Food for thought maybe

Do you like your job at UPS?

• I love what I do. ITs tough at times, but I love it

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • Nope, I hate everything about my job. Its just a paycheck

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • The pay is nice. But if I could find another job that pays this well...

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • I dont know

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dill

You can hold any position in life you care to, regardless of how sound.

And in the discussion of ideas, the idea is to make your case to either validate your position, or to attempt to get someone else to see why you hold that position.

This is called debating.

At the end of the day, everybody is entitled to their own opinions, regardless of how wrong, right, smart or stupid.

But if someone offers insight, proof, documentation, life experiences etc, and these help change someones mind through the process of debating, this is called learning.

So my dear, if you think I am wrong or single minded about an issue, prepare yourself to change my thinking. But come prepared........

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill

You can hold any position in life you care to, regardless of how sound.

And in the discussion of ideas, the idea is to make your case to either validate your position, or to attempt to get someone else to see why you hold that position.

This is called debating.

At the end of the day, everybody is entitled to their own opinions, regardless of how wrong, right, smart or stupid.

But if someone offers insight, proof, documentation, life experiences etc, and these help change someones mind through the process of debating, this is called learning.

So my dear, if you think I am wrong or single minded about an issue, prepare yourself to change my thinking. But come prepared........

d
Darlin, of this I AM well aware! :happy-very:

And to clear something up, I NEVER said you were wrong. If I said you were wrong please point it out and I will take it back.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Oh but Sweet Dill

I have been wrong several times, as has been pointed out to me by several on this board. It is not often, but I have been wrong.

I am, as my wife reminds me, a bit opinionated..............

But alas, in the fading sunset of life, such a small imperfection can be overlooked?:wink2:

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh but Sweet Dill

I have been wrong several times, as has been pointed out to me by several on this board. It is not often, but I have been wrong.

I am, as my wife reminds me, a bit opinionated..............

But alas, in the fading sunset of life, such a small imperfection can be overlooked?:wink2:

d
Danny darling there are many things that can be over looked, especially for you. Not so for certain others. :happy-very: I takes a bigger man to admit that he is wrong than it does for one to hide from the truth. :happy2:

PS I knew there was a reason I liked your wife. We agree about you being opinionated. :surprised:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Currently I can't stand what they have me do, work as directed.
Driving overflow loads to Harvard square, doing meet points with drivers to swap their misloads, having some drivers show up late & telling the boss that I was the one who was late, spending hours just sitting somewhere on the road waiting for someone back at the center to make a decision about where I go next, the center manager allowing others to have time off & forgetting to inform me that I will have to cover their work , going around and picking up sups, getting a working DIAD to some driver who easily could have returned to the center themselves, finding out from drivers that one of the sups told them that I would be available to help them yet I was never told ,being told that I have to assist the clerk doing Same-day-will-calls and when I show up that clerk disappears. My bid was ECS clerk/ air driver { with no scheduled route } so they made me a air driver cover.
Come next bid, Feb 2010, I am taking a non-driving job. The center manager can get some other fool to be his slave.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Currently I can't stand what they have me do, work as directed.
Driving overflow loads to Harvard square, doing meet points with drivers to swap their misloads, having some drivers show up late & telling the boss that I was the one who was late, spending hours just sitting somewhere on the road waiting for someone back at the center to make a decision about where I go next, the center manager allowing others to have time off & forgetting to inform me that I will have to cover their work , going around and picking up sups, getting a working DIAD to some driver who easily could have returned to the center themselves, finding out from drivers that one of the sups told them that I would be available to help them yet I was never told ,being told that I have to assist the clerk doing Same-day-will-calls and when I show up that clerk disappears. My bid was ECS clerk/ air driver { with no scheduled route } so they made me a air driver cover.
Come next bid, Feb 2010, I am taking a non-driving job. The center manager can get some other fool to be his slave.

Serious question - What is bad about the type of driver stuff they have you doing.
Just curious.
Hoax

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Danny darling there are many things that can be over looked, especially for you. Not so for certain others. :happy-very: I takes a bigger man to admit that he is wrong than it does for one to hide from the truth. :happy2:

There are times in life when one must set aside those people who do little to aid in their quest.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

There are times in life when one must set aside those people who do little to aid in their quest.
Is this fued still on? Which one is a Hatfield and which is a McCoy?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I'd ask you to explain that in a little more detail but that's right........... your not talking to me any more. GO AWAY!