Has management treated you like garbage since new contract got passed ?

MattM

My area is now really pushing hard for what they call SSDs (seasonal support drivers), or PVDs. This is for peak
Also; they’re pushing double shifting and temporary seasonal driving, and driver helpers

Will outside hires be a thing of the past? Will We lose FT drivers? They say they want more full timers but I just don’t see it

Will they deem us full time if PTers work 2-3 split shifts daily? Is that where they con the union into saying there providing us better opportunities?

Seems like a monetary come up for them to get their $21-$23 labor and never use RPCDs at top rate.

In the past they had minimal opportunities for driver helpers and double shifting. But now they’ve added in two other chances

Can part time air drivers be used to deliver ground? I know some have done it on saturdays in the past. But now it seems like they’ll be taking workers away from one job task/role and could be using them elsewhere. It sucks for staffing at one building if it’s just being fed to another. It doesn’t help overall. By I told the new folks, be prepared to be on call nearly 24/7 for your chance at 3 hours of work

PT Car Washer

My area is now really pushing hard for what they call SSDs, or PVDs. This is for peak
Also; they’re pushing double shifting and temporary seasonal driving, and driver helpers

Will outside hires be a thing of the past? Will We lose FT drivers? They say they want more full timers but I just don’t see it

Will they deem us full time if PTers work 2-3 split shifts daily?

Seems like a monetary come up for them to get their $21-$23 labor and never use RPCDs.
Doesn't matter how many hours you work if you are classified as PT. Just another wage concession.

Should have taken the full time job when it was available
You are right. I didn't like the 22.4 bids, very non specific. Just work as directed start at 9 am. They were out there until 10 pm some days. With my kids, I couldn't do that. I would be on layoff anyway now, we have 34 drivers on layoff.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Same stuff different day here. They pretty much hate their jobs more than we do. I don’t think they will feed us anymore. But now the cafeteria has free food. You are supposed to pay, the honor system, but you can just help yourself and nobody says anything.
You have a cafeteria?

HarryWarden

I haven’t noticed any difference because I don’t talk to management. I just go in, keep my head down and do my job and then leave

Steamer

Same stuff different day here. They pretty much hate their jobs more than we do. I don’t think they will feed us anymore. But now the cafeteria has free food. You are supposed to pay, the honor system, but you can just help yourself and nobody says anything.
Well, we have a nice tavern and sexy waitresses at our center. It's an honor and off her system.

textat3

Yeah we have this system where cameras are all in your face and they say they will fire you if you don’t pay. Most just take what they want and give the camera the finger. A driver sup actually mooned the camera….it was a riot.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Yeah we have this system where cameras are all in your face and they say they will fire you if you don’t pay. Most just take what they want and give the camera the finger. A driver sup actually mooned the camera….it was a riot.
So much for the “Honor” system.
It’s hilarious that geniuses would risk a good job for free Twinkies.

Commercial Inside Release

Kind of sounds like baiting & entrapment...
Like some psychopathic daycare provider that leaves cookies out, then punishes the kids for taking one.

It is very on brand, for UPS management.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Like some psychopathic daycare provider that leaves cookies out, then punishes the kids for taking one.

You need to find a place to learn what the “ Honor System” means specifically to PAYING FOR stuff you buy.
Do you need a CO or Babysitter?
SMH

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

@Lineandinitial hey :censored2:, no where at UPS have I ever seen a cafeteria, or even a functional vending machine.

Management where I was at thought refreshments were some oncar playing pocket pool, while he talks about dog bites.
I won't accuse you of Deflecting, but the first guy says Some don't pay; you jump in and say its some kind of entrapment if they ask you to simply pay for what you take and your response is something I can't decipher about pocket pool and dog bites. I don't want to get into your issues with UPS...I don't give a :censored2: whether you pay or not or have a vending machine.