

I asked about this this morning, boss said new hires and top out get 3%. Every one else gets 6%. I've been here almost 8 years and don't make much more than a new hire.