Handshake agreement?

Hey tieguy I think you are right on on some things above, especially cramer, but I must disagree about 32.00 being an issue because I make 28.08 last time I checked. I also know that when the company post this as being an issue they are trying to pull the wool over most union employees eye. If you have the financial background I think you may, I would bet that you know as well as I that numbers are backed by dollars that can change. Yes a union member is smart enough to recognize the devaluation of the U.S. dollar could mean that 32 now is the equivalent of 23 in the nintys, and while the number is rising as the value is shrinking. You probably also know as well as I that those on a low salary, or fixed hourly, are at risk of making less with more through the problem of inflation. My point is this. UPS can raise their pricese as they see fit due to changes in the market place, while a union member, or even a salary manager on the lower end of the food chain does not have this option. This is what keeps are stock up. Further more our competition is weakening every day. We now are running dhl stuff, along with priority mail for the post office. Fed ex is our only real competetor,and it takes four of them to do what 2 of us can do. We must take what is given to us. I feel sorry for UPS drivers and managers who do not make over 60 to 70k a year, and are forced to live in an urban environment where the cost of living is much greater than those of use who live in rural areas and do more with less. Don't get me wrong I feel that where I am I couln't do much better anywhere else. As a whole you and I both know that UPS made out like a bandit on this one, and stock will be on the rise. Not complaining, I have ups stock too, and I want to see it go up. I just fear for not only upsers of the world, and low end salary managers, but if inflation continues in the direction it is going minimum wage could be 12 per hour in five years. A big mac and fries could cost 10 bucks, and 32 could easily be the equivalent of $20 an hour in todays market. Food for thought??? Good luck to all, and to all a good day!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
but if inflation continues in the direction it is going minimum wage could be 12 per hour in five years. A big mac and fries could cost 10 bucks, and 32 could easily be the equivalent of $20 an hour in todays market.

If this did happen, the whole country would look like the LA / Rodney King riots !!!

Especially at the King of Queens house, we know that guy knocks back at least 3 Big Mac Super Size Extra Value Meals plus a free iced coffee.
Glad to see a few people who have a little humor out there. The world would be much better if everone wasn't soo freaking serious all the time!!! By the way I love big macs.:happy-very:

Beat'n Black n Brown

Bb i dont know what im talk'n about????? Enlighten me......i may be new but i've been on bc for years....under different names.....i just now registered and please tell me what u know....i've looked at our proposal...have you?i've read the additions and subtractions...have you?i was'nt slamn' scratch....maybe havn' some fun with tie....but you chirp in when someone makes a comment....you're so quick witted...you're 1 line answers .. So let me know...what things am i wrong about........