Ground Driver, Am I Being Underpaid?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He would have to find a smaller apartment, hopefully one with a wall big enough to be able to hang all of his diplomas.

Now I see why you are loathed by your UPS brethren. God, what an irritant. You said your Business Degree gave you credibility to comment on the business principles of FedEx Ground. I asked if my higher degree gave me more credibility. You got your little feelings hurt and are now sulking in the corner because of it.

Maybe you and moreluck can form a team or something. You've got more in common than you think.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe he could qualify for food stamps and sec.8 housing like ground drivers.

He, Sammy, and the rest of them all ignore this and claim it's "today's business climate" or some other horseshat excuse for the way Ground drivers get treated. My personal favorite is the salary plan, where they get flat-rated the $650 and then get worked 60 hours per week.

Lots of excuses and rationalizations for a huge scam that has FedEx employees pretending they aren't FedEx employees. All legal, of course, because now they have to have more than just one driver to exploit.

Having in part of it makes one not only a servant to Smith, but a lowlife and apologist. Sammy and IWBF need to join the Republican Party so they can spread the gospel of abuse. Upstate is already there.

bbsam

Staff member
He, Sammy, and the rest of them all ignore this and claim it's "today's business climate" or some other horseshat excuse for the way Ground drivers get treated. My personal favorite is the salary plan, where they get flat-rated the $650 and then get worked 60 hours per week.

Lots of excuses and rationalizations for a huge scam that has FedEx employees pretending they aren't FedEx employees. All legal, of course, because now they have to have more than just one driver to exploit.

Having in part of it makes one not only a servant to Smith, but a lowlife and apologist. Sammy and IWBF need to join the Republican Party so they can spread the gospel of abuse. Upstate is already there.
You finally said it. "All legal." Stop right there. Until that changes, you really have only personal opinions that we all know. You don't like the Ground model.

It will be fine

You finally said it. "All legal." Stop right there. Until that changes, you really have only personal opinions that we all know. You don't like the Ground model.
Why stop when he can rant on and on without any actual knowledge? He did a detailed study of the policies of every ground contractor and knows everything. That or he talked to a driver one time. Either way MFE knows all and any who disagree are kool-aid drinking shill tools of the devil incarnate Fred S.

l22

Some of you defending Ground's business model on here.... really? Are you being serious when you defend it or what?

bbsam

Staff member
Some of you defending Ground's business model on here.... really? Are you being serious when you defend it or what?
Defending? What needs defending? Is it legal? I keep hearing the word "scam" thrown around but when pressed on the issue...nothing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's union kryptonite right up until the company pushes things too far and you and the vast majority of couriers decide you've had enough nationwide. Here on BC you've more than reached that point. In the real world? Not so much.

You forget FedEx history. The IBT made a tepid attempt to organize Express in 1996-97. When Smith got his Express Carrier Exemption tacked onto the FAA Reauthorization Act, the Teamsters ran away...before the movement even got rolling.

They did it again when there was chatter about amending the RLA to make it easier for workers to organize. Smith pulled a lot of strings, including threatening to kill a big Boeing contract if any changes were made.

He got his way, and the IBT ran away again. Now, they don't even take phone calls or answer emails from Express employees...only Freight. The reason? One is RLA, and the other is NLRA.

A huge difference. What don't you understand, Scammy?

bbsam

Staff member
You forget FedEx history. The IBT made a tepid attempt to organize Express in 1996-97. When Smith got his Express Carrier Exemption tacked onto the FAA Reauthorization Act, the Teamsters ran away...before the movement even got rolling.

They did it again when there was chatter about amending the RLA to make it easier for workers to organize. Smith pulled a lot of strings, including threatening to kill a big Boeing contract if any changes were made.

He got his way, and the IBT ran away again. Now, they don't even take phone calls or answer emails from Express employees...only Freight. The reason? One is RLA, and the other is NLRA.

A huge difference. What don't you understand, Scammy?
You miss the obvious. Until enough of your coworkers hate Fred and the company with fury such as yours, Fred will continue to have his way with you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You miss the obvious. Until enough of your coworkers hate Fred and the company with fury such as yours, Fred will continue to have his way with you.

No, you miss the obvious. The RLA is very tough to beat. Even attempting to amend it had Fred pulling out all of the political stops to kill it...which he did. Just ask the Senators from Boeing.

bbsam

Staff member
No, you miss the obvious. The RLA is very tough to beat. Even attempting to amend it had Fred pulling out all of the political stops to kill it...which he did. Just ask the Senators from Boeing.
Then Fedex is getting what they want. Drivers who stay for a decade or so and move on. The career courier position is a thing of the past and interest in making the position a career one will soon die off.